Botched Breast Reduction ~IN NEED OF PRAYERS AND ENCOURAGEMENT !!!! - Ashburn, VA

I had my breast reduction surgery on September 26,...

I had my breast reduction surgery on September 26, 2012. I researched all the surgeons that my insurance company allowed me to see. I spent weeks getting information on each doctor, narrowing them down one by one. I chose and met my doctor during 1st my consultation and I was very comfortable with him and he was very knowledgeable. He had advised me that I was a perfect candidate for this surgery and he would bring my breast size down to a full D or D D. (I'm 5'7, 212 pounds and originally had a breast size of a 40G) My insurance company approved my surgery and I was so happy. Surgery started and the 09/26/12 at 9:30am. I woke up at 2pm and PS said things went well and he removed 4lbs from each breast. He did say there was tension on the left breast but, it would be fine. Well, it was FAR FROM BEING FINE!!!!

My doctor claimed my surgery went well but, it didn't.

Week One was terrible my breast were EXTREMLY swollen and I didn't have drains. So, there was no where for fluid to drain and very liitle came out of the incisions.

Week Two still swollen and my incision on the left breast opened due to the tension. I also have skin breakdown under my breast. I had been calling my doctor and was being told to just keep it covered and the wear my ace bandage. I also sent picture of my breast but, he did nothing for me (keep in mind, I'm in pain). During this time my left breast is falling apart and it looks and smells nasty. I kept calling my doctor and finally I just went to his office. The visit was pointless because he looked at it and covered it with non-stick telfa (that still stuck to the wound and I was ripping off more skin). By the end of week 2 most of the skin below my left breast was GONE!!!! Since my doctor hasn't told me how to care for it. I have spent hundreds of dollars on mdical care items. I have been putting sterile strips on the incision to try and save my nipples.

Week Three - Monday October15, 2012 I went to my Primary Doctor and he freaked out and called Dr. Mountcastle. My PS had me come in on Oct 19th. He looked at it and said "Why is my work falling part". He cover it back up and said I'll have a home nurse come out to see you. Home nurse came yesterday and today and she was shocked. She spoke to my PS and he told her he removed almost 5lbs (he told me 4lbs) Anyway she was a major help because she cleaned the wound up and explained how I need to care for it SO, HOPEFULLY I'M ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY.......

I'm starting to come to terms with that fact that...

I'm starting to come to terms with that fact that my wounds are really bad and will take time to heal. I just took a shower and I finally lifted the left breast and looked under it with a mirror to see how bad it is. It is quite horrific and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. The left breast has just falling apart. It looks and feels as though the inside of the breast just fell out. I don't have to lift the right breast I can just stand in front of the mirror and see under it. And the left breast I actually have to lift it up because it's now hanging down. Personally I can't tell if it's starting to heal because the area started off kind of small and then the breakdown got bigger. Anyway all I can do now is to continue to take my multivitamins and eat healthy foods high in protein. I'm still using the Curity Gauze with Silvasorb. I'm praying that I see some healing within the next few days. I'm supposed to return to work November 5th. That's going to be really hard since my nurse is telling me I will not be able to wear a brawl for the next month and a half to 2 months.

Wanted to make an entry before I went to bed. I...

Wanted to make an entry before I went to bed. I received a phone call earlier from a nurse at my plastic surgeons office 10/23/12. My surgery was September 26th and today was the first time a nurse from my plastic surgeons office actually called me. She said she was calling to check and see if I was healing okay and if the visiting nurse had came to my home. I was very honest with her and told her that my wound is breaking down more and showing little signs of healing. I contacted a wound care center and I have an appointment for Thursday. I will be out of work a little longer. I was supposed to go back October 15th and now it's supposed to be November the 5th. Now it's going to be pushed back further. It's okay because right now the most important thing is me healing. I'm just trying to remain strong stay in faith and stay positive.

HI EVERYONE!!! I'M FINALLY BACK. I NEEDED TO STEP...

