I'm 40, I have given birth to 5 kids, I've had...

I'm 40, I have given birth to 5 kids, I've had large breast since forever, In high school I was 120lbs with D's... I'm only 5ft 4inches. I'm over weight now, like 165, I hate the scale. It does not matter though I have lost weight (recently) and my breast size doesn't budge :(
I'm about a 36 FF or EE, just to darn big and heavy! So I decided I wanted a lift, during my annual pap I mention to my gynecologist that I hate my boobs and want a lift, she casually and flippantly states " Their pretty big, have you considered a reduction?" Ding, ding, ding, ding ,ding! It's like a light came on and here I am, scheduled for 8/22/13 I'm very excited and scared and all that stuff all at once. My insurance is going to cover a portion ( Not Enough!) but every bit counts, my husband is NOT excited about this at all, but he's paying for and is supporting my needs completely. So I NEED the BR but he's throwing in the TT!!!! He's a keeper right?! I'm choosing to space them by a few weeks, it's what my Dr. prefers and the only way my husband agrees to my doing it. I shall choose to not battle! I'm grateful for this website and will post pictures soon.

Pictures before

Here are a few photos to get an idea of what I look like.

Pictures

Hope all the pictures upload this time.

Pictures again...

Here goes

Good luck! You're so lucky to be going in so soon! :) Keep us posted!
Thanks Tam! I'm trying to learn all I can so I go in confident, I want to get as healthy as possible too, seems to be the common denominator in the better recovery stories. I'm excited.
Hi, Ladies thank you for the well wishes. I'm sorry I'm just getting to your comments I usually check my phone and I had no idea I had comments, I'm on the PC at home for once.

OMG! 20 Days! (or so)

Hi Realfriends!
Just a quick update, Went out with hubby and there was a lot of picture opps, wow what a wall of huge saggy tits! I'm sooo glad I won't have to try so hard to hide them so much anymore, soon, oh so soon. Sigh will post a picture of "Wall of Boob" , Please ladies what do I truly need ro shop for? I want everything now, I hate last minute stress! Thank you all!

Boob, Boobs, Boobs!

All I see is boobs, ugh, shaking my head, I'm glad y'all understand, I'm sure others when they see this picture see something else. I mean even when I look at the whole unedited picture it's just tits, I'm so over them!

Nooooooo, I don't know what to shop for really?! Ugh! I have a couple of sports bras, stool softeners, Arnica tabs! That's it! I'm gonna be so stressed!
We are getting close! Have you started shopping yet? I'm almost finished I think.
Thanks Sexy, I cant wait!

So Focused On BR, I Forgot Lipo!

Seriously gals, Iv'e been so obsessed with getting my reduction that I kinda forgot about the lipo I will be getting on my upper abs, flanks and I think bra/back fat. So now I'm worried about having some tight garment on top of everything else:( I only see seen a few reviews where ladies did both at the same time, if you know of a review I could read please pass along the info. Thank you all in advance. I'm still excited though :) Very actually, Happy Healing!

I had liposuction around my breasts, under my arms and around where my bra straps will go. Even though I am sore and inflamed, I can already see a difference. I had 500grams of fat removed from lipo alone. The lipo'd areas are the most tender, but nothing excruciating.

Pre - Op Tomorrow

Yup, it's here! I can't wait, my appt. is late morning so I have time to take any suggestions about questions I should ask, I have a few written down but would love the inside knowledge of the gals who have gone before me, ( and those who haven't gone yet but are pretty smart) , Thank you ladies will post pictures soon!

Pre-Op Today

Well the pre-op went great, I get it now, I'm emotionally spent. It's nothing the staff said they were wonderful, patient, kind, answered every question. The hospital staff where I got the labs drawn, very professional. So why am I so upset, just feel like crying. I'm happy about this, I want this,and need this Oh well, just being a girl I guess. One thing I'm extra excited about, I don't have to go home with drains! Best news right ?! I'm so grateful for this site, just knowing you all understand, s safe place to vent, thanks girls :) I'm adding more pictures, I can't wait to post after pictures wearing these same items! Blessings ladies!

More Before Pictures

So glad your pre-op went really well. I prepared for my op by eating a super healthy diet. I also got a really nice gentle body wash and some lovely soft washers for my post-op showers. I also got a nice body lotion - something I don't always get time to apply a busy working mum. Also, if you have time, it's worth putting some pre prepared meals into the freezer. My hubby cooks but he doesn't always get home early enough to satisfy a bunch of hungry kids. All the best with your prep :)
Awe thx Tam! Amazing what our emotions will do! OMG, Glittergal has started a movement! She so awesomely, generously, has GIVEN me her gently used surgical bras! How great is that! Thanks Ms Glitter!!!
Hey!!!!!!! Don't be sad!!! Everything's going to go great! I am so happy to be following along with you on this journey :)))

Mini Surgery Center

I thought I would share a little OCD with my gals who are control freaks. So I bought this plastic organizer, it's for all things related to surgery, one drawer for meds, one for gauze and tape, things like that. I figured having every thing in one place helps me, and those taking care of me ;) It also has wheels so easy to move!

Thank you ladies! Thanks for the compliment Jersey! I appreciate all the prayers, I'm pretty nervous about going under, and staying that way... I covet your prayers, thank you Realfriends!
Good luck! You've got a fantastic figure and it's really going to show after the reduction. I'm so excited for you and can't wait up see the results!
Good luck! You're in my prayers! FYI I posted some updated pics!

I'm On The Other Side! !!!!

Wow, I just can't believe it, I'm on the other side. Everything went smoothly, the last thing I remember was getting on to the operating table, and the next thing was waking up, groggy as heck to my husband messing on his IPad! I took that as a good sign. I was in a pretty good amount of pain but once medicated I was okay. I haven't been 100% pain fre yet, but tolerable. It's a strange pain, very sore with upper chest tenderness. I was done about 5:30 in the evening, so by 4am I just wanted sleep, they drugged me good and I slept like a baby.
So going pee was no easy business, I couldn't really tell my bladder was full, it's more like I just knew I had to go, then I had to push hard to get it out, very od was expecting that. I also opted to do the " swimsuit side sweep" I have this girdle on and since I had the I.V. and can't use my arms well it was the best way to pee.
So PS came this morning and removed the drains, changed my dressings, he said using maxi pads as dressings is good because they don't leak through, funny huh. He said I can shower already! Just be gentle with the girls. I have sensation in both nipples already, yay! I really wanted to be a D , don't know if that's what they will end up, he took 709 grams from the right side (1.54 lbs) and 808 grams from the left side (1.70 lbs), but have already talked to myself about this, I can always wear a paddded bra if and when I need it, then to try hiding them!
I want to thank all you sweet gals for your prayers, and all the advice, I felt so prepared.

1st Post -Op Picture

Say hello to my new twins!

Thanks ladies, at this point I just feel achey, sleepy, just crappy all around. Ugh!
Congrats Ava! Your twins look lovely . And it only gets better.
Congrats!! I'm so happy your on the other side & doing well :) I'm about 5 days out & still haven't been 100% pain-free yet, so i am right there with ya ;) it's just gonna take awhile.. No need to rush getting back to normal, we'll get there soon enough! Your twins are lookin great, I didn't get to see mine till 2 days later, and honestly I almost didn't want to.. I was so scared what they might look like Lol, but I'm glad I did..I'm still in shock at the difference, I can hardly wait to go play dress up. I'm already in awe they fit into a sports bra without popping out, they actually look cute! Well I'm so excited for you.. take it very easy, & when things seem hard, or seriously uncomfortable & taking too long to heal, know you're not alone & this too shall pass :) ~Happy Healing girl~

To Grease Or Not To Grease?

Okay so when I left the hospital I was so relieved that my post op instructions were so simple. Maybe to simple, I've been cleared to shower, and was told to just keep the incisions dry and change the dressing daily. Well I don't want to be a bad patient but I'm of the mind of putting on a little antibacterial ointment, especially the areas that seem a little open. What should I do ladies, I want the best outcome possible. Right now the incisions feel tight, almost like there is pressure on them. I also have had that "let down" sensation like one gets when breast feeding, and whoever said that they kinda feel like having implants hit the nail on the head! So glad to been expecting most of this, beforehand because of all of awesome sharing you gals have done.

Thanks ladies! Okay Glitter will start with the hair dryer, amazing on preventing fungus between toes, don't know why I didn't think of that! Shunny, Lipo sucks (haha, just a pun) It's okay the whole area is just tender, like I got punched a few times but not horrible, but I haven't worn the real garment I was given because I started my period and it was to MUCH, so I've been in Spanks. Mama, I will look for Frankincense, but decided to stay "dry" on incisions for a couple of wks. Nanny, well who can refuse the advice of someone called Nanny? Love you all and thanks for the compliments :)
Hi Ava. Looking awesome!!! From my experience I was told to keep my incision sites dry . I washed with antibacterial soap and used my hair dryer to dry my incision sites. I never had any real problems. It will take some weeks until your incisions heal and loosen up. Its a process but so worth it .Happy healing :-)
Your boobs look great. I can't wait until my surgery date. How did your lipo turn out? I'm also getting lipo to my back fat and flanks alone with my breast reduction.

I want to love my new boobs...

I really want to be in love with my boobs, I'm kinda not :(
I don't hate them, it's just so dramatic. I think their to small , I know most BR gals like smaller but I really stressed I wanted at least a D when all was done, I think their gonna be C's, and they are boxes, flat boxes, like all the volume is on the sides, weird, I guess I'm just venting, it's early trying to stay positive, but had to release the negative , and at least here it's a safe place to do so. Jeez can't tell the hubby that all that money he just spent was so I can be sad, will make him sad! Hey my back doesn't hurt!

Hey Ava! I've been thinking of you but I'm just now getting to read your post op posts. I think they look fantastic! My ps said I could use antibiotic ointment if I wanted to, or not if I didn't. Basically either way. I put some on once but I'm not all about having grease stained bras since I only have three right now. I did use some scar gel that my dad got from his ps after facial reconstruction (car accident). It's more of a gel and not greasy at all. You're lucky to have nipple sensation. I'm still numb, there may be a hint of feeling in my right but my left is out to lunch. I have had more zingers in the left though. Hang in there, I know what you mean about not being in love with them. I bet you will be as soon as you have to put on a little black dress and don't need a bra ;) as far as telling hubby, I say, fake it till you make it. Take it easy and happy healing!
You will like them more as they settle, I completely understand the like/dislike relationship with the new girls. I too didn't want to go too small, I also made that very clear to my PS. I don't remember ever being a C cup & wanted to be a D, which to me is perfectly small. My dr said she thinks I'm going to be a C when I'm all healed. I don't know, but I do know it really is a blessing to have this place to vent our feelings & concerns.. ❤

5 Days

I'm posting pictures today because I hope to prepare someone else in the future of what to expect, as you can see, I'm a bruiser, so it may be helpful too to those who bruise easily. Picture diaries others have posted has helped me greatly, seeing how the body changes even day to day is amazing. I'm not a fan of the look of the breast at this stage at all, posting these is as uncomfortable as posting those first braless pictures.

Don't be discouraged, you still have a long way to go :) You are going to look amazing, I'm sure!!!
Thank you nubbins, I think it's my emotions getting the best of me, I've never been so debilatated before. I don't know what I would do without my mom here, both moms! I need to buy them something really nice!
They will even out soon. The internal stitches are to blame, plus the swelling. I think the surgeons use different types of dissolvable internal stitches. Some dissolve in a few days, others in 2 weeks or so and others can take 6 months. I really noticed a change between week two and three. I do count my blessings in a way because I was wrapped in an ace bandage for the first 7 days. So a lot of the really early stuff I didn't personally encounter. Give it two weeks to start. I also found that comparing my own pictures has been helpful. I look at the 1 week and compare to later pics. It's nice to see physical change. I don't notice it day by day but seeing it week by week shows a lot of change. Don't be discouraged. As for ointment, double check with your doc. Some say it can cause irritation and possible reactions if the incision is still open, others prefer it's use. If your doc doesn't give a good answer, call another surgeons office and see if someone will talk with you :) sending happy thoughts your way. They will shape up and look great in no time!

1 Week Today,1st Post Op

Okay ladies thanks for hanging in there with me, it was a roller coaster ride of pain, drugs, and semi-irational emotions! I like the boobs! I really do, it's the healing that's the hardest. I had my first post op, and I LOVE my PS, I knew he was great. Hehas assured me that I will have my D size cup when this all done, he explained why he did and was able to take all those grams and achieve my desired results. I'm actually happy ;D , I just need to baby my new girls, Iasked a qquestion and a PS responded, and he said something important that resonated with me, he said it's easy to make nice scars bad, but hard to make bad scars good. Made perfect sense, a light went on, I'm embracing the process. Someone else wise here said we are in reality trading one set of imperfect boobs for another, I love my imperfect self!

Hi AVA, you look great. I am a bruiser as well so this is helpful for me. I am not worried about the surgery so much as I am worried about the healing process.
The health food sells Arnica 30c homeopathic pellets ( to be dissolved under your tongue) I took 5 2x per day plus used Arnica gel on the skin surrounding the incisions, and calendula get on incision site... It's very soothing and very little bruising:)
Thanks Cali I've been using arnica gel on the tops of my boobs, (only place they look good) I waited on the tabs, per PS, started them 4 days ago and I swear it's a significant change for the better. I sooo agree about TT, haha, ya I'm suddenly in no hurry to recover again, like I considered skipping it.. will have to see how the gals on tt reviews are healing!

Issues With Incisions

So I have been watching these incisions, the L t-zone has had a spot from day one. ( why you should have a picture diary) that spot has "spread" changed and looks bad.I have feeling, at it so not super worried. My vertical incisions have a little going on too. I did start Arnica orally about 4 days ago it's helped reduce swelling (Which stresses incisions) I've been using arnica gel on the boobs, where there is no open skin, soothes minor pain/ache nicely and that part of breasts look good. I'm posting pictures that show the progression of this spot, also a couple of me in a t-shirt, fav thing to wear! You can see the pads underneath, lol, I had a scarf while out to hide them. So I see my PS tomorrow, it's 2 wk check up time! Let's see what they say. Healthy Healing girls!
BTW, I value any input from y'all who have had this issue, thx.

Mamakas6, thanks girl started Arnica 30 , What a difference, was to chicken to start earlier! Should have though, Oh well, 34h,pain is truly tolerable, watch out for that morphine! I asked for half dose.

T-Shirt Picture

Here's a couple of pictures of the new girls in clothes.
Side Note: If you have never had surgery before, I suggest you look up odd side affects, not to scare you but to prepare you in case you get one, you won't freak out, ie, perm/color hair before surgery, never shortly after. Hair can be dryer after, I broke out, but I suspect it's lack of great skin care, or antibiotics, also if you're prone to yeast infection after/during antibiotic use, get a script before surgery, fill it! Thx gals

Glittergal, thanks for checking on me girly! What a process, whew! It's so nice to have so many bras for different needs through out the day, plus I (I mean mom) don't have to wash consantly. I'm starting to love my new girls, just don't like being limited. This to shall pass ;)
Looking great AVA! B
Sorry about the B it was an oops:-)

Damn it

Stupid t shirt pictures won't load!

Ok, I had spots that look exactly like yours, (see my pictures) I got some Curad silver cream and have used it on those spots. Mine never got bigger, and are healing very well. I will take some pictures tomorrow, I am four weeks out. Please get some of this, and use it. I think it will help you very much. Test it on a scrape or something, but I had no problems with it and it helped so much. It is used for burns, and I figured that was pretty close to what Ischemic wounds are like.
Looks like your healing well and boobs look great! Will be back to check in.
Its a slow process for sure . That's the hard part. It is nice not having to wash bras everyday . So glad you're doing good. And as time goes by your new girls will look better and better. Blessings dear .

Healing Is Frustrating

It's all coming along I guess, I have those spots that are healing slowly. I hope the pictures will load this time. I'm doing good, some days my breast just hurt, like tight, achey, tender, raw feeling like I wore a sand paper shirt, other than that, just peachy.

Owwwy!! How are you feeling?? You poor thing! Try to get a hold of some Young Living Frankincense Oil. It is amazing with any skin issues. Hope you are feeling better soon!
I'm feeling exactly the same way, plus itchy at day 19. Gets worse as the day goes on. Can't wait until the swelling goes down!
Ugh, the swelling! Do you have it on the sides too? I'm not comfortable in any bra right now either, a snug tank body shaper is all, then I don't feel enough support, oh can't win, but I honestly would do it again!

3 Wks!

I got my stitches out, just little "knots" that were holding me all together, whew! I'm soooo glad I didn't come apart, right there on the table! I'm feeling better every day, I can do more each day. I still can't hold my toddlers :( My sweet mom had to finally get back to her real life so I'm on my own, sigh, I will embrace a dirty house and food from a box!

Hi Ava, Congratulations on the breast surgery! How are you feeling now? Are you in pain? You mentioned TT and liposuction to several areas. Did you have those surgeries as well, or are you having them in another operation?
Well I'm still tender, no real pain. I had a little upper ab lipo, didn't want smaller breast and a protruding belly. I'm dreaming of my TT, want to save for it, plus looks like I will need help for a couple of wks again, so it's going to require planning. I'm soooo glad I did this part though! Good luck on your journey!
Your shape is great! It looks like the healing is really coming along! :)

Remember This Bra?

I had all these quality bras that were way to small, a lot of times I used them under a sports bra to work out, but that's it, could NEVER wear otherwise. So one such bra was my Bali 38 DD, Well it's to big! It seemed so small before I really thought I would be able to wear after. Not happening! I'm D cup, I'm slightly mystified. So I went and bought all new bras! Yay! PS said I can wear any type of bra, including under wire as long as it's not bothering my scars, which are still healing, not as nicely as I had hoped, but it's okay, just so slow.
Small Victories: I was soooo pleasantly surprised to see my WHOLE lap while sitting! Everyone who sees me thinks I lost weight and comments that I look great :) I love that. It's funny how men make so much more eye contact. I love t-shirts, so happy I look good in them, better than before!

Time heals all wounds ava. You look fab
You look amazing! I just had my surgery on Sept 4. I had similar emotions in that I thought my boobs were so small but I guess it takes time to get use to. I went from a 34H to a 34 D. I currently weigh 174lbs and am 5'7. My doctor used some type of glue or sealent to help keep infection out.
Thanks, that sounds like a nice size for you, I bet it looks great! Congrats, healthy healing!

WK 4 Today!!!

I have to say I thought my incisions would look so much better by now, they look worse. I'm sad. I'm still pretty easily tired too. I started massaging the breast and it's helping to soften them. The odd thing is when they start to move they feel like spots of jello in the area of movement! It waa the weirdest feeling, I liked the boobs stiff all Barbie style. I'm getting used to having them move, they are still tender and I need some Aleeve once in a while after a tough day, and mild swelling too. I don't know what to think about the incisions, they seem worse, doing to much now that I don't have help? I'm posting pictures, I think I'm starting to get a reaction to ointment, if you look closely you can see a mild rash at the incision line under left breast with large wound..... Boobs are a little red took these shots right after massage. Does anyone else still hold their boobs to shake things, like ketchup? I'm still glad I did this, it's so much better than what I had! I can't wait to be a 100% I miss really playing with my toddlers! I guess I miss hugging the hubby close too, happy, healthy healing ladies!

AVA i owe you an apology. ive been dealing with some stuff lately and i didnt even check in to see how you are doing, nor did i know about these scar problems. I am so sorry, i said i would be here for you and i wasn't. Im a terrible friend :( I hope you can forgive me and i hope and pray that everything goes well for you and these openings heal up. big hugs! Sarah.xx
Sarah, you're so sweet, no apology needed, really. Thanks for checking, I'm glad they are not worse, it's just bothersome, and of course I worry some, I'm sure it will be fine in the end.I would do it again to be free of those giant sag bags is wonderful!
Sorry to see these problems popping up for you :( I've seen lots out here, makes me sad. You go through so much to get this done and you have to suffer longer than you should and wait longer than you should to get to the end result In the meantime, the new SIZE of your girls is lovely!!!!! Perfect for you. Hang in there....

6 Wks

So I'm still busy healing, the wounds are slowly closing. I believe that these openings are also causing the breast swelling I have every day. I can't find a comfortable bra :( I love soft light support sports bras at night, I even like more supportive sports bras if I'm home, but the perfect bra for out and about still alludes me. I'm sure it's because of the open areas, especially the one at the bottom. So everything else is going well, I'm doing more each day and I'm a little less tired. (Thank God) I love the new girls, I really do, sooooo much better than I had before! I would do this again complications and all. I can't wait to see my final result!

Ava07 I'm so sorry to see your wounds healing slower then you'd like. Besides the wounds your breast look great. Your cleavage looks much better then mine. Before surgery, I told my PS "Make them as small as possible!" He said if I make them too small, you wont like them cause your used to have very large breast." I remember thinking, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I like small breast on other women. I think small breast look good on other women. I'm sick of having big breast. I want small breast, I know what I want. Then right after we got home, and I looked at my new breast, they were a lot smaller. I said "make me as small as possible" and he did. And now I'm so small, I don't even have any cleavage. How can I complain when he gave me just what I asked for? It took a few days to get used to my much smaller breast. I'm ok with them now, I think I was just in shock with my new size right after surgery. Turn's out he was right, but maybe after time passes I will be right to, and I will learn to love my new size. Push up bra's and padded bra's can make us bigger, but without the BR surgery bra's can't make us smaller. And I like having options. Do I want date night boobs or do I want church boobs? Before it was date night all the time, and now I like having the option of being more modest breasted. Ava you seem like a very sweet person and I hope your wounds heal quickly, so you can get to enjoy your beautiful new body :)
Thank you for your kind words, Ya I like church boobs with tramp boobs option! I'm happy with them,plus true healing isn't for a year, there's a chance the" fluff fairy" shows up and they get a little bigger, which won't be a big deal for us now because we have room to work with. Yay for us ! :)

Front view 6 Wks

When I updated my review I forgot to update the boobs from the front,They are coming along slowly. I do love them so much more than those ol' sag bags I had! I'm getting excited as I see they are close to healing and getting to wear bras and clothes I like. I really just want to enjoy the new girls! I feel bad for my hubby, he can't enjoy them either! Soon ladies, soon!

Hi AVA07 just checking in to see how your healing is going.
my PS told me to keep a tight sports bra on that swelling will last up to 4 months , the days I go around the house in a soft sport bra ohh I feel it, and they seem to bloat more, and I wear another tighter sport bra on top and it helps. it may help you also plus the more there up while healing the more they'll stay up after healing I read a lot about that,, good look cant wait to read more thank you ,
Right!? Damn swelling, so irritating! I'm sure once my wound heals under my breast my bra comfort will be much better.

7 Wks Today

Well ladies, healing is coming along. I'm doing a little more every day, today I carried my hefty 3 yr old, it was still kinda uncomfortable because the boobs just stay tender, but we both enjoyed it! Hugging again is nice too. No major news, but one wk did make a difference in my wounds, will post pictures of how it's healing.

oh Ava, that looks so sore! :( you are such a special lady, you dont deserve this. i hope you recover asap, i want to see you happy again.xxxx

pictures that didn't load

Hope all the pictures load this time, it really shows the difference, I'm quite hopeful about the progress! :~?

I have the same story. I am so grateful to see your pix so I know what is ahead for me.

pictures wound healing

Having a hard time loading all the pictures!

Wow, seems like everything is going in the right direction now :) healing wounds, less boxy and hugs. I guess it still takes a while until you forget that you had a surgery but I think you have wonderful results!
AVA my wound at my T under my right breast looks like your at week 7. What was your care instructions, what materials did you use, what products did you use? I had a scab over this section, but after I took a shower yesterday, it got soft and came off. Its the weekend so I cant see or speak to anyone until Monday about it. Your wounds healed so well, how did you do it?
Did the doc say why you developed those wounds? Was it lack of blood flow to those areas? They are looking really good now. I was just curious.

2 Closed, One To Go!!!!

I can't believe what I saw today! I'm so excited that the wounds are truly almost healed! I just had to share!

Pictures

Jeez, what's up with uploading pictures!

Whoa! That's crazy! Can you believe how amazing the human body is??? All that healing in a few days time... I have to say, you look amazing, and your spirit and good attitude are so wonderful to see! Now, we need to see an after shot in your favorite t-shirt!!! :)

Jeez

Wow that is awesome news. That looks great.

Both

DAMN Uploads!

Ugh!

Double Jeez!!!!

