A couple more weeks until I get some southern hospitality :)

I heard about this surgery about 12 years ago from...

I heard about this surgery about 12 years ago from a chick I used to dance with. She said she was going to get her butt done in ATL. Ever since she told me about it I was interested. I already was planning on getting lipo to my abdomen and flanks, and i figured I might as well use the fat instead of them just throwing it away. Problem is that every consult I went to here where I live in Pittsburgh, all the PS's said the same thing,"That won't work, the fat will die". So I ended up just getting lipo. I told the PS not to take too much fat out my belly though. (I knew that I would eventually find a PS that would be able to do it).

Earlier this year I finally found a PS here that does the bbl. I came on Realself to find more info on him. I got sidetracked though when I was looking at before and after pics and found Dr. Jimerson's pics. At that point I forgot all about that PS from here and called and scheduled my consult with Dr. J.

My consult was 10/10/2012. I will be getting lipo to abdomen, flanks, bra roll, and inner thighs, fat grafted to hips & butt. I was quoted at $11,200. Sx is 5/23/2013. At the time when i sent my pics I was already 8lbs heavier than i like to be (i'm 5'7 168lbs/ 38-30-40), and was told like everyone else to gain 10-15lbs! I told them I'm already 8lbs over and they said with the results I want I need to gain more :( I stopped working out and I feel so disgusting. My thighs are a mess! I gotta tighten them up as soon as i can after sx.

I didn't book yet but I'm thinking of going to the Hyatt for my stay,mainly for the shuttle. I still gotta get financed, but i'm paying off a collections account (which will be paid in full later this month) and my credit cards. I figure I'll try my credit union first and than try the other sx financing companies if that don't work. I paid high interest for the lipo I had done, and don't want to do that again. Can anyone tell me would it be too early to book my flight and hotel 6 months ahead???

Hey Cream. Good luck to you. Dr. J is really good at what he does. I wouldn't book anything until you get clearance.
Hello, enjoyed your post. Just my opinion, i would not book room or flights until i get my medical clearances because if you don't get your clearance you may have change your sx date. which would cause you to maybe lose your money on your flights and hotel. however good luck...i am team jcurvess too.i will post my journey closure to my sx date feb 2013.
Hi allwaysblieve..I am scheduled in Feb as well, when is your date?

So I told my cousin about the BBL and was telling...

So I told my cousin about the BBL and was telling her how I'm gonna give her all my jeans since I'm gaining weight for the sx and can't fit them. She was like "How much weight you gotta gain" and I told her. Why did she say,"So he's gonna give you 15Lbs of ass"! CTFU!!! LoL

Congrats on booking your date!!! Good Luck!
Thank you & good luck to you too!
Thanks ladies :) I hope booking a couple weeks before I'll be able to get the airline and hotel I have in mind. So another thing I was thinking is...If this credit union don't finance me, how easy is it to get qualified for financing with the companies Dr. J works with??? I'm holding off on applying to anywhere, because I want to try to get my credit score up more (my average score i 645).

Just seen my new pcp today. Got a script of...

Just seen my new pcp today. Got a script of Chantix so i can quit smoking :) Informed her about my bbl, and had to explain it to her cause she never heard of it. CBC and pre-op physical are scheduled. Only one problem.... for some reason my b/p was high today. It normally isn't and i'm a little concerned. I have to monitor my b/p for the next 2 weeks and if it's still high i gotta go on meds for it :( Hopefully this is just a fluke, but we'll see.

Congrats!!
Good luck on your journey

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MAY!!! My blood pressure is okay....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MAY!!! My blood pressure is okay. I'm thinking it was either high that day because of my job (they was bothering my when i was at my appointment) or the anxiety from thinking about the bbl. Another good thing is i gained the weight I needed to for the bbl. Now my biggest problem is going to be to stop smoking. I attempted it and quit for about 12 days, but I was such a miserable bitch. I'll quit in April. I have to cuz i want my ass to heal and be all that it can be. lol

Hey cr3am! I'm shooting for dr j in may too!! Ill be following ur journey! I'm nervous n excited but more ready than anything. I've lost even more weight (purposely) n now gotta pack on at least 10 more for best results.. When is ur date? I'm shooting for late may..
Girl I'm nervous and excited too! but i'm nervous about the recovery. not sitting for all that time is gonna suck!!!! The whole weight situation is hard to deal with. I'm ready to jump on my ellipitical and drop a couple lbs till april, cuz i'm fat and hate it. My surgery is on May 23rd. I'm ready to do this be get it over with already.
Congrats babe!! So exciting!!

