Worst Experience Ever -Atlanta, GA

At 62 I was looking forward to retirement and...

At 62 I was looking forward to retirement and getting back out socially again. I have always been confident and never paid much attention to my looks. However friends had started asking if my face was bruised because of the discolored spots. I saw LSL add and thought it sounded great.

The laser burned so bad I throw up during the procedure. The next day when the bandages came off the doctor asked if I smoked and said that the black areas on my face usually happened if you smoke. I have never smoked not even 1. It is now 5 months later and I still have a stitch sticking out of the left side of my face that has not dissolved and stays sore. I can not even hold the phone to that ear because of it. The burn on the right side got infected. The huge open sores scabs came off and left huge holes which has since healed leaving raised red scars.
dr k

limited

Are you healing up any better? Are you doing better? Let us know how you are.
Oh, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. The same surgeon did my surgery and I have the same kind of scars behind my ears. I really do feel for you. I wish you well, Chrystal.
Wow. Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
I'm very sorry your experience was so bad. I had the peel done at the same time as the lower facelift & neck lift. I didn't even need to use the painkillers prescribed to me. The worst of the whole procedure was the dryness & itchiness from the peel. It's been about 2 1/2 mo. since my procedure & I am very happy with the results. I still have numbness around my ears but they told me it could take a year for that to go away. In what city did you have your procedure done?
Oh my goodness!!! I feel so bad you had to go thru this!!! I wish there was something else I could say but your pictures just floored me. What did the doctor do/say when you appeared with great big gaping holes in your face like that? I am so mad for you!!! ~Hugs~