Journey To a New Me

I've always been insecure about my derriere...

I've always been insecure about my derriere for as long as I could remember. So now that I'm older I've decided to stop complaining and do something about it!

I would like advise from anyone who has undergone the procedure or who is thinking about doing the procedure on what additional things to bring when travelling. Also positive words are encouraged! I am thoroughly losing sleep over this as I am soooooo scared of dying! lol (it's awful but i'm freaking out)

Hey Im think about getting mine done also, but im scared. I live in Atlanta as well. Id really like to see how your surgery turns out. I wish you the best,
Don't worry about anything and just be realistic. I didn't want a huge butt that would draw attention I just wanted better shape and that is what he gave me
I'M PRAYING EVERY SECOND!! And won' stop! lol
Yea that is great advice, fortunately i know who is doing the anesthesia he's a very good doc, i've read about him. ANd you're more than right prayer is key! And supportive family or friends.
Oh wow so you've acetually had a few surgeries lol When are you thinking about doing your bbl?

So I am pretty sure I'm going to be starting my...

So I am pretty sure I'm going to be starting my period on my surgery date -_- I've been asking the doctor and he says its fine to still operate. But I am still not at ease. Has anyone ever had this surgery while menstruating?
*Sorry I keep asking these uncomfortable q's lol*
today is day 6 for me, quite good I may say. it was hard first 3 days. to clarify it's not like a pain hurt, more of like a extreme sore & sensitive to touch.
hardest part was like some say being unable to bend over & sit. putting on clothes was hard cuz I felt soo sore. lol as I think about it I just realized I don't own any button up shirts, so maybe there was the problem! I did get up n walk around even if just 5 min every hour. I read somewhere it said help speed up recovery. the laptop & tv have been my best friends. I did feel nausea first 2 days. I was prescribed nausea meds but only 3 pills so I took 1 first day & day 2 cuz after ride home( dr saw me day 2) I was extremely nauseous.
re pain meds I requested norco cuz vicodin makes my stomach turn. only took them 1st 4 days. none required yesterday or today since bearable.
I did have some "drainage" but was told numerous times this was normal for me to expect 1-2 days. as long as it looks like very diluted pink color. basically fluid from lipo.
when I arrived home I will say I was scared cuz my bootay looked so darn big. I was like oh no I wanted a but , not Nicki Minaj butt!! lol. it was also very hard, like a brick...no other way to describe it. but yesterday, day 5 was a slight change. today day 6 better so, but still hard.
as far as being scared and nervous right b4 I will admit I kinda was but anytime I had slight thought of scared, i looked at a pic or two of some nice b4 & after pics. this really helped me refocus my attention to end result. day of I will also say i didnt sleep that night. I was really excited and wanted to just get through it. only when I went in to pay a few days b4 I was feeling like an anxiety attack but more so of a reality check as no turning back for me.
sorry to b whatever but you may b swollen in your vagina. I am not so much, but have read many stories of it being very common.
I didn't have a bowel movement til day 3. the nurse made me get up and pee once I woke up, getting garment on and off felt awful:( so honestly i was dreading having to pee just at thought of garment comin off/on. she did point out they cut out a "pee hole". I just read today someone saying she used a funnel. I was like hell wish I had found this site before my bbl for tips. omg when I finally did go to bathroom I felt like my hand was lost up in there along with baby wipe cuz it was big. day 6 for me and I still feel shocked every time at all that ass.
my hand was sore first 3 days even just to touch, from iv. I am bruised here and there on butt and faintly other spots, but right below my belly button extremely bruised to this day all purple. from what I have read hope all gone end of week 2.
you will b fine, relax!
Thank you Sharronda!! What doctor did you end up picking?! :)
Girl that's fine. My actually came on the night after my procedure.I am in my 1st week of recovery and still a little sore. The first two days was the hardest for me. My hand was still numb from the medication.Now the hardest part is not been able to sit and having to lie on your stomach all the time(try typing). But so far so good. I love my new booty.....

