Dr. Jimerson is Excellent. Period. - Atlanta, GA

I WILL POST MANY PICS BY TOMORROW!! AND I HAVE...

I WILL POST MANY PICS BY TOMORROW!! AND I HAVE ALOT!

Ok. So I had my surgery with Dr. Jimerson back in May ’12. I had a BBL with Lipo to the abs, flanks and bra rolls.

I didn’t want to post about my experience early on because for me, I wanted to post about the longer term results. I will periodically update this with things that I remember or feel crucial to point out but I will try to provide a good amount of detail.

Sleeping-

I bought a side sleeper pillow and a triangle pillow to accommodate me while sleeping. I also bought a female urinal (I WOULD NOT OF MADE IT WITHOUT IT). Lying in bed all day is going to be tough. Not being able to lie on my back to watch TV or in general was a big inconvenience. But you must remind yourself that it is worth it! Temporary setback! If you don’t get hips (I did not), you should be able to pull through. If you get your hips done, just know that you cannot lie on your side!

Hygiene-

The pharmacy did not have one but ordered one for me and was probably the best 21 dollar investment of all times. I also purchased a raised toilet seat! Yes! So that you don’t have to bend down so far to use the toilet and it made is less hard to stand up afterwards. In the first 3-5 days after surgery, I would often line my garment with paper towels on the sides to use the toilet because I hated taking it off due to the extreme sensitivity. I also purchased disposable washcloths, the kind that you use for the elderly, to bathe with in the first days that I could not take a shower. THANK THE LORD FOR THEM!

I also purchased a saline wound wash along with several gauze pads, plastic gloves, triple antibiotic ointment, baby wipes, and peroxide. Make sure you keep those wounds clean and sterile at ALL times. You don’t want an infection.

I wouldn’t really recommend purchasing two garments to rotate out of at first since they cost a lot and it is actually good to come out of your garment for at least an hour a day. I did buy a medium and a small for down the line from LipoExpress.

What I did was take it off, wash it in the machine on delicate with soap that had no additives and was for sensitive skin.
Then I put it in the dryer on low to prevent shrinkage and put it back on.

Pain-

Dr. Jimerson is THOROUGH. He provides you with two high level doses of pain pills so that you can alternate them every four hours. I have a low tolerance for pain but it really is not as bad as you think. The first 4 days are tough. I will not lie. But by day four… I wasn’t really taking my pain pills and was off totally by day 5. You will be extremely sensitive where your lipo was done. My butt didn’t really hurt back then but it feels like two big a$$ bricks are attached to your back!

I didn’t want to touch it at all and even though I had people to help me 24/7 for 7 days, I didn’t want anyone including myself to touch my darn stomach! You NEED the help! Do not try to sell yourself short and do this alone. Imagine if you fell? You would have a hard time getting help. Real talk… Don’t go without help for at least the first 4 days.
Also, I ended up putting all of the food or things that I needed up high because I COULD NOT bend down. No… No putting stuff in the oven or going under your sink. Dropping something on the floor was dreadful because I would have to get on my knees to get close to the floor.

I bought a FAJA that I kept in the freezer that wrapped around my stomach and back every chance that I could. This REALLY helped with the swelling and felt great as well. It cost me $50 but it was worth it.

Also… Let me help you ladies with the issue of constipation and you let me know how wonderful this is. Dr. Jimerson gives you Colace which is a stool softener. That is not a laxative and miralax did not work for me. What works is WARM PRUNE JUICE!! I promise. Just take about 6 ounces and microwave it. Drink that and you will be on your happy way within an hour.

Clothing-

I STILL have not worn jeans and I had my surgery almost 5 months ago. Go shopping for new clothes after surgery? I wouldn’t recommend it. Your size is going to shrink as the months go by. I bought a couple of sundresses and by week 4 I bought a few of those jeggings and leggings. I am too scared to squeeze into jeans. I mean, I had to throw away a lot of my jeans because I finally have a butt!

Shrinkage-

Ok… So it shrinks… Don’t fall in love with your week one size! By week three… It will start to take shape. I have been the same size since week 3 and I am not mad. I mean, I don’t want it to get smaller but it could at this point. You be the judge.

Sitting-

I still don’t sit. LOL…I mean I did start driving at week 3 with a boppy pillow and neck roll pillow to keep myself suspended but it is kinda dangerous. LOL. I keep a neck roll pillow with me most of the time and I naturally sit on my thighs now. I cannot sit on a hard chair yet. IT HURTS! I mean it feels like two water bags are about to bust. My butt has actually been hurting me for the past 3 weeks. I feel like I have a Charlie horse on the side of each cheek. I mean, it’s bearable. I don’t feel the need to take Tylenol or medicine for it, it is just uncomfortable. Paranoia brought me into see Jimerson but everything is fine. It’s still new. It was major surgery. I’ve never knew how it feels to sit on a butt! And it’s going to take a while for my body to adjust.

I do go out with friends but I just kinda prefer to sit on stools or where there is cushioning and have learned to sit with a leg crossed under me to keep me elevated. It really works out.

Scarring-

If you find that a stich is kind of just hanging on… CUT IT OFF! (With your doctor’s permission of course.) I had 2 that kinda were pushed out and were just on the top of my skin and they weren’t dissolving. It’s those 2 that left the worst scars. So pay attention to that.

