AWESOME Experience - Atlanta, GA

I had Coolsculpting done to my belly (ABS area) 2...

I had Coolsculpting done to my belly (ABS area) 2 days ago. I am a mid sized male, weight 174 lbs, work out 3 times weekly or more, but was unable to get rid of that belly fat thanks to family genetics. I've had liposuction to my neck, but just wasnt ready to do it to the ol belly. I scheduled an appt with the doctor and went the next day.

I arrived to the facility and they interviewed me, asked me what I wanted fixed and fit me with a handpiece. The PA suggested a smaller one but I wanted the BIG one (more bang for the buck) and it was settled.

He applied the gel barrier to my abdomen, was pretty cold. Then he hooked the handpiece up to my belly, and MAN did that suck up all that fat. He was surprised to see how much of the area it actually sucked up in there. Then after 5 minutes my belly became extremely COLD, then it started to burn. I think with very extreme cases of temperature your body is not able to distinguish heat from cold, but I was very uncomfotable. Then after 15 minutes everything went numb and I was fine.

An hour later the nurse came in and unhooked the machine and it looked like this big piece of lard under my skin where my belly fat was. Pretty cool, huh? she then massaged it all flat and I left the facility. I know its only been a few days, but I do think my belly is already shrinking, if that is possible?

Im just a tad bit sore on the belly, not having sharp shooting pains or cramps like I read about on here. Its kinda like a numb feeling. I will keep everyone posted on the progress! :))

Cool thanks for posting! Please keep us all updated, I am a man who is looking into having this done myself so I really look forward to your updates!

I'm now 6 days out from abdominal. Coolsculpting. ...

I'm now 6 days out from abdominal. Coolsculpting. I can tell a slight difference in a decrease in belly fat. But now that the numbness is resolving it's becoming just a TAD bit sore!!! Still it is bearable but hope it doesn't get much worse when all of the numbness resolves. Will keep u updated.
If this is for real...what happened to all the fat that you sucked out? With liposuction you would have liter canisters filled with fat. What happened to yours? And, it sounds like you did this procedure to yourself with a "handpiece". Sorry, your post sounds suspicious to me. But, I'm happy for you.

ABOUT 8 day post procedure now.... still some...

ABOUT 8 day post procedure now.... still some numbness to the abdomen, but this is resolving. yesterday I had some intermittent hot poker- bee sting type twinges in the gut but wasnt anything that needed pain medication, was just a little alarming. Im still able to do ab-work and situps with my workouts without difficulty. I really do feel like im getting a good result, but that wont be really evident for another few months. ugh.

Thanks for posting your experience so far, jgm2009. I've been looking into this myself, so curious to see how your results turn out!

Dude research the procedure before you start posting comments. The procedure is called coolsculpting by zeltiq. I refuse to entertain such ignorance. Have a happy thanksgiving.

Hi NHaven -- It's a real procedure. The fat is frozen, which kills the cells. They're then expelled from the body over the span of a few months. No lipo involved. :)

I am now 8 days post procedure of abdominal...

I am now 8 days post procedure of abdominal coolsculpting of the abdominal area using the large handpiece. I keep reading about how there is NO recovery period for patients after coolsculpting, but this has been anything BUT painless. I had neck and chin liposuction with localized injections and infiltration of lidocaine and saline with traditional liposuction. NO pain, but Im still having these hot poker-bee sting like pains intermittently over the abdomen and flanks. I am relived to see this is harmless and will resolve in another week or so. I am still able to work just fine and carry on with activities but wouldve liked to have known that the post procedure pain was a possibility.
Pain is resolving thank god! Wasn't too bad but sore as heck. My abs are looking great!!!!!!! I'm happy thus far!
Thanks for posting, I am in a similar position, and am very curious how this turns out. Do you have a before and after pic? They say you can see a 10 percent reduction within a month or two... are you seeing that?

Updating on status of abdominal coolsculpting.....

updating on status of abdominal coolsculpting...
no more pain at all still, thank god! still have a little numbness around the navel area, but no biggie. I am actually starting to see a reduction in my belly :) i am doing a little more cardio and cutting back on bread as well, will update in a month or so with pics.
I had the procedure done today and like many I too was concerned about anything painful ( I am a sucker when it comes to pain). The cold pad definitely alerted me prior to the suction device and boy did it grab a chunk of my belly! It was a little painful at first until the freezing and numbness kicked in and then it was downhill from there while counting down the time.

I will admit it wasn't a pretty sight when the suction was remove to see the lard-like looking skin but the doctor rubbed the skin until it was even with the rest of my belly. I am still a little sore but I am excited to see the results. Like the others I see her. I will be taking pics to track my progress and I was I could lose anywhere from 25-30% body fat in my mid section!
Cool thanks for chiming in! Cant wait to see your results! I go in for my treatment on March 6th
I am coming up to my 30 days and i can feel the difference in the my tummy and in the mirror where i can tell my tummy fat seems to be slowly disappearing. I will take some pics and post to track and see the change.

I have had 2 coolsculpting treatments thus far,...

I have had 2 coolsculpting treatments thus far, and am somewhat pleased with the results.... but i have already spent 200 dollars!!! for 100 more i coulda had liposuction of my ab, flanks, and lower back, which i am scheduling next week..... zeltiq is a fine option if u want mediocre results, but i shoulda gotten LIPO and saved 2000!!!
Trust me. It will pass. I think mine lasted a week or so. Then you'll see the area slim down a bunch.
Is it the cost that prompts people to do this over liposuction?
cost combined with convenience

The faciliy was clean, everyone was professional, and I waited like 10 minutes to get back to the treatment room.