Breast Implants with a Lift - Atlanta, GA

I am 6 days away from breast augmentation with a...

I am 6 days away from breast augmentation with a lift. I have been waiting years to have my breasts done but as the time gets closer I am becoming more anxious. I think the not knowing what I will look like afterwards and the reaction I will get from others is not helping. I am getting by boobs done after having four kids. They are not what they used to be. LOL. I have been reading a lot of the posts here and there is some great advice out there. Did anyone else have trouble sleeping before the surgery? Does anyone have any advice for scarring and healing after a lift? With my breast tissue and sagging, my PS recommended the lollipop method for the lift.

June 13 surgery day

I woke up got ready and headed to the surgery center. Of course there was crazy traffic so it took us longer to get there. I was anxious about the surgery. I went back and got ready for my surgery. I decided to go with 425cc's. I woke up feeling queasy and threw up several times. I am in some pain. I have been taking my pain pills, muscle relaxers, Motrin, and my antibiotic. I spent a lot of time in bed, resting and icing.

Day after surgery

I was up and down all night. I couldn't get comfortable. My left breast is bleeding a little. I have a larger implant in that one. I am still nauseous and not eating much. My breasts feel like they are going to pop. I hope I start to feel better soon.

Day 2

I'm feeling better today. My left underarm burns some. I have been up and about more. I am icing my breasts and sleeping off and on. I am taking it one day at a time. It's going to be a long week until my post op appointment.

4 days post op

I'm feeling better each day. My right breast looks and feels good. My left one hurts more and is still swollen. I'm trying to use both arms but it is hard to do since I'm right handed. I hurt more in the morning. I hope my left breast adjusts soon. I go for my pre op appointment June 19.

5 days post op

I broke down and went to the doctor today due to swelling and pain in my left breast. She removed my tape and sent me for an ultrasound. There was a little fluid but nothing out of the ordinary. She removed tape and want me to continue to go without a bra to help them drop. She told me to keep taking my meds and it should get better in time. I am not a patient person so I just have to pray and wait. I hope they look good when they are done.

1 week post op

I'm feeling more like myself. Doing more around the house and taking less pain meds. Still taking muscle relaxers because my left muscles are still tight. Waiting on body to heal so I can start my scar cream. Praying from them to drop and fluff before I have to go back to work July 25.

11 days post op

Well I have stopped taking pain meds except before bed. My left breast is still high. Try massage to help move implant. Feeling frustrated with my results so far. Ready for my breasts to look more normal.

bad day

Today has been a hard day for me. I sent pics to my ps worried about my left breast. She said it looked "basically normal" for this time. What does that actually mean. She said to massge downward and call it gets worse instead of slowly improving. I broke down and cried because of how weird it looks. I want to have faith that my skin and the implant need time but it is so hard especially seeing all the pics here that look so much better. I don't know what to do at this point but wait.

Almost 3 weeks post op

My breasts are still healing. The scabs and glue are coming off slowly. I am massaging my left breast in hopes that it will continue dropping. My skin is tight on that breast. It was the smaller of them and has a larger implant to help make them more even. My right side is making good progress. I am happy with how my right breast has turned out so far. I am in the waiting phase and I don't have the patience for it. I go back to see my PS in three weeks. I guess we will go from there.

3 weeks post op

I am 3 weeks post op and feeling better. Breasts are a little sore but healing well. Still waiting on one side to drop and fluff. I am happy that my breasts no longer sag. It is nice to wear dresses without a bra. I am glad I decided to do this for myself. I look forward to seeing what they look like at about 3 months.

1 month post op

My breasts are looking better. My left breast is still higher but I can feel the pressure from the implant working with gravity. I am hoping it "fluffs" out a little more in the next couple of weeks before I go back to work so they are more symmetrical. Worse case scenario, I will have a minor revision done to the left breast. I want to start walking and work up to running again. I went and bought a nice sports bra in a size 34 DD. I was not expecting that. LOL I don't feel like they are that big. I know bras all run different in sizes so we shall see in a couple weeks when I go purchase some new bras for work.

1 month post op pics

Posting some pics of my 1 month look. Still have some dropping and fluffing to do on my left side. Can't wait for them to even out. It has been a long month for me. I am massaging multiple times a day and praying for success.

6 weeks post op

I had my 6 week post op appointment this week. PS said everything was progressing nicely but I still had some dropping and fluffing to do. She said time was my friend, so I can't wait to see what I look like at 3 months post op. My left side is still tighter and higher than my right. In fact, my right has dropped more since my visit. My scars are healing and fading nicely, too. Overall, I am happy with my new boobs so far. I just wish things were progressing a little quicker. I know I just have to be patient and wait to see my awesome results.

8 months out

I am about 8 months post op. My left side is still higher than my right. My breasts fall to the side when I lie down. I was hoping for a great outcome, but I go back and forth with going back to talk to ps or not. Some days I think I closer to where I want to be others not. My surgery was expensive. I was hoping o wouldn't need a revision so soon but I am not sure.

revision

Unfortunately, I don't think the lollipop lift was enough to hold my right implant. I am going for opinions on where to go from here. I was hoping one surgery would be sufficient but my right breast it too full and saggy. I am not sure if I will be using same ps or not. Not sure how I feel since she didn't get it right the first time. Anyone else have advice?

Almost 1 year post op

I am almost 1 year post op. I am glad to be past all of the pain and adjusting from last year. I have been back for a consultation to get some things tweaked. I had implants placed at the same time as my breast lift. My left breast is slightly fuller on the top than my right breast. I am in need of another surgery to make a few corrections. I am saving my money for this. I am also looking into having something similar to strattice placed due to the fact that I have thin skin. I am still debating this part. I hope to get a revision done by next February.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon