Journey To a New Me

I've always been insecure about my derriere...

I've always been insecure about my derriere for as long as I could remember. So now that I'm older I've decided to stop complaining and do something about it!

I would like advise from anyone who has undergone the procedure or who is thinking about doing the procedure on what additional things to bring when travelling. Also positive words are encouraged! I am thoroughly losing sleep over this as I am soooooo scared of dying! lol (it's awful but i'm freaking out)

So I am pretty sure I'm going to be starting my...

So I am pretty sure I'm going to be starting my period on my surgery date -_- I've been asking the doctor and he says its fine to still operate. But I am still not at ease. Has anyone ever had this surgery while menstruating?
*Sorry I keep asking these uncomfortable q's lol*

2 weeks until I become booty licious. 2 weeks...

2 weeks until I become booty licious. 2 weeks until I won't have to stuff my pants with anything. 2 weeks until i won't have to wear butt pads. 2 weeks until I won't have that awkward moment where I stare at girls with big booties when i'm out with the boo. 2 weeks until I can feel hot in tight fitting dresses. :) I appreciate everyone's help and support during this surgery. And I continue to ask for everyone's prayers! I truly believe in the power of prayer and claiming I will have a successful surgery. Thanks Love. Will post another update when I leave for Miami.

P.s. I really like my butt dimples. Its really...

p.s. I really like my butt dimples. Its really hard to see in my pics but i have them on my lower back. I hope I can keep them after the surgery with the lipo!

I'm in FLO-RIDA! Surgery at 7am tmrw! Please send...

I'm in FLO-RIDA! Surgery at 7am tmrw! Please send ALL Prayers up for me!! Thank you all the support BBL sisters. :)

Hi lovez surgery went well, still very tired bt im...

Hi lovez surgery went well, still very tired bt im doing better, when i woke up the doctor informed me i received 1200cc's/side. Will post pics and a full update when i feel up to it. Thank u for all the prayers i truly appreciate them :)

I hope this review will help as many people as...

I hope this review will help as many people as possible. As others reviews have so great helped me.
*FIRST AND FOREMOST I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY FATHER IN HEAVEN FOR WATCHING OVER ME THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE PROCEDURE AND THANKFUL I’M ALIVE TO SHARE MY STORY. THANKS TO ALL THE GIRLS WHO ALWAYS HELPED ME WITH ANSWERING Q’S AND GIVING GREAT ADVICE @ROSAPR, @HEARTSHAPE, @SLUSHPUPPIE, @AKATUDE, @DANIELLE01, @HIGHSPRINGS @ENJOYSELF & MANY OTHERS. LOVE YOU ALL :)
*I ALSO MET A FEW GIRLS FROM REALSELF AT THE OFFICE, IT WAS PRETTY COOL EXCHANGING USER ID’S AND TALKING ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCES THEY WERE ALL SO NICE AND FRIENDLY! ALL SWEET GIRLS EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE PERSON ON HERE WHO ATTACKED ME FOR ACCIDENTALLY MENTIONING HER NAME ON HER BLOG AFTER I HELPED HER PICK UP HER BELONGINGS FROM THE DOCTORS OFFICE. I HAVE APLOGIZED TO YOU FOR MISTAKENLY MENTIONING YOUR NAME AND SENT YOU PRIVATE MESSAGES DOING SO. SO MY LAST APOLOGY IS THAT I REGRET EVEN WASTING MY KINDNESS ON SOMEONE AS YOURSELF. AND I’LL BE KEEPING IT POSITIVE AS ALWAYS BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT’S WHAT A WEBSITE LIKE THIS SHOULD BE USED FOR {POSITIVITY AND SUPPORT NOT PETTY ARGUMENTS}. SO AGAIN THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOVEZ AND THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE FROM THIS SITE, EVERYONE WHO PRAYED AND SENT ME THEIR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS AND NUMBERS FOR SUPPORT.
*NOW ON TO IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE SURGERY: PLEASE BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU TO FLORIDA. PLEASE. AFTER YOUR SURGERY YES YOU CAN HIRE A NURSE FOR 2 OR 3 DAYS BUT YOU NEED SOMEONE WITH YOU THE ENTIRE TIME TO HELP YOU WITH SO MANY LITTLE THINGS. THE OFFICE JOB IS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SAFE SURGERY AND RECOVERY NOT BABYSIT SO YOU REALLY NEED SOMEONE HELPING YOU UNTIL YOU LEAVE.
*BE PREPARED FOR NOTHING BUT LESS THAN PURE AND UTTER HELL THE FIRST 72HOURS. [SERIOUSLY]. I FEEL LIKE WOMEN ON HERE DON’T TALK ABOUT THIS SO MUCH ON THEIR BLOGS. I MEAN ITS NOT ALL CANDY AND RAINBOWS, LIKE IT’S MAJOR SURGERY, AND LADIES ITS AWFUL SERIOUSLY THE FIRST 3 DAYS, NAUSEA, DIZZINESS, WEAKNESS, BLOOD, TIREDNESS. WITH THAT SAID PRAY, BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU, AND DO IT ANYWAY! GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUH! AND EVERYONE’S BODY IS DIFFERENT AND REACTS TO THE ANESTHESIA DIFFERENTLY. I MYSELF HAD A FEVER FOR 7 DAYS, WAS WEAK, COULD BARELY MOVE, AND WAS IN PAIN. I LATER WAS ADMITTED INTO THE ER FOR SEVERE ANEMIA (WAS ANEMIC PRIOR TO SURGERY) BUT AM DOING MUCH BETTER NOW. ITS MAJOR SURGERY NOT SOME LITTLE THING SO BE PREPARED!!!.
*STOCK UP ON GATORADE AND LIQUIDS, THE DRIVER LARRY WILL ALSO TELL YOU THIS. BUT THEY ALSO WANT YOU TO BE EATING MEATS AND CHICKEN NOT SOUP! SO MAKE SURE YOU’RE AWARE OF THAT WHEN YOU GO GROCERY SHOPPING AND PICK HOTEL LOCATIONS. NOT A LOT OF PLACES DELIVER IN MIAMI BESIDES PIZZA HUT *yuck*! I DON’T KNOW WHY!! IT WAS SOOO FRUSTRATING FOR ME I WOULD HAVE TO MUSTER UP THE STRENGTH TO WALK TO THE BURGER KING NEAR THE HOTEL WHERE I STAYED. EVENTUALLY I FOUND THIS SITE THAT DID DELIVER OUT OF ALL THE SITES AND NUMBERS I CALLED SO GIRLS U CAN USE THIS: http://www.grubhub.com/
*BRING A LAXATIVE THE PRESCRIPTION DR. SALAMA GIVES IS NOT A LAXATIVE! JUST A STOOL SOFTNER SO IT WON’T ACTUALLY MAKE YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM UNLESS YOU USE A LAXATIVE. I PURCHASED AN INTESTINAL CLEANSER FROM A NATURAL FOOD STORE AND I DRANK IT 2 DAYS AFTER SURGERY ONCE AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM ALMOST EVERYDAY AFTER THAT IT WORKED WONDERS.

