AWESOME Experience - Atlanta, GA

I had Coolsculpting done to my belly (ABS area) 2...

I had Coolsculpting done to my belly (ABS area) 2 days ago. I am a mid sized male, weight 174 lbs, work out 3 times weekly or more, but was unable to get rid of that belly fat thanks to family genetics. I've had liposuction to my neck, but just wasnt ready to do it to the ol belly. I scheduled an appt with the doctor and went the next day.

I arrived to the facility and they interviewed me, asked me what I wanted fixed and fit me with a handpiece. The PA suggested a smaller one but I wanted the BIG one (more bang for the buck) and it was settled.

He applied the gel barrier to my abdomen, was pretty cold. Then he hooked the handpiece up to my belly, and MAN did that suck up all that fat. He was surprised to see how much of the area it actually sucked up in there. Then after 5 minutes my belly became extremely COLD, then it started to burn. I think with very extreme cases of temperature your body is not able to distinguish heat from cold, but I was very uncomfotable. Then after 15 minutes everything went numb and I was fine.

An hour later the nurse came in and unhooked the machine and it looked like this big piece of lard under my skin where my belly fat was. Pretty cool, huh? she then massaged it all flat and I left the facility. I know its only been a few days, but I do think my belly is already shrinking, if that is possible?

Im just a tad bit sore on the belly, not having sharp shooting pains or cramps like I read about on here. Its kinda like a numb feeling. I will keep everyone posted on the progress! :))

I'm now 6 days out from abdominal. Coolsculpting. ...

I'm now 6 days out from abdominal. Coolsculpting. I can tell a slight difference in a decrease in belly fat. But now that the numbness is resolving it's becoming just a TAD bit sore!!! Still it is bearable but hope it doesn't get much worse when all of the numbness resolves. Will keep u updated.

ABOUT 8 day post procedure now.... still some...

ABOUT 8 day post procedure now.... still some numbness to the abdomen, but this is resolving. yesterday I had some intermittent hot poker- bee sting type twinges in the gut but wasnt anything that needed pain medication, was just a little alarming. Im still able to do ab-work and situps with my workouts without difficulty. I really do feel like im getting a good result, but that wont be really evident for another few months. ugh.

I am now 8 days post procedure of abdominal...

I am now 8 days post procedure of abdominal coolsculpting of the abdominal area using the large handpiece. I keep reading about how there is NO recovery period for patients after coolsculpting, but this has been anything BUT painless. I had neck and chin liposuction with localized injections and infiltration of lidocaine and saline with traditional liposuction. NO pain, but Im still having these hot poker-bee sting like pains intermittently over the abdomen and flanks. I am relived to see this is harmless and will resolve in another week or so. I am still able to work just fine and carry on with activities but wouldve liked to have known that the post procedure pain was a possibility.

Updating on status of abdominal coolsculpting.....

updating on status of abdominal coolsculpting...
no more pain at all still, thank god! still have a little numbness around the navel area, but no biggie. I am actually starting to see a reduction in my belly :) i am doing a little more cardio and cutting back on bread as well, will update in a month or so with pics.

I have had 2 coolsculpting treatments thus far,...

I have had 2 coolsculpting treatments thus far, and am somewhat pleased with the results.... but i have already spent 200 dollars!!! for 100 more i coulda had liposuction of my ab, flanks, and lower back, which i am scheduling next week..... zeltiq is a fine option if u want mediocre results, but i shoulda gotten LIPO and saved 2000!!!

The faciliy was clean, everyone was professional, and I waited like 10 minutes to get back to the treatment room.

