My Liposonix Experience!!! - Ashburn, VA

My experience with Liposonix The day of the...

My experience with Liposonix

The day of the procedure I was pretty excited and anxious to start the process of getting rid of my belly fat and love handles, also know as abdomen fat and flanks!

First I had my pictures taken so we could later see the before and after results. Next , my abdomen and flanks were marked up with a marker.
I then laid down on the exam bed and was made comfortable. I had blankets to keep me warm and a squeeze ball for the zingers, which I will later explain.

The treatment began first with my abdomen. It took about 45 mins in total for my belly and 45 mins total for my flanks. The overall experience felt like static electricity. I would even explain it as a sparkler. Every few seconds to minutes there were shocks referred to as zingers. The zingers were pretty uncomfortable. Sometimes the pain even jumped up to an 8! But overall the pain level was at a 4. That may sound like a lot of pain but I did not take any Valium or xanax, and I did not have any ice to numb up the area which I have seen helps a lot.

Once the proceedure was done there was no pain, but there was some slight soreness.

Day#2 I woke up feeling great! The soreness was a little bit more but was not too bad at all

Day#3 I started bruising which was pretty intense but to be expected. Still minimal soreness.

Day #4 Bruising was at the worst this day. I wanted to go running but when I ran I felt pretty sore because my abdomen would giggle so I decided to get a compression exercise belt from Walmart. I then went running and had no problem.

At 2 weeks my bruising had just about totally disappeared. If i pushed real hard on the areas I had treated I would feel some soreness.

I am now at the month mark and I a surprised to say that I am already beginning to see results which is way sooner than anticipated because results are to be seen between 2-3months! I am very happy so far. Today we took pictures to compare and others as well have seen results. Now on to treat my bra pads, and inner thighs ;)

Updated on 7 Jun 2012:
pros - waiting for final resluts

cons- painful on hips and lower belly near bones.

advice: take valium 2 preferable prior to procedure

Ashburn General Surgeon

Dr. Mountcastle took his time with me during my initial consultation. He showed me before and after pictures and gave me realistic expectations of what results i was going to have. The nurses were very comforting during the procedure and the front staff was exceptional!

We have been using a small volume of tumescent anesthesia just above the facia before performing Lipsonix treatments. This totally take the pain away during treatment and does not appear to lessen the improvement post treatment.
I didn't think you could use Liposonix on the bra pads and inner thighs?
thanks for the update. this technology is new and i am still in the beginning phases of analyzing my results from this machine. it does seem like a promising new technology and i am happy to be able to bring Liposonix, a non invasive fat removal device to the northern virignia and DC area. As one of the few plastic surgeons in northern virginia to incorporate all three modalities of fat reduction including coolsculpting, liposonix and laser liposuction in my office. i feel lucky to be able to offer this much choice to patients. However, as with all new technology, i like many other plastic surgeons are going through an exhausting process of reviewing all our results as to better offer patients a realistic picture of what they should expect. One thing i have already noticed is that our patients are stating that they are having more pain during the procedure than was advertised by the company spokespeople who sold us the machine. we have taken extra steps to alleviate this with a number of techniques. The other key is to not try to use that many joules during each phase of the procedure. Having the machine set to 50 joules seems to be working the best.

i am happy you had such a pleasant experience and please let me know if there is anything that either myself of my office could do.