Smart Lipo - Back Bra Rolls, Waste & Inner Thigh - Atlanta, GA

I had smart lipo done on 6/21 on my back rolls, my...

I had smart lipo done on 6/21 on my back rolls, my waist (spare tire) and my inner thigh (the area I begrudgingly call my mini butt ). I also purchased Velashape for my inner thigh area but cant get that done until at least 6 weeks post main procedure. I was not nervous until right before and even then it was an excited nervousness. The procedure was a bit painful at times because some sections had not been numbed completely. The drugs they gave me prior relaxed me completely. After all was done they zipped me up in compression garments (my super suit) and sent me home. My bestie drove me home and my Mom took care of me the 24 hours following.

A little background on me. I grew up thin as a rail and the middle school was my awkward period where I was chunky. I thinned right back out once I got active in high school. I puffed up again during my first year of college and I have been battling ever since. In gaining my weight I also inherited all of the bad weight traits my families had to offer (mom & dads side) my moms side is the skinny side ( no one larger than a size 12) but they have the back fat rolls ( we affectionately call them hunkles). It's not so bad on them because their smaller and there are maybe 1 or 2. My dads side are the heavier bunch and have sizable backsides. So for me I have the potential of being quite the brick house butt I yo-yo with weight because of the genetics on both sides. About a year and a half ago close to two I was at my heaviest(237 lbs) I couldn't take it anymore and decided to change things for good and joined Weight Watchers(before the J Hudd hype). That was the best thing I could have done. I wanted to be the hot mom for my daughter (11 yrs) and fit into the clothes I love (I'm a bit of a fashionista shop-a-holic) and most importantly I did not want to deal w the diabetes that runs through my dad's side.

Now that I have had the lipo I'm in a bit of the grey area because I really want to see results sooner rather than later. I knew I wouldnt see all results immediately but I thought maybe a little difference. I do see some change in my inner thigh but nothing on my back. During my 1 week post op, the nurse told me that changes are a coming and to just be patient so that's where I am. I guess I wanted results like some I see on the web of the weeks after. I continue my weight watchers and got cleared to start exercising again so I'm happy about that. These procedures were a gift to myself for losing my first 30lbs. Now I 40lbs to go. Once I do that I may go back for Abs and arms depending on what everything looks like by that point. All in my quest to be fine by fourty. I have to years to go.

The Sonobello staff was just awesome! They were completely nice and so cool, it was like hanging out with friends and family. I am not sure if it was worth it yet cuz I don't see the results just yet but the experience was a good one.

I know it's been a while since my last post. I...

I know it's been a while since my last post. I figured I would suffer to myself in silence because everyone I read about on the site is seeing such great results as the weeks go by. Still nothing for me as week six comes and goes. I'm guessing that the procedures are not for everyone and I'm just making my peace with that I guess. I'm back to exercising full speed and just dealing with a lot of strange sensations in the treated areas, swelling in my hands and feet and super itching. Im in no pain at really. I pretty much stop wearing my compression garments because i figure what hell if things didnt work and it's beyond hot outside... Lol. I just can't continue to throw money at something that isn't working for me. I mean wasn't $6200 enough plus what I've spent on other things trying to get these results. Again not expecting to see full results, of course not but no change at all in measurement or sight is just plain crazy. Patience has gone right out the window for me.
Sonobello

I had the best consultation with Sono Bello. I went on a couple of different consultations with different providers and Sono Bello fit the bill for my goals and what I needed. They also provided the best payment options.

Thanks Back! I needed that jolt. Everything u said is absolutely right about me so I guess I have to practice being patient. Your pics looks really awesome! Im with you. I'm really glad I found this blog post because it has been super useful. Thanks again for the much needed encouragement.
anytime I can help!
Hey Scared......

Be patient. I know that is probably the LAST thing that you're trying to hear right now (I was the same way). I had a total of 2200 CCs removed. After ALL your swelling subsides, you will see what you were looking for. But the ups and downs of swelling can almost drive you insane. It's going to be fine. YOU are going to be fine. You can check my page out for before and after (although I may need to post some more after pics, because it continually gets better) pics, and the rollercoaster of emotions most of us who have had this procedure haven gone through. I even did the Velashape process too. You are in good company. People on this site have been very supportive throughout my whole process, as I'm sure they'll be with yours.

Good luck with the healing!!
Wow Woman! I hope that's really the case. I can't tell right now but if that happens a little later wahoooo!
I'm reading that 1000 CC = 2.2 pounds, so 4.62 pounds of fat. My doctor told me that's like dieting and losing 4 times that amount. In other words when you diet, you lost fat and alot of other things, so take the actual fat amount and multiply by 4. So, it's like you lost 18+pounds.
Hey woman. They removed a total of 2100cc. I have not done any conversion to that yet but they tell me it's a good amount to see some really good results. I have actually taken measurements and there has been small movement there but nothing big yet.
Hey Scared, did you take actual measurements? That helped me to see the differences. Also, how much fat did they remove?
Thanks Kirsty! I'm trying my very hardest to be patient so maybe that's what the biggest lesson in this part of my life's journey is. I will definitely keep the blog updated. I journal daily because it honestly keeps me sane and helps greatly w weight loss....:-) so it's easy to transfer the milestone and updates to this post. Thanks again.

Hey there, thanks so much for sharing your journey with us and congratulations on your weight loss! I know it can be difficult waiting for results to show, but hopefully it will all have been worth it a few months down the line. Please do keep us updated on your progress.