2 weeks until I become booty licious. 2 weeks...

2 weeks until I become booty licious. 2 weeks until I won't have to stuff my pants with anything. 2 weeks until i won't have to wear butt pads. 2 weeks until I won't have that awkward moment where I stare at girls with big booties when i'm out with the boo. 2 weeks until I can feel hot in tight fitting dresses. :) I appreciate everyone's help and support during this surgery. And I continue to ask for everyone's prayers! I truly believe in the power of prayer and claiming I will have a successful surgery. Thanks Love. Will post another update when I leave for Miami.

P.s. I really like my butt dimples. Its really...

p.s. I really like my butt dimples. Its really hard to see in my pics but i have them on my lower back. I hope I can keep them after the surgery with the lipo!
@ Lana123 I used Dr.Hedden in b-ham.
omg I just went into that store yesterday, perfect bodies. I want that garment. they are kind of pricey $118. didn't buy one cuz I wasn't sure if wanted strapless, and most important if open butt or not(going to call dr to see if it matters. I tried 2 styles on. honestly I was like, damn who needs surgery/lipo/bbl when these things r around. really nice. but I will admit at first I was skeptical thinking how is MY body going to fit into something that looks like my kids size clothes.
Good luck hope u r getting excited about your results.
Hey Lucy1 did u hv ur surgery here in the A?...yea i would ask ur doc..and also ask Rosa since she shops there what might be a good one to gt not sure if strapless and such matters.

I'm in FLO-RIDA! Surgery at 7am tmrw! Please send...

I'm in FLO-RIDA! Surgery at 7am tmrw! Please send ALL Prayers up for me!! Thank you all the support BBL sisters. :)
Hope you are doing well
Hey Danielle yes i am! Thanks :)
Hi, hope your surgery went well!

Hi lovez surgery went well, still very tired bt im...

Hi lovez surgery went well, still very tired bt im doing better, when i woke up the doctor informed me i received 1200cc's/side. Will post pics and a full update when i feel up to it. Thank u for all the prayers i truly appreciate them :)
how did it go?! i want to see pictures! i am torn between dr. salama and having to find a local doc in ATL.
@atlababymamma, I am from Atlanta too, but I decided to go somewhere that I know is going to do the job right the first time. I have had plastic surgery done in Atlanta and it didnt come out right. So I am sticking with Salama
LOL pics are coming soon! I would say go to Florida. You shouldn't have to settle for a doc..I honestly had 8 consultations in GA and could not find one doctor i was comfortable and CONFIDENT in soooo... yea.

I hope this review will help as many people as...

I hope this review will help as many people as possible. As others reviews have so great helped me.
*FIRST AND FOREMOST I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY FATHER IN HEAVEN FOR WATCHING OVER ME THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE PROCEDURE AND THANKFUL I’M ALIVE TO SHARE MY STORY. THANKS TO ALL THE GIRLS WHO ALWAYS HELPED ME WITH ANSWERING Q’S AND GIVING GREAT ADVICE @ROSAPR, @HEARTSHAPE, @SLUSHPUPPIE, @AKATUDE, @DANIELLE01, @HIGHSPRINGS @ENJOYSELF & MANY OTHERS. LOVE YOU ALL :)
*I ALSO MET A FEW GIRLS FROM REALSELF AT THE OFFICE, IT WAS PRETTY COOL EXCHANGING USER ID’S AND TALKING ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCES THEY WERE ALL SO NICE AND FRIENDLY! ALL SWEET GIRLS EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE PERSON ON HERE WHO ATTACKED ME FOR ACCIDENTALLY MENTIONING HER NAME ON HER BLOG AFTER I HELPED HER PICK UP HER BELONGINGS FROM THE DOCTORS OFFICE. I HAVE APLOGIZED TO YOU FOR MISTAKENLY MENTIONING YOUR NAME AND SENT YOU PRIVATE MESSAGES DOING SO. SO MY LAST APOLOGY IS THAT I REGRET EVEN WASTING MY KINDNESS ON SOMEONE AS YOURSELF. AND I’LL BE KEEPING IT POSITIVE AS ALWAYS BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT’S WHAT A WEBSITE LIKE THIS SHOULD BE USED FOR {POSITIVITY AND SUPPORT NOT PETTY ARGUMENTS}. SO AGAIN THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOVEZ AND THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE FROM THIS SITE, EVERYONE WHO PRAYED AND SENT ME THEIR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS AND NUMBERS FOR SUPPORT.
*NOW ON TO IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE SURGERY: PLEASE BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU TO FLORIDA. PLEASE. AFTER YOUR SURGERY YES YOU CAN HIRE A NURSE FOR 2 OR 3 DAYS BUT YOU NEED SOMEONE WITH YOU THE ENTIRE TIME TO HELP YOU WITH SO MANY LITTLE THINGS. THE OFFICE JOB IS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SAFE SURGERY AND RECOVERY NOT BABYSIT SO YOU REALLY NEED SOMEONE HELPING YOU UNTIL YOU LEAVE.
*BE PREPARED FOR NOTHING BUT LESS THAN PURE AND UTTER HELL THE FIRST 72HOURS. [SERIOUSLY]. I FEEL LIKE WOMEN ON HERE DON’T TALK ABOUT THIS SO MUCH ON THEIR BLOGS. I MEAN ITS NOT ALL CANDY AND RAINBOWS, LIKE IT’S MAJOR SURGERY, AND LADIES ITS AWFUL SERIOUSLY THE FIRST 3 DAYS, NAUSEA, DIZZINESS, WEAKNESS, BLOOD, TIREDNESS. WITH THAT SAID PRAY, BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU, AND DO IT ANYWAY! GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUH! AND EVERYONE’S BODY IS DIFFERENT AND REACTS TO THE ANESTHESIA DIFFERENTLY. I MYSELF HAD A FEVER FOR 7 DAYS, WAS WEAK, COULD BARELY MOVE, AND WAS IN PAIN. I LATER WAS ADMITTED INTO THE ER FOR SEVERE ANEMIA (WAS ANEMIC PRIOR TO SURGERY) BUT AM DOING MUCH BETTER NOW. ITS MAJOR SURGERY NOT SOME LITTLE THING SO BE PREPARED!!!.
*STOCK UP ON GATORADE AND LIQUIDS, THE DRIVER LARRY WILL ALSO TELL YOU THIS. BUT THEY ALSO WANT YOU TO BE EATING MEATS AND CHICKEN NOT SOUP! SO MAKE SURE YOU’RE AWARE OF THAT WHEN YOU GO GROCERY SHOPPING AND PICK HOTEL LOCATIONS. NOT A LOT OF PLACES DELIVER IN MIAMI BESIDES PIZZA HUT *yuck*! I DON’T KNOW WHY!! IT WAS SOOO FRUSTRATING FOR ME I WOULD HAVE TO MUSTER UP THE STRENGTH TO WALK TO THE BURGER KING NEAR THE HOTEL WHERE I STAYED. EVENTUALLY I FOUND THIS SITE THAT DID DELIVER OUT OF ALL THE SITES AND NUMBERS I CALLED SO GIRLS U CAN USE THIS: http://www.grubhub.com/
*BRING A LAXATIVE THE PRESCRIPTION DR. SALAMA GIVES IS NOT A LAXATIVE! JUST A STOOL SOFTNER SO IT WON’T ACTUALLY MAKE YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM UNLESS YOU USE A LAXATIVE. I PURCHASED AN INTESTINAL CLEANSER FROM A NATURAL FOOD STORE AND I DRANK IT 2 DAYS AFTER SURGERY ONCE AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM ALMOST EVERYDAY AFTER THAT IT WORKED WONDERS.
Oh wow i can't believe its in 2 wks already! No worries girlie!! I'll continue praying for yoU! :)

And don't worry about emailing Ruben lol i sent him the craziest emails about the scary dreams i was having about the surgery (he's probably used to them).

