A Wonderful Experience, Overall...- Asheville, NC

I had a full abdominoplasty in Nov 2011. I don't...

I had a full abdominoplasty in Nov 2011. I don't regret it at all. However, I now want more kids sooner than I had anticipated.... so I am pretty sure I'll be undoing some of my amazing surgeon's work :( Having said that, I'm glad I did it - I lost 100+lbs after gastric bypass, and was miserable about my flappy belly. I now *love* my body!

Pain was the only side-effect. I only mention it because I never use pain meds (not after the last two surgeries I had even), but I happily accepted Vicodin after the tuck! It was massively ouchy, but I was up and about three days post-op, off of pain meds in about a week. It was 6 weeks before I started working out again though... my abs were tender during workouts for several weeks after I resumed workouts as well.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Brenda was amazing! She was patient with my incessant questions via phone and email, and took her time answering them. She was always pleasant and kind, and put me at ease the morning of surgery when I was a wreck! I felt prepared for post-op discomfort by her, and found her after care instructions to be thorough and helpful. I highly recommend her.

JudoGirl, having lost 100 pounds you looked great even post surgery. Post surgery is fab!

DeeDeeTampa, have you consulted another plastic surgeon or seen your regular doc about the pain?
Oops, meant to see you looked great pre surgery but obviously look tons better now. I usually see a lot more hanging skin w/ a 100 pound weight loss.
I have consulted my pcp, a regular surgeon, had numerous MRI's, CT, sonograms. I guess my only choice is to see another plastic surgeon.
I was very lucky - my lower abdomin was the only place that really showed the loss, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected.
I would exhaust all options - including another plastic surgeon. Good luck with that - I hope you find the answers you need :)
Since I had gastric bypass (7 yrs ago) and lost 165 pounds, I decided to have an abdominoplasty with muscle plication in Nov. 2011. I am writing because, I hope there is someone out there who has an answer for me. My pain is worse today than it was the day I had surgery, which was almost nine months ago. I have constant abdominal pain 24 hours a day. My surgeon has NO answers. HELP PLEASE
I would seek a second opinion, and fast.
I'm not sure why you would be having pain 9 months later but definitely what Judo Girl said... get to another Dr. and fast. I had that same procedure done gosh 16 years ago and have never had any pain after the initial surgery. You definitely need to see another Dr. you know as bad as it sounds.,.. for all you know they could have left something as simple as a gauze in you that in now septic... good luck and get to a Dr!!!
Thanks! Good to know about the tender abs when you start working out! To be expected I guess. You look great!
Looks like u have great results! Happy for you.
Thanks!