Rhinoplasty - Great Procedure Done in the Right Hands - Atherton, CA

I am a male in my mid twenties, who had been...

I am a male in my mid twenties, who had been considering rhinoplasty for quite some time. My nose always had a droopy tip, a crooked nasal bone, and a hump that gave it a very unattractive appearance --that resembled a hook. In addition, I also had a deviated septum.

Prior to moving forward with Dr. Mehta, I have had the opportunity to attend several consultations with different doctors. Dr. Mehta was actually my last consultation, and after evaluating everything, I knew he was the surgeon that I would be proceeding with.

Not only does he speak in a very polite and professional demeanor at all times, his knowledge and expertise in rhinoplasty was clearly evident by his way of explaining the process, and setting proper expectations. He addressed each point of concern I was harboring in-depth, without trying to rush me out of his office.

In terms of his professional experience, I was impressed by his background, and was even further pleased with the fact that he is double board certified. Because he is also board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, I knew I was in the right hands for having my deviated septum addressed in conjunction with the aesthetics of my nose.

Even after I decided on proceeding with him, I had an ample amount of questions via email, all of which he promptly answered.

On the day of the procedure, both him and Dr. Novak (anesthesiologist), along with the wonderful staff at Waverley Surgery Center, were fully reassuring, and handled me with the utmost care. Dr. Novak was so amazing at keeping me comfortable at all times, that when the surgery was over, I was not in any discomfort. Pain and bruising were minimal and everything went by so smoothly I hardly felt like I even had surgery. Though the splint was on, I can clearly see the new aesthetically pleasing shape my nose had acquired. I was thrilled, as this was something I have been wanting for several years now.

It is now Day 10 since my procedure, and the healing process has been great. I am absolutely loving the changes that have been made to my nose. As a result of having my deviated septum fixed, I can breathe a lot better than prior to surgery. In addition, my profile view has been substantially enhanced for the better. I cannot thank Dr. Mehta and his team enough for the care they have provided me. His office staff Jill and Kelli, have been great as well, and were always there to address any questions I had regarding finances and/or scheduling.

I'm definitely glad I this procedure done, and most importantly with Dr. Mehta.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf! Yay for better breathing! How long was it after surgery until you were back to your normal routine?
Hi Angiemcc, Sorry about the delayed response. I had my splint off about 6 days after surgery. At that point, I was able to carry on with my normal routine without much discomfort -- if any at all. The first 6 days weren't bad at all either. I just took it pretty easy and relaxed. Hope this helps.