They are looking great Ava! :)
Wow you really heal quick now! How did you care for the wounds the last days?
I told Happilymarried all the tips, scroll down on my comments, I think I should write a real post about this isssue, because it sucks, happens VERY often , but is soooo hopeful others who were brave enough to post pictures really helped me. I've personally have cared for wounds on others, and somehow when it's you it's like you forget, or hope there's a new solution. I just know once it closes it's a new ballgame! A better one!

8 Wks Today

The body is truly amazing. This road has been such a challenge, and I would gladly do it again. I'm finally getting to the truly healed stage, I can't jog yet but I'm on the road! I bought night gowns with pre-made breast pockets, you know the kind, well I haven't worn one in 20 years! That is until the other night, I LOVED it! I could not get over the fact that my boobs don't sag 12 inches past the horizontal lines of the gown, it was an awesome feeling!

8Wks Continued

Well since I can only post 3 pictures (from phone anyhow) at a time, hence the double post today. I'm sorry for all the shine in the pictures I took these right after massage with oil. I'm excited to be at this stage in healing, there is a lot I still can't do but I'm closer every day!

Hey I just wanted to share that your looking great an although I did not mention on here about the real long wait to see my left incision heal FINALLY it's nearly closed an man do I feel so much better! Doctor signed me back to work on the 11th nervous about it really as been off 10 weeks an now have to have structure back again. Anywho you look great my sister an much luck with your continued recovery .
Yay!!! I love that little nighty top! I dream of wearing those :) I just asked my sister about a really cute corset top I had given her years ago that I bought but couldn't wear. I asked for it back, b/c in a few months I WILL :)) dec 30th cannot come fast enough! I'm sooooo happy for you, your results look fabulous!
I'm so glad your incision wounds have healed.  Fortunately, I've not had any infections with the multitude of procedures I've had.  My incisions are healing rapidly and I'm just waiting for my wrinkles to disappear!  Your boobs are looking so much better and I'm so happy you're healing.

11 Wks, and it's month 11

I feel just about 100% again, yay! I absolutely love my new breast, they were worth every penny, every pain pill, every tear, and every scar! My only regret; why didn't I do this ten years ago? ! The numberone tthing in getting surgery of any kind is trust your surgeon, it really makes a difference, especially if there is a complication. Love yourselves ladies, do this surgery for you, don't worry about anyone else, I feel great about this decision, I had niegh sayers, and they can go suck a popcicle!

You look great -glad you are happy with the outcome - it is a long road to full recovery.......best wishes
Thank you!
So happy for you an like you I couldn't be more thrilled yay! Have started to feel more comfortable getting around an moving. The compliments is further adding to my confidence an reassurance that it was the best thing I could have done . I look Forward to the other half of my life. I look forward to any future posting you place. You look fab!

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good ; My boobs stay up when I remove my bra, I can go shamlessly braless, I wear certain clothes braless, my breast fit my body better, Hubby say they look better than before, My back / neck has diminished , they are still all me (hubby's imput), I can see my WHOLE lap while sitting, I'm stared at for my good looks, not my big ass tits, I can hug closer, they don't flop about at ..u-hum..inoppourtun times, seat belts like me now, my bounce is sexy,not sloppy, I can find my bra size on the rack not just the internet, swimsuit tops
don't fear me, wardrobe options are endless,, they stay up when braless, they don't get I the way while sleeping, shaving, making babies, or holding babies, I feel normal, instead of freakish, did I mention they stay up? That's all I can think of right now.
The Bad; They are a little numb, they don't quite work like they used to, touching them is still a little odd, not erotic yet, some day hopefully many years from now they may sag again. .
The Ugly; You have to have surgery, sometimes complications,, scars, possibly long term insensetivity...

Hey girl, I posted on your TT page too. My boobies had the same issues at the t-junction. I'm at 8 weeks post op and they are finally drying up and the skin is healing over. Good thing, cause my TT is sked for 27 Jan (6 weeks away)! My doc isn't worried, says some of us just take a little longer to close up. PLUS, I too had issues with sensitivity to tape etc. Good to know before the TT, I guess.
Looking gorgeous!! :)
Thank u for sharing. Did u use anythibg for scar. Such as silicone scar sheets. U had some nice big boobs y did u make em smaller back problems?

The Scars

So here is a series of pictures showing the scars up close. They feel flat for the most part and don't really hurt unless something is pressing directly on the scar for an extended period of time. I have used Palmers scar oil, Bio oil, Vit E, and Shea butter (pure hard stuff) and I bought the silicon sheets but chickened out of using them for fear I would probably be allergic. I couldn't stand the smell of Palmers, so I stopped using it, I had an allergic reaction to the Vit E, So Bio oil and shea for me. I'm eventually going to have to find something to lighten the darkness of the scars or it literally will takes years to lighten on their own. I really don't care I see past the scars, and it seems hubby does too. I'm grateful for my boobs, I really am, I went on a website for women who have had breast reconstruction , mostly cancer patients, and ladies, I'm truly grateful for my imperfect boobs. I hope you all have a joyful Christmas and Healthy Healing!

Ava, I have to say the girls are lookin good... Congrats... When I had my BR over 20 years ago I didn't take pics or document... I'm 5'2 and was 110 lbs in high school so my D cups were so embarrassing to me. When I would go to clubs with my girlfriends guys would generally look at my boobs and ask them to dance.REALLY..... When I wouldn't answer they would look up and say oh wow and you have green eyes. REALLY... When I finally had my BR it was the best decision I ever made... Congrats to you Hun!!!
Sounds like you had more than just boobs to attract the guys! I get it though, feeling like a thing, and not a person. Men can be shallow, I wish I had done it years ago too, oh well this is my time, thank you for your support! :)
Looks good, I had Brest reduction in 1983 when I was 26, now I'm ready for tt

I Love Having Options

Hi ladies, I wanted to share how I really love my options now. I love the comforts of a smaller bust, but like feeling like a vixen sometimes and having cleavage worth checking out! So I got a couple of push up bras , let's just say that the hubby stood up and took notice!!!

You girls look proportionate to your size. They look great!! When is you TT scheduled? Looking forward to being FIT & FABULOUS!!
Thank you Joy , I TT on 1/17/14, I made a separate review, it's coming, better than BR recovery so far.
Wonderful update and pics. Thank you. You are so cute! I love the push up bra. Can you ever imagine wanting a push up before?? Too ironic. Love it!

Don't Get Hung Up On Size!

Hi ladies! I hope everyone has been happy and healthy. I wanted to share that I'm still very happy with my decision to reduce my breast. They are still as imperfect as ever, and I love them.I'm grateful for them. If you are considering this surgery, there are things to consider before doing this, like scars, if you're pretty worried about scars, you are NOT ready, wait, or you will not be happy at all. Really consider all that can go wrong, and weigh that against what you have, and experiencing right now. Go into this knowing you will not have perfection, but can be perfectly happy with your new smaller breast! If you think more on the health benefits then the complete aesthetics of the transformation you may accept the new you a little easier. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have even nipples, or a nice shape,which leads me to pick your doctor with complete care! Look at tons if pictures of his work, have him explain how some patients came to their results, good and bad. Like someone who choose to for-go reccomended lipo in an area for whatever reason may not look as good in your eyes, so ask. I wanted to share with all my BR gals, don't get hung up on size. Once you have a realistic expectations of the size your doctor is able to get you down to, roll with it, don't risk losing a nipple or worse to be smaller, safety 1st. If you can, go back later and reduce more, their are some breast so large that one reduction is not enough. Take my reduction for example, my Dr. said he could get me down to a large C, and for me personally I was like NO way, for my body shape I thought a D or large D was okay, and he honored that request. I was willing to pay out of pocket for this size because insurance required a minimum removal to cover costs. It turned out he took more than the minimum and I still have the size I wanted. Now I've mentioned before one boob is way bigger, I have chosen not to fix it, I'm okay with it maybe because it's been bigger my whole life. So I have pictures of me in some bras that all pretty much fit, and the sizes vary greatly! It's nuts! So don't be afraid of buying a slightly bigger bra , don't fear the cup size or band size, buy what fits most comfortable. Like I'm basically a 36D-36DD, but I buy 38 often because of comfort, I also had a tummy tuck a few wks ago and you experience a lot of swelling, so the extra room on the band helps. I shopped for bras recently and will probably start buying more 36's You will notice my full coverage beige bra is a little big, I will be returning it for a 36 all the other bras are fine at this point. I bought bras to soon after my reduction 36D's and have given most of them away, it's best to wait till the breast are done settling and "fluffing" . So please ladies don't beat yourselves up over size and remember you have options bra brands and style are dramaticly different, seriously, my push up is a DDD! I swear I stuffed myself into that size before! Your mind will scream noooo, that's to big! But don't fret, roll with it, go for comfort. I hope you are all happy & healthy, especially mentally as you move forward in this life changing journey, whatever stage you are in. Happy Valentine's Day! Tonight when I removed my bra, not matter my new (smaller, healthier) size know I'm doing it with pride, shame has left the building, for good!

Thank you sweetie it did help me to read your review. You know it is just that i thought i would be able to tell my hub a size and he could buy me a bra you know. But i have to realize that after the surgery it still is difficult to tell what size one has if you didn't check the brands before. I wonder why my ps was so confident in sayei would end up being a large c.. Whatever i will try not to look for bras to soon again. But i am curious, when did you feel your deswelling stopped and you had a "final" size? Xoxo
About 10-12 wks they were all settled. HappySuzy knows some great sites for bras, especially if you're looking for wireless. I'm glad you feel better, you are such a sweet doll!
What a well written post and it is oh so true. I have also learned to love the imperfections because I just feel so much better than before. I think one of the most important thing is to try on a lot of bras in different sizes and manufacturers because my size is all over the place. My doctor told me he was going to make me a C or a small D. I measure at a DDD and wear a DD - I don't think most surgeons have any idea what a C cup looks like.