So I heard the other day that the financing were...

So I heard the other day that the financing were they would automatically approve ppl for got decreased. It was $5000 and is now $3000. I'm a bit concerned it seems that the finance companies the Dr. J works with don't lend very much and girls have to either save or use the in house loan and get another loan. Ughhhh! I wish i could've did this sx months ago. there are so many factors that can come up while waiting.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Okay I couldn't take it anymore. I been so anxious...

Okay I couldn't take it anymore. I been so anxious about the financing situation. I'm 20lbs over weight and hating it all for this sx, and I got mine and my husbands hopes up for a nice bubble. I was thinking about how my friend told me how she liked Care Credit so much and was showing me her credit card from them telling me how they gave her $9,000 like 5 years ago and she still has it. That's when it hit me....It's like applying for a credit card, so whatever i get approved for I'll still have in a couple months when it's time to pay. So i said the hell with it, i couldn't wait till march and just applied. Amazingly I got approved for the whole amount!!!!!

Dope!!!! Congrats!!!! So care credit approved u for ur whole amount of $11,200?? :D (funny because I just wrote u back on my page then saw ur update lol)
Thank you! Yeah, but i asked for 10,500. i subtracted the 500 i paid already and figured i can pay the other $200.
Cream what's your credit score like?

So this sx is on my mind so much. There's so many...

So this sx is on my mind so much. There's so many factors involved with it, and I'm nervous that something is gonna screw this up. After I got approved for the financing I thought...well let me just make sure my blood pressure is cool. So i've been checking it and of course it's running high again :( I honestly think it's from my weight.
I called today and spoke with one of Dr. J's nurses about this and basically I got a catch 22. I can stay at 180, but end up on bp meds or I can drop some weight, but not get as big of a booty. I really don't want to get on bp meds because usually takes time to get the right ones to maintain a good bp. It may not be maintained in time for my sx. I'm hoping once this depo is out of my system in a couple weeks that might drop my bp. I guess i'll just start exercising again and hope for the best. I just don't get why i have to be so fat and i see pics of girls that are smaller than i was before i started gaining and they got great results.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Here's my pics from my consult i had in October

Here's my pics from my consult i had in October

What are you eating? Bcuz that alone will cause your bld pressure to increase even if you lose weight.
Yeah i know. i been eating the same as i have before my consult. The only factors that have changed was i took supervior position at my job at the end of the summer and stopped working out in october since my consult. So far my blood pressure has been good since i started working out again for the last couple of weeks.

Okay I was impatient but now it seems like time is...

Okay I was impatient but now it seems like time is flying. only 3 more week till i get my clearances and then 3 more weeks and I should be in ATL!!! Any of you ladys stay at Sun Suites extended stay? I'm debating between there and the Hyatt.

So I left messages a couple times for someone to call me from Dr. J's about paying, but of course I haven't heard back from anyone. Maybe one of you ladys may know. Do you have to call them or will they call for the payment? I know they said it needs to be paid so many weeks before, but i dont remember them saying how that worked.
You call them or it will be canceled. Leaving messages won't get you far lol keep calling
Hey Cr3am! Yay almost time! I suggest to keep calling like Pretty said & I suggest calling in the AM when they first open! Also, I was deciding between sum suites and hyatt too & recently decided on Hyatt because of some many reasons but mostly because it just looks so much nicer on so many levels and I read a lot of bad reviews on sun suites such as it is not clean, stinky, load, uncomfortable etc.

Bad news... went for my clearances and I have an...

bad news... went for my clearances and I have an abnormal ekg. I'm so pissed. I'm fat for nothing :( my husband is trying to make me feel better telling me Ican get a sports car ( which I do really want one) but I had my heart set on a nice ass. thanks to the ladies on here for the support. I guess I have to focus on my health at this point, and drop all this Damn weight.

Hey cream sorry to hear that. I was scheduled for 4/11 with Dr.J and found I was pregnant and had to get a refund. I got a SRT8 Challenger so that's de me feel better lol. And yes I'm turning heads even though its not what I initially wanted.
^made
oooh challengers r nice! I either want one of those or a camaro. I know that's right! thanks for letting me know that you put a smile on my face! ( only 1 all day) I appreciate it :)
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon