Retin-a Micro--a Must Have! - Athens, GA

After getting the implanon, my skin was at its...

After getting the implanon, my skin was at its worst. My doctor failed to mention to me that it was pure estrogen, but my skin did not. I wanted my flawless skin back. First I saw a new doctor and got my implanon removed. Then I saw a dermatologist for the first time ever, and she prescribed me retina micro .1%. AMAZING results, but the product needs time. At first, your skin gets very dry, flakey, and red. but you have to get over that stage to get the results you want. After all, your skin gets worse before it gets better because you are surfacing all of the bacteria. Anyone who dogs on retina micro never gave it a full chance! I promise that you will not be dissatisfied by the results, and pictures do not lie! See for yourself! I recommend this product to anyone! I am still using it today, and I will for the rest of my life! Not only does it get rid of acne and hyperpigmentation, it also produces collagen which decreases fine lines and wrinkles as well as pock-marks, and works as an anti-aging product. It even gets rid of dark circles! Yes, it is a little pricey (depending on your insurance) but it's worth saving the money. I feel so much better about myself and I love the fact that I don't have to wear makeup if I don't want to! And that, is what I missed most when I was battling my acne. Give it a shot! If you have any other further questions about the product, feel free to leave a comment. I know what it's like to be in a slump from bad skin, and nobody should ever have to feel the way I did. I'm here to help! Don't waste a bunch of time reading on reviews for months, this product works, and in as little as a few months you can turn your skin completely around.
Athens Dermatologist

She is an amazing doctor! I love her. I will continue to see her. She has made a complete 180 on my skin, and I cannot thank her enough!

What is the difference between retina a .05 and .1? Also will this work on acne scars
Only retin-a without any antibiotics??
I'm using retin A micro 0.1% everyday but it's very drying. Did you use it every night or every other night? And did you only apply it to your acne or all over your face, even the areas without acne?
Your results are great, happy for you that it worked ! I have a question, which brand of Retin A micro were you using? Does it make a difference in a brand? Also how is retina A micro different from regular retin A ? I started using retin a twice and stopped because it made my face look worse because of the drying effect ! Thank you for sharing your experience!!!
The main difference between the two, is that retin-a micro is designed to soak into the skin slowly--which also causes less irritation; retin-a is the complete opposite. Retin-a micro also helps with shine caused from oily skin, retin-a does not. I used Retina-Micro during the times I took all of the pictures. I just started using the generic brand this month, and it shows the same results!
Do you know how long it took for your skin to clear up? Did you have an initial breakout period? Your skin looks fabulous!
Not that long! I started seeing immediate results just after a few weeks. It took about 5-6 months to get to the very last picture I posted. Also, I was taking minocylin (sp?) and using Acanya in the mornings. Both are antibiotics. They seemed to clear up my face quickly. I didn't suffer from my acne getting too much worse from the retina as I did with dry skin. My face would become so dry by the end of the night, that I could feel it cracking when I smiled.
How bad did it make your acne before it got better?
I think that effects everyone differently. I didn't see too great of a difference, but I was also prescribed an antibiotic for my acne.
that last picture, your skin looks glowing! i was using retin a .05% for months and then just stopped but i remember how flawless my skin looked during that time. i'm going to make an effort to use nightly now. my little tip is to mix a pea size with about a dime size of base lotion, i use aveda all-sensitive. this reduces the flakiness, peeling, and sensitivity that usually occurs with retin a treatment.
My face was very dry and itchy. I asked my doctor about applying lotion with the retina, and she said I could do so, but it would weaken the medicine. And I wanted all that I could get. So I just used a dove bar as my facial cleanser (they are great for sensitive skin and are very hydrating) and neutrogena healthy defense in the mornings. My face would stay pretty hydrated throughout the day and evening. But by night time it was dry again. But by that time I was in for the night, so it didn't matter.
Hi let me say your skin looks amazing! I started using Retin A but it gave me so much redness i stopped, I actually have a question I want to give it a shot again but how do you apply it? do you do spread it even on your whole face or just dot it on problem areas?
Thank you! You just use a pea-sized amount (give or take a little), and dot it on the areas you want to improve. You rub in the retina with one single fingertip. That way you revieve more product on your face and less product on your hands. Retina is designed to slowly soak into your skin, so if it looks like it's not rubbed in completely, that's okay! Also make sure you are applying the medication on a freshly washed face, but you want to wait at least 20 minutes after washing your face to make sure that every layer of your skin is dry. If you apply it before the 20 minutes, your face will become very red and dry. Although that is an unavoidable effect, anyway to keep redness and irritation to a minimum is great. Thanks for your question, feel free to ask me anything else you may be wondering about.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Your results with the continued use of Retin-A Micro are amazing!

Thank you! It is my pleasure to review a product I feel so passionately about, and if it can help other people feel more healthy and secure with themselves I am happy to do it!

That's awesome! We are so glad you are here!

Wow! Amazing results! :) I'm very happy for you! I agree whole heartedly that Retin-a is an amazing product. I've tried Retin-a Micro, and all other Retin-a formulas and strengths and they're all fine, it's just starting off slow, backing off when you need to, increasing or decreasing the strength if and when it's necessary for your skin ;-)