So Happy With My Results from Dr. Harley - Asheville, NC

I'm not usually a review writer but since I ended...

I'm not usually a review writer but since I ended up choosing Dr. Harley from reviews that others took the time to write, I decided to share my experience. I literally was a stalker on mostly this site for about a year while researching what is involved with all these different lift surgeries, the SMAS layer, the different board certifications and the office sedation vs IV or general anethesia in the hospital.
I don't mind some fine wrinkles but the jowl/marionette lines and eye sagging in my case was becoming a major focus. I had seen a couple plastic surgeons in the DC area who charged 2-3 times what Dr Harley does and I would need 3-4 weeks down time and a big hospital bill in addition to the surgeon fee and one wanted to practically rebuild my face.
I am a nurse, so of course I am super paranoid and figured everything that could, would go wrong and I would either be under sedated or over sedated blah blah blah. This did almost seem too good to be true...From my first phone call to Juanita to my follow up visit in April, EVERYONE at that office was so nice and just gave you the feeling you were in good hands. Dr. Harley is not at all pushy and listens very carefully to what you want and will give you the options. I was, like everyone else, a nervous wreck before and kept wavering and then looking in the mirror!
So I did drag my husband on my 7.5 hr journey and 9 day stay in Asheville (he loves Asheville now). Dr. Harley has this sedation down to a science!! After you take the meds, you go back for pics and he starts drawing on your face and then you wake up! I had to immediately make sure everything was working when I got in the car (which it was) and you look ridiculous going back to a hotel with the bandages but I slept well for the next 24 hours and the pain was well controlled with the meds. The weird thing was (still amazes me) that I had NO BRUISING and very little swelling. I did do the Arnica and ate the blueberries and pineapple but I still thought I would look pretty bad and didn't. Drain out the next day and my eyes were a bit obvious, but honestly, I think I could have gone out in public after that.
In summary, Dr. Harley specializes in FACES and has this procedure perfected and obviously his board certs show he knows the face well. I still can't believe I picked a surgeon in another state basically from the internet after reviews and his dramatic before and after pics but I am so glad I followed my instincts on this one.
One final note, be patient with the healing. I am 3 months out and it just keeps getting better and better as far as the skin kind of molding tighter to your face if that makes any sense? I went back to work on day 10 which was very stressful because the sutures had just come out. I felt like everyone knew something was different but they couldn't exactly figure it out because I wasn't gone that long and had no bruising or swelling. Take as much time off as you can so you don't have to worry.
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great in every way!!

KM, how are you? I'm at 2 months and still feel tightness. You look great! Keep us posted. It's reassuring seeing someone from the medical field use Dr. Harley. I love the Asheville area. Lilygirl
KM, I am almost 3 weeks post from Dr. Harley. Thank you for your post. Dr. Harley is worth the drive. Lilygirl14
Any chance you have any photos of your incision lines? Just curious as to the placement that produced such a symmetrical and pleasing result...grace
Thank you for all the nice comments!! Let me find some pics from right after the surgery and one of the healed incision. I will post them this week.
Yes I agree, ur eyes look awsome! Thank u for sharing(^_~)!!
Wow, your eyes look fantastic! What a difference!
RL46...uh-oh. This has got you thinking 'cause her eyes do look INCREDIBLE!!!!! :) grace
Hey KM, Just wondering how you got a lift and eyes for $6200? What am I missing? $6200 is what Dr. Harley charges for a Biltmore lift and neck lift, sans eyes.
Apparently his prices on the lift went up b/c lately it has been showing on RS as 6400
Hi RL, I meant to put something in the review about that! It would only let me put in one procedure so I put the lift. The lift was 6200 and the eyes were 2600..
I paid $6400 for the Biltmore Lift.
BTW also thank you for the note about patience and the skin molding tighter over time, which is definitely what I'm hoping for... I am definitely still in the swollen phase and look forward to that being over!
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!