A Wonderful Experience, Overall...- Asheville, NC

I had a full abdominoplasty in Nov 2011. I don't...

I had a full abdominoplasty in Nov 2011. I don't regret it at all. However, I now want more kids sooner than I had anticipated.... so I am pretty sure I'll be undoing some of my amazing surgeon's work :( Having said that, I'm glad I did it - I lost 100+lbs after gastric bypass, and was miserable about my flappy belly. I now *love* my body!

Pain was the only side-effect. I only mention it because I never use pain meds (not after the last two surgeries I had even), but I happily accepted Vicodin after the tuck! It was massively ouchy, but I was up and about three days post-op, off of pain meds in about a week. It was 6 weeks before I started working out again though... my abs were tender during workouts for several weeks after I resumed workouts as well.

JudoGirl, having lost 100 pounds you looked great even post surgery. Post surgery is fab!

DeeDeeTampa, have you consulted another plastic surgeon or seen your regular doc about the pain?
Oops, meant to see you looked great pre surgery but obviously look tons better now. I usually see a lot more hanging skin w/ a 100 pound weight loss.
I have consulted my pcp, a regular surgeon, had numerous MRI's, CT, sonograms. I guess my only choice is to see another plastic surgeon.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Brenda was amazing! She was patient with my incessant questions via phone and email, and took her time answering them. She was always pleasant and kind, and put me at ease the morning of surgery when I was a wreck! I felt prepared for post-op discomfort by her, and found her after care instructions to be thorough and helpful. I highly recommend her.