Excellent Doctor! Flawless Results - Atherton, CA

I was plagued with dark under eye circles that...

I was plagued with dark under eye circles that were getting worse and worse. I researched everywhere on the best remedy, including this site, where I found story after story on the horrors of Restylane under the eyes. I myself have had many bad experiences with filler injections from Med Spas in Los Angeles and I am extremely paranoid about recovery: swelling, bruising, etc. and bad, or artificial looking results.

My recovery and results were flawless. Contrary to almost every single review I read, I had zero swelling and bruising, and they were not overfilled. I have never looked so good first thing in the morning! And that is priceless.

Wow, great review! The price was good also. Just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they are skilled at administering injections. Doctors are just regular people like you and me who decided to go a different route in school. Being a doctor is also a business. People often forget that point. There are some out there who know we all can't' afford 1000 dollars for a filler and are more reasonable. It's against the law to purchase your own filler online or even inject yourself, but the reason people do it is because of the cost or the doctor isn't doing it correctly. Sad. On the other hand I'm really really pleased you found a diamond in the rough!
Hi nocreamcandothis. Just wish to share some medical information. Various things can cause dark circles to oddly increase under eyes. (I'm having Restylane injected soon for tear trough area.) But I had noticed shadows increasing under my eyes over past six months, or so. I've had several moderate bouts of iron deficiency anemia the last several years (heavy menstrual cycles and perhaps some gastro bleeding.) In November, I looked like I hadn't sleep for weeks! So, I went to my primary doc for blood work. It turned out I was quite anemic. Increased circles are often a symptom of anemia. I've been taking a gentle iron supplement and I'm eating iron rich foods. My circles are MUCH less, now. DON'T take supplements without your doctor's approval, but being a woman, get blood work, specifically "full iron studies" done. Of course, prior, poorly injected restylane may cause the Tyndall effect. Also allergies cause circles, too. Anyway... Happy to hear you are looking much better! Only, circles may be the result of more than one condition. I'm not a doctor, but like you, my circles were increasingly getting worse. And many women are anemic and don't realize so. Just trying to share what I've miserably had to learn and maybe be of some help. And I'm still quite soon getting restylane for my pesky troughs! :-) Take care.

I'm glad things turned out well for you! I would love it if you would post some pictures so we can see the results as well.

I am curious, since you mentioned reading so much on "horrors of Restylane under the eyes" and that you had bad experiences yourself, what made you feel it was worth taking the risk to try this?

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I sought out Dr. Mehta, who is a Bay Area plastic surgeon in Atherton. His attitude and manner from initial consultation is extremely comforting and accommodating. He is 100% dedicated to exactly the result you are after in the manner you are most comfortable. He offers important information and knowledge about products and procedures and their respective pros and cons. After speaking with him, I trusted him to inject Restylane under my eyes, which every single review will tell you, should only be done by highly skilled, and experienced doctors. I cannot recommend Dr. Mehta highly enough as a skilled, experienced doctor who you can trust for excellent work.