Trust me. It will pass. I think mine lasted a week or so. Then you'll see the area slim down a bunch.
Is it the cost that prompts people to do this over liposuction?
cost combined with convenience
I had my lower abs done last Wednesday. The procedure itself was fine. Completely tolerable, just felt like an intense tightening. I was told it would be very rare to have the extreme painful side effects. The first couple of days I was fine. Went to work (dog groomer..lots of heavy lifting!) And then day 4 hit and I had the most excrutiating electrical shocks in my lower abdomen. Holy crap!! I thought everyone who was saying it was painful after were a bunch of wimps but NOPE! Very very painful, and I'm a tough chick! lol I got prescribed Neurontin today which is supposed to block the nerves. Hasn't kicked in yet :( I really hope this goes away soon and I really can't wait for the swelling to subside and to see results! And NHaven-These are permanent results. Once the fat is frozen and the cells die, they do NOT come back. They simply emulsify through your lymphatic system. This procedure is for anyone who is within 10 pounds in their ideal body weight, and don't want to go under the knife. However, I could really go without the electric shock therapy!!
Day 6 today and the bottom of my stomach is really itching. I guess that means its working. Still numb. Im going on week two and don't see much on my sides.
Well trust me it takes a little time but u will see a difference. It seems the best result is after maybe four months. It's like the fat diminishing aspect peaked at a month and then 2 months later it started all up again with diminishing the fat.
I'm hoping for these results. I think the lack of downtown is a plus. Since its only been a little over a week, I can't wait for the 3 to 4 week mark to see any changes.
Oh boy- we can see just about everything- not a bad thing to say for sure :). You may be a little hard on yourself as I think at your build level- some exercise if u push yourself- I can easily see your enhance your bod real quick- u r not as bad as u think- oh yea- hot pic- ha! Maybe I should shed some when at my 60 day mark!
Liposuction is for real. The fat is sucked out and tossed! You can weigh the actual amount. You don't need to guess the amount of fat removal or loss. Yes, it is a surgery. I had inner thigh lipo with a local anesthesia (not general) and the discomfort for the next 2 weeks was more than I expected, but to me the cool sculpting sounds much worse. My results were permanent. The skill of the doctor really matters, though. No technician can do liposuction. The main thing is symmetry and, of course, adequate fat removal. But for $2000 you can get something long lasting and time proven. Best wishes to you.
its a hard choice rather to do my third treatment or go for vaser lipo??? ugh! cant decide
Its hard to comment on your post because quite honestly, I think you got a really goos result. If I looked half as good as you do without clothes I would be a happy camper so I honerstly don't see why you want lipo. Just my two cents ... BTW, that last pic you posted of yourself fully nude - WOWZA! :-))) '
I think we all enjoyed that last photo!
Had my abs done four days ago. Experiencing numbness, severe soreness and shooting type electrical pains. I am very surprised at the degree of pain both during and following this procedure. Nothing like this was even mentioned to me when I went for a consult. I am in the early stages of healing and am trying to remain positive. If I achieve a 20 or 25% reduction, I will be thrilled. I,too, thought of liposuction but decided to give this a try first. I am also wearing a SPANX garment which really helps with the numbness and soreness. I am even sleeping in it. I am hoping in three or four weeks all of this will be behind me.
Yea- agree there Marky- thought you were happy there with the results you were getting. I know for me- am trying to step up the work out and discipline myself more on my diet to get the best results I can jmg2009
WOW! "mediocre results" ? That is quite a change in tune from a few weeks ago, however I understand that it takes awhile to really see the final results and if it truly was "worth it". Kinda bumbed though to be honest because I have been watching your posts like a hawk in hopes of getting inspired to do this INSTEAD of lipo, but now it seems like you think lipo is the best alternative. Well as least you are being honest which I am VERY grateful for, the last thing I want to do is spend over $2000 on something that I wont be happy with. So again thank you for your honest review and best of luck on your upcoming liposuction. Please keep us posted on that as well!

Mark
yes markychv, if u are just now starting out u may need more than one procedure..... and u could easily spend that on lipo for what a few treatments would cost
I had the procedure done today and like many I too was concerned about anything painful ( I am a sucker when it comes to pain). The cold pad definitely alerted me prior to the suction device and boy did it grab a chunk of my belly! It was a little painful at first until the freezing and numbness kicked in and then it was downhill from there while counting down the time.

I will admit it wasn't a pretty sight when the suction was remove to see the lard-like looking skin but the doctor rubbed the skin until it was even with the rest of my belly. I am still a little sore but I am excited to see the results. Like the others I see her. I will be taking pics to track my progress and I was I could lose anywhere from 25-30% body fat in my mid section!
Cool thanks for chiming in! Cant wait to see your results! I go in for my treatment on March 6th
I am coming up to my 30 days and i can feel the difference in the my tummy and in the mirror where i can tell my tummy fat seems to be slowly disappearing. I will take some pics and post to track and see the change.
Thank you for the update! I can totally see a difference, looks awesome! Would you recommend anything for the shooting pains for the first couple of weeks?

Mark
Sounds like you had great results, jgm2009! Thank you so much for posting. I have just added CoolSculpting to my practice in North Carolina...and we're very excited about it! I am curious, do you feel like you were properly prepared for the post-treatment experience? What would you have liked to have had handled differently? We want to be sure that our clients feel like they are given all the information they need in advance.

Thanks for your help! ~ Dr. Andy

Alissandro "Andy" Castillo
Owner, Medical Director
M.D. Laser Studio
Mooresville, NC, 28117
the second treatment doesnt hurt near as bad as that first one did post procedure. im about to post pics of my belly (2 months after first treatment and just had another one done last week)
I know that the stomach area is different than the thigh area (which I recently tried) and I've heard the results are quicker and more noticeable. I am impatiently waiting to see a difference. All the manufacturer's info says 20-25% reduction. Do you feel this is an accurate promise based on your experience?
Had my second treatment two days ago on the belly..... hurt like hell, but im so pleased with the first treatment, the 2 weeks of mild pain will be well worth it indeed!
Thanks a lot!