It will BE WELL! :) God's got you!
Hey Lana234-

I was planning to send you a message (I forgot to let you know how things went Monday, but my results were fine...YEA!) when I saw that you updated your status profile. I'll just say two things here and still send you a message: 1) your results look great, no, amazing and 2) stay focused on ALL things positive.

Wishing you, a wonderful and healthy recovery!
@Akatude you already know! it's all about being positive for me nothing else lol. Thanks for all your support and encouragement dear! It's almost March! :)

1 month and i'm finally feeling ALOT like myself...

1 month and i'm finally feeling ALOT like myself again glory to be to him! Well i uploaded my 1 month pic. And i do believe this will be end of me being on here that much. I will try and post another pic over the summer..and I will of course try and respond to any messages when possible but other than that. I'm out. Peace and blessings to all the ladies thinking, getting, and have gotten their procedure!! Special shoutout to *akatude* it is well dear! Take care ladies~~
Hey Lana, How are you doing?
you look great ... you got 1200 cc's? is that in each cheek or combined? sorry for all the questions lol Im just trying to make my mind up on how much cc's I want.
Hey Rosa my recovery is much better! I think once i got past that first month i'm feeling much like myself. I'm at bella almost every other day for massages i hope i'll run into u sometime! LOL Hope your doing well!

Sorry i'm never on here. But I did want to put a 6...

Sorry i'm never on here. But I did want to put a 6 month post op to show the fat does last. I would say after 3 months your good to go and will keep what you have. Overall, it wasn't an easy journey but I don't regret my surgery and I'm happy I did it. Best of luck and peace and blessings to all those getting their procedure.
I have been thinking about the bbl an has paid my deposit . You have been so positive about this an has kept prayer . I too believe in prayer .im looking to have this done march of 2015. Thanks for your messages.
well hello there, nice to hear from you. Hope all is well!
Lana thanks for updating! It is always encouraging to see good longterm results.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

DR. NUNEZ THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST IS VERY VERY TALENTED AND COMFORTING, I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ANESTHESIA AND ITS AFFECT ON MY STOMACH (I HAVE SEVERE IBS) AND HE SHOWED ME THE LIQUID MEDICATION HE PUTS INTO THE ANESTHESIA TO HELP WITH THAT I WAS SO IMPRESSED AT HOW HE TRIED TO CALL ME DOWN. DR SALAMA IS VERY FRIENDLY, VERY ATTENTIVE, VERY PLEASANT, AND VERY VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES, I LOVED HOW HE TOOK NOTES ON WHAT I WANTED DURING MY CONSULT THAT IMPRESSED ME. LAST TIME I WENT TO HIS OFFICE HE ASKED ME IF I WAS OK AND I SAID I WAS HUNGRY LOL AND HE GAVE ME HIS BAG OF CHEETOS! HANDS DOWN HE’S LEAVING ALL THE SURGEONS IN FLORIDA (AND PROBABLY IN THE US) IN THE DUST. I WOULD SAY ALSO IF YOU WANT HIM TO DO YOUR SURGERY EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE ALL THE $ NOW JUST BOOK A DATE, BECAUSE HE GETS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY PATIENTS FROM THE US AND LITERALLY AROUND THE WORLD FROM AN ECONOMICS POINT OF VIEW HIS PRICES WILL KEEP GOING UP ITS JUST INEVITABLE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH INFLUX OF PATIENTS. SO BOOK YOUR DATE BEFORE IT DOES BECAUSE THIS GUY IS THE NEW MENDIETTA IF NOT BETTER. RUBEN HIS BROTHER IS MY FAVORITE, WE SAT AND GOSSIPED FOR LIKE AN HOUR THE FIRST DAY I MET HIM ABOUT EVERYTHING. THEY REALLY MAKE SURE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY. NOMIE IS GORGEOUS AND FRIENDLY AND WAS ALWAYS POLITE WHENEVER I CALLED HER CELL.