1 month and i'm finally feeling ALOT like myself...

1 month and i'm finally feeling ALOT like myself again glory to be to him! Well i uploaded my 1 month pic. And i do believe this will be end of me being on here that much. I will try and post another pic over the summer..and I will of course try and respond to any messages when possible but other than that. I'm out. Peace and blessings to all the ladies thinking, getting, and have gotten their procedure!! Special shoutout to *akatude* it is well dear! Take care ladies~~

Sorry i'm never on here. But I did want to put a 6...

Sorry i'm never on here. But I did want to put a 6 month post op to show the fat does last. I would say after 3 months your good to go and will keep what you have. Overall, it wasn't an easy journey but I don't regret my surgery and I'm happy I did it. Best of luck and peace and blessings to all those getting their procedure.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

DR. NUNEZ THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST IS VERY VERY TALENTED AND COMFORTING, I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ANESTHESIA AND ITS AFFECT ON MY STOMACH (I HAVE SEVERE IBS) AND HE SHOWED ME THE LIQUID MEDICATION HE PUTS INTO THE ANESTHESIA TO HELP WITH THAT I WAS SO IMPRESSED AT HOW HE TRIED TO CALL ME DOWN. DR SALAMA IS VERY FRIENDLY, VERY ATTENTIVE, VERY PLEASANT, AND VERY VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES, I LOVED HOW HE TOOK NOTES ON WHAT I WANTED DURING MY CONSULT THAT IMPRESSED ME. LAST TIME I WENT TO HIS OFFICE HE ASKED ME IF I WAS OK AND I SAID I WAS HUNGRY LOL AND HE GAVE ME HIS BAG OF CHEETOS! HANDS DOWN HE’S LEAVING ALL THE SURGEONS IN FLORIDA (AND PROBABLY IN THE US) IN THE DUST. I WOULD SAY ALSO IF YOU WANT HIM TO DO YOUR SURGERY EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE ALL THE $ NOW JUST BOOK A DATE, BECAUSE HE GETS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY PATIENTS FROM THE US AND LITERALLY AROUND THE WORLD FROM AN ECONOMICS POINT OF VIEW HIS PRICES WILL KEEP GOING UP ITS JUST INEVITABLE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH INFLUX OF PATIENTS. SO BOOK YOUR DATE BEFORE IT DOES BECAUSE THIS GUY IS THE NEW MENDIETTA IF NOT BETTER. RUBEN HIS BROTHER IS MY FAVORITE, WE SAT AND GOSSIPED FOR LIKE AN HOUR THE FIRST DAY I MET HIM ABOUT EVERYTHING. THEY REALLY MAKE SURE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY. NOMIE IS GORGEOUS AND FRIENDLY AND WAS ALWAYS POLITE WHENEVER I CALLED HER CELL.