I do have one scar on my front pelvic that has healed but not all the way. Weird right? Dr. Jimerson looked at it 2 weeks ago and said that sometimes we just heal differently but that if it didn’t fully close by month six… he is going to open it up and close it again. So I hope it heals! It’s nothing major, just like a surface scab that won’t fully fall away.

I got my dermatologist to give me 6% hydroquinone. I just started it two weeks ago and it is working great. Scar Guard is cool and silicone sheeting is the best if you have keloids. ( I don't though really.)

Bruising-

ARNICA! ARNICA! ARNICA! Take it! I don’t think that I had but one bruise. That stuff works! No vaginal swelling for me also. I did however have some bruising and swelling on the right side of my inner thigh next to my vagina. It was weird because I did not lip in that area. However, it was on the same side that I have this scab that won’t fully close. I know nothing is infected because he gave me a heavy dose of antibiotics when the swelling and bruising occurred as a preventative measure back then.

Overall, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part of this will be not being able to sit. Other than that, I don’t regret it one bit. My self-esteem is better, I feel better and hopefully my weight gain will be more proportioned. I am no longer the skinny fat girl who looked like an apple. I hope this helps.

I did a lot of research on a lot of doctors but found that Jimerson was the best for me. I wasn’t impressed with Dr. Stanley A. Okoro. Dr. Jahno has a MILLON certifications but NONE of them is an American Board of Plastic Surgery one. He doesn’t list the hospitals where he was previously at. “He practiced as a trauma/emergency physician and a medical director in some of the most reputable hospitals in the United States for over 20 years. He held the position of the Emergency department Director for three different hospitals and was an International lecturer and Board Examiner in Emergency Medicine.” WARNING!!!!! I love the girl on here that went through him but I would not let him operate on me if MY country won’t give him his board. I DID however go to his office for massages after my surgery. Salema is cool but is doing so much that I am hearing about more complications with him. Dr. Menditia is great but pricey. And so on and so forth. I did my work… And Dr. Jimerson came out on top. He is one of the coolest docs I know and I would recommend him to anyone. Don’t let his prices scare you. He also automatically gives you medical cosmetic insurance. Not everyone does that. You get what you pay for.

And when you do go… tell him that you read my review and that I am the one who works on Dr. J Curves Jet Airlines! (He’ll know who I am!)

Excuse all the pics but I am obsessed with my butt...

Excuse all the pics but I am obsessed with my butt since it is so happy... LOL... And I wanted to show you the transformation that I went though thoroughly.

I RECOMMEND THIS THE MOST ---- Practice pushups BEFORE the surgery. You will not have abdominal strength to get out of bed. I had to push myself up to get out and slide out of bed. Keep the female urinal NEXT to your bed!

Good Luck... I will check in after month 6 since I am at month 5.

And I STILL wear a garment most of the time. It...

And I STILL wear a garment most of the time. It really does help to wear it for 6 months they say.

Hey Ladies.... So I am 6 months out. Feeling good....

Hey Ladies.... So I am 6 months out. Feeling good. Very pleased with the J-Man... Lol.. Some of you asked what I had taken out and what was put in. I originally had 3200 cc's out and 850 put back in each. The pain in my butt that i was feeling a few weeks ago is gone. Our bodies go through different phases in this healing process and that is just that.

I still don't really sit on my butt.. It is weird but its habit. I don't travel everywhere with a boppy pillow anymore but if I am traveling somewhere, I still carry just a neck roll pillow with me so if I do need to sit, I have support. I do keep my boppy pillow in the front seat of my car however just because it is comfortable. After you get this surgery, you cannot be worried about what people are thinking when they see you carrying a pillow around. They DID NOT spend the grip that you did and you need to PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT!

I do not think that I will be losing any more volume either. I measure myself each week (Yes... because I am obsessed! lol) and the way I measure it is I put the tape across the two middle of the butt grafting sites and that way I know that I am measuring from the same point. Mine STILL says 41 inches (and that's without any hips as you can see.) I truly think that Dr. Jimerson has really perfected his technique. I will post some more pics soon so you can see my wound progress. But I am doing well overall.

I cannot speak more highly of him and his staff. They remain the best and I always look forward to talking to and seeing them.

Hey Ladies.... So I am 6 months out. Feeling good....

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

First, let me say that his office is wonderful. The certifications and associations are good. They are an AAA Ambulatory facility which means that they can provide advanced life support there in the event of an emergency. Not all of these plastic surgery centers have Advanced Life Support staff on hand and this is important. I am an EMT-B and come from a family of nurses. Please make sure that you look into these things. I will say that all of the staff is wonderful. However, I almost did not go through with my surgery because of the way that Aziza, my patient care specialist spoke with me. She is good at what she does but her personality can be a bit much for some people and I have spoken with about 3 other girls who felt the same way. I am glad that Dr. Jimerson made me feel so comfortable with his skill and ability that I refused to let someone who was not operating on me influence my decision and possibly put me in the hands of a doctor that I was not comfortable with. I ended up deciding to consult with other people there and it made all of the difference. Monica, Michelle, Geita heck… EVERYONE else there is 100% for you and cares about you. Dr. Jimerson was the chief of plastic surgery at Emory Johns Creek and that speaks volumes about his ability. While he does not practice there often since he is busy in his own practice, he IS still on staff at the hospital which really means a lot to me. I prepared for my surgery by doing what they outlined. They are very clear on it. I would suggest taking Bromelain (Pineapple Extract and Arnica) in advance because it really speeds your healing. I swear by it.