More Bra Drama

So ladies I did return the tan colored bra that was in the previous post because it was a little big in the cup and band. The blue bra in this post is the same style fullccoverage as the tan. The black lace is also from Lane Bryant, (balconette) Please notice how I'm spilling out of the purple and grey number, same size as lace one. What a difference right? I do prefer the 36 band, but I'm wearing a bra extender with some 36's just for comfort when I swell, or toward the end of the day, best little invention since the invention of the dang bra! I also put on a 38C today and the thing fit! Nicely too, I was just totally surprised! So again it's all about fit and comfort not really size. Happy ( hopefully not frustrating) bra shopping! I included a before picture to show how far I've come, and what a difference the reduction has given me, in more then one way.

as I was scrolling down through your review, one comment popped up at me, about holding your breasts when shaking ketchup bottles. haha. so true. :-) you look truly excellent, AVA, and your new bras look beautiful.
Thank You so much!
Ava you are looking fantizzytastic in the new bras. I love the black one. Isn't so much fun now being able to wear all different styles and colors where before bra shopping was so limited.

Learn From My Mistake!

Okay ladies, I've had more bra drama. Okay so I was all,"Oh I love having options! " well I love puppy dogs and rainbow too! I was in a fools paradise. So remember I posted,"check me out in these all these different bras, they all basically fit" Well I lied, I THOUGHT they fit. I realised I was wearing my new bras like I had my old boobs. I didn't follow my own advice even! I wasn't truly fitting the new girls properly. I didn't follow my own advice in that I must have been afraid of a "big" number or size. My wake up call was removing a bra I loved and saw and felt terrible, the odd thing is I wore the damn thing like 5 times before I connected the dots! Bare with my lunacy ladies, I feel pretty dumb. So I went to Intimacy for a proper bra fitting. I'm a 34 F, wow right! Well wearing a bigger band allows you to wear a "smaller" bra cup, because the cup will naturally be a little roomier. The problem with that is the main support of a bra is in the band! Good lord knows how big my old boobs really were!!! So I see my boobs sitting where they are supposed to, and how much smaller they are and think, there's no way my boobs can be that big, (meaning that new cup size) and then I think, well they kinda aren't, they fit my body and I love them, and that's what matters. I want to take care of them and wearing a proper bra is a good part of it. Sizes be damned! So all that to be said don't worry about bra size, just bra fit.
I do know that when I gained wt after the br, I'm sure some went to my boobs, I even think at the time I hoped it. I thought them to small at first, So please learn from my mistake, give your body time, they will 'fluff" out and in about 12 wks you WILL know if they are too small, or to big. I would still wait the whole yr for any revision though. I know my body and I can't gain any more weight, or it will go to my boobs, when I lose, the boobs is the very last place to go :-(
LEARN FROM ME! Be blessed ladies, andhappy hhealing!

T-Shirt Pictures!

Here are some pictures of me in different bras, and no bra. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures but I look pretty small busted in the proper fitting bra. I do in person for sure. I don't care for lace bras and such, I think they are pretty but impractical, bit I'm thinking out the box for once when it comes to the new me! The lace is bumpy under t shirts, so I wear a a tank for smoothing or a different bra. May your bra hunting be successful! (May the odds be in your favor!)

Hey Ava!! How's your summer so far? I Stopped by to check up on you :-)... Noticed you are MIA. What are you up too????? ;).
YOU HAVE AMAZING RESULTS IM SURE YOUR VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Thank very,very much!

It's Been A Year !!!!!

Hi ladies, I can't believe it's been a year. My breast have not changed much since last update. They did shrink a tiny bit when I did hcg, that's probably because it targets stored fat. I had my first mammogram since the BR, and of course there was a finding! It's not all unusual to have calcification, fat necrosis or some other odd change, so don't freak out when you are required to go back for further testing. You bet there been some change in breast tissue after a BR! I now have pain in the scar tissue under left breast after the mammogram,all the squeezing I guess, my boobs feel way "softer" or less firm after mammo too. Kinda wish I had skipped this year.
I would do all again, complications and all! My BR has freed me in so many ways.I'm not bothered with the look of my scars, and they haven't faded much. I'm mad that one is sensitive now, mostly if touched or laying on it, otherwise I am fine. (Stupid mammo!) I also own like 15 swimsuits now hehehe! To all the ladies considering a BR, this is not a magic surgery, and requires your positive additive, and pick your surgeon VERY, VERY carefully, it makes a huge difference and have a truly realistic outcome in mind, if you have 50 year old Brest when you go in, you won't come out of surgery with 15 year old ones.... but close! Just kidding, Don't compare yourself constantly to others and don't be overly critical of every little thing, and you will embrace the new you sooner! Good luck and God bless every one of you in whatever stage in your journey you're at!

Hope all is good xoxo
Yes! It's been pretty good. Thanks for checking in!
You look great!
Dr. L. Gross

Dr. Gross is fabulous doctor who happens to be very talented as well. He is extremely qualified and is a kind, warm person with whom it's easy to communicate your needs with out feeling embarrassed about your body or lack of knowledge. His staff is just as awesome!