well hello there, nice to hear from you. Hope all is well!
Lana thanks for updating! It is always encouraging to see good longterm results.
Hey Lana, How are you doing?
you look great ... you got 1200 cc's? is that in each cheek or combined? sorry for all the questions lol Im just trying to make my mind up on how much cc's I want.
Hey Rosa my recovery is much better! I think once i got past that first month i'm feeling much like myself. I'm at bella almost every other day for massages i hope i'll run into u sometime! LOL Hope your doing well!
Is see that butty.... Looking good girl. I need to go in there for my follow up soon. Pm and maybe we can meet there ok. Good to hear that you are feeling much better.
hey Lana, I hope all is going well. How is the recovery going?
Hay girl just wanna let you know that your new booty looks great! and it gives me the confidents I need to go through with my surgery July 2. Man I can't wait I can just smell the new wordrobe I'm gonna get to match my new buttt lol
Aww thank you@meelee!! LOL @ smelling the new wardrobe!! Lol i couldn't agree more! All the best on your upcoming procedure in July!
Thanks for all of your great advice Lana234!
You're more than welcome @Newme! All the best on your upcoming procedure!! :)
Oh wow i can't believe its in 2 wks already! No worries girlie!! I'll continue praying for yoU! :)

And don't worry about emailing Ruben lol i sent him the craziest emails about the scary dreams i was having about the surgery (he's probably used to them).

It will BE WELL! :) God's got you!
Hey Lana234-

I was planning to send you a message (I forgot to let you know how things went Monday, but my results were fine...YEA!) when I saw that you updated your status profile. I'll just say two things here and still send you a message: 1) your results look great, no, amazing and 2) stay focused on ALL things positive.

Wishing you, a wonderful and healthy recovery!
@Akatude you already know! it's all about being positive for me nothing else lol. Thanks for all your support and encouragement dear! It's almost March! :)
I know, right?!?! I have two more weeks and three days to go! I've emailed Ruben about four times in the last twenty four hours...I know he's probably wondering what is going on with me. Just nerves, I guess. Oh, well, I hope you are continuing to get better. I'll check in with you later this week to give you an update.

Peace and Blessings for a Healthy Recovery,

-Jennifer
Thanks for all the great tips. I can tell in the pics BIG transformation. You look GREAT!!!
Thank you @ NOla!! I really appreciate that :)
@coco-ebony Thank you!!! :)more pics coming soon
@caremella I will definately try and upload more old pics of the front!! :)
Your results are inspiring, your butt before surgery is very similar to mine now, so it's nice to get an idea of what I may look like after surgery :)...can't wait for more pics and happy healing xx
I have a new account so your messages were not received. Also Larry asked that favor and Salama was going to bring the pillow.

The staff in Salama's office agreed that your publicizing of my name was unacceptable. Most cosmetic surgeons have ZERO tolerance for this.

You took offense to saying my name and me asking it to be removed? There are NAKED photos of me on here and you put my name out there. You should just be sorry and not offended - NOR should you think I am mean. Seriously - think about it. Girls around the world are SNEAKING to get this done, hoping no one in their personal life puts 2 and 2 together. Yet I'm "mean" for making a new account saying "don't say my name"? I am MEAN because I don't want my naked photos and name together online? I am sorry that me not accepting it offended you.
The staff actually contacted Real Self themselves to get your comment removed. It was removed temporarily but back up again for some reason. My frustration was more with them than anything else.

I'm sure they've learned a lesson too. Sorry, but you have to admit that it was not cool. And to blast me in your posts bc I didn't respond? I just logged on again today after getting all that mess straightened out. It took RealSelf 2-3 days to remove my account since they weren't on top of taking the comment down. So after 2-3 days of stressing out over that (because it really did stress me out) I didn't log in until today.
The background to the story.

Larry picked me up from my post-op and I realized Nomie never gave me my pillow. Meaning I never had it. Ever. I mentioned it to my caretaker and Larry overheard, so he called in to ask since he's a helpful guy. Nomie said that Salama would bring it to the operating room bc I only need it after surgery. Larry insisted that YOUR NAME (which I won't say here bc I'm a discrete woman) bring it bc he was about to pick you up.

I didn't ask for your kindness, but thank you anyway. Hand on the bible though, I do regret letting him overhear bc I do not want my name out there AT ALL. You put it directly on my post for Gods sake. That was the ONE thing I was paranoid about, was people knowing I got work done! It took all of 5 seconds for the staff to understand that this was very serious and not PETTY AT ALL. I didn't argue with you at all either. In fact until today, the posts that everyone can see - I NEVER messaged you. So you assumed guilt on your own. I'm not famous, but I am known to people that matter and cosmetic surgery is generally very very private for most. Everyone doesn't have the same approach and or reasons for surgery so please respect it.

Again not trying to be argumentative. I'm just amazed with the lack of thought displayed from some of the members here. No matter what though, no matter how petty you guys try to make me seem, I have made very good points!
@lana234... hey do you have any pics with you in the front before?
Thank you@beautiful10!!! my height and weight before was 5'4 and 160. but i wouldn't worry about the amount off CC's as long as its over 800 andyou go to someone with alot of experience with the procedure you'll look banging!! i've seen some prettyy nice butts on here with 800-900cc's!!
Hello Lana, I hope everything is all well.I wanted 2 no what doctor did ur procedure in fla.