HI EVERYONE!!! I'M FINALLY BACK. I NEEDED TO STEP AWAY FOR A FEW AND JUST FOCUS ON ME AND HEALING. ONCE I REALIZED MY DOCTOR WASN'T GOING TO HELP ME I WENT TO A WOUND CARE IN MY AREA. THEY SAVED MY LIFE!!! I STARTED GOING THERE 2MONTHS AGO AND THEY STARTED HELPING ME RIGHT AWAY. MY RIGHT BREAST HAS HEALED NO MORE OPEN WOUNDS AND THERE IS MINIMAL SCAR TISSUE. THE LEFT BREAST WAS THE WORST AND IT ALSO LOOKS GOOD NOW. IT'S STILL HEALING BUT, IT HAS SOME A VERY LONG WAY!!!! I'M LOOKING AND FEELING BETTER. Thank you to everyone that has supported me and showed concern....xoxoxo

I'm back at work and my son is back in preschool...

I'm back at work and my son is back in preschool so, I don't have much time in the evenings to get online. I will set aside some time soon to upload some updated pictures. You all will be shocked and amazed at far I have come in 3 months. Now 3 months is a long time to heal after the type of surgery I had. However, ya'll know I had a major setback so, I'm actully shocked at the results I'm having at my 3 months post op. I can't wait to post the pics!!!
Ashburn General Surgeon

Dr. Timothy Mountcastle seems to be a very nice and kind doctor. I felt comfortable with him when we meet and he assured me that my surgery would be successful and I would be happy with the results. However, that was not the case and I am unhappy and in pain. It would be nice if my PS was a better communicator. I just wish he would have taken time to explain to me what happened during surgery and what went wrong and how to correct it now. I just want to heal and I don't want this result to happen to anyone else!!!

You need to sue. Period.
Why didnt you file a malpractice suit against the Dr its clear you would of won with all the pain & torture you went through
Hi can u please tell me what your wound care nurse advised you to do I'm having the same issues thanks
Thank you so much for posting this. I had my reduction two months ago and have experienced *exactly* the same thing - my right breast developed a huge open wound (about the size of my palm) and hasn't healed for six weeks. My doctor and the nurses have been way better than your original ones (I've had antibiotics and been back to the hospital every two days since the surgery) but its still been so indescribably awful. And it seemed like everyone else's surgery goes fine. But I'm glad I'm not the only one, and its so reassuring to see your healing process. It makes me hope it won't be too long before mine starts to improve.
my god that's so unfair and horrible!! I'm sorry this happened to you sweetie but I am very happy it healed up well.
thank you so much for sharing this with us! it looked scary there for a second. glad you're better.
wow that is just horrible how he did not treat you. Im glad you are healing better.
He left me and TwisaP on a deserted island without a life preserver. I just pray it doesn't happen to someone else. No one deserves to go through what we did....
please come back and post a pic . how have u been . did u use to smoke is that the reason that hapen
Never smoked in my life. Just choose the wrong doctor...
my breast are not that bad but I am going through the similar thing thanks I am going to call a wound care dr. asap good luck yada
Thank God your healing well, just continue to do what you were instructed to do and rest.......
so happy for you! it all looks much much better! Congrats to your strength and patience and for finding the wound care centre!
Thanks! I will provide more updated pics soon. I'm looking even better. I still have a small area on my left breast that needs to close but, it a quarter size area.
I am so glad for you. Can't wait to see the pictures.
I am so glad for you. Can't wait to see the pictures.
im so glad to see you are finally on the road to heal! that was scary to go through.. smooth sailing from here..!! so happy for you!
Wow the healing plane is really taking off for you now! I know that you have had a difficult time, but there is a huge change and you are looking great. Keep smiling and get loadsa hugs, you deserve it! xx
Oh I am so sorry that you are going / went through this. Your Dr should be sued for the follow up care on this. How could he not see you immediately. Wow.. And you have a small child to care for too.. I hope that you are much better now and well done on being able to come out the other side of this.
Thank you sooooo much!!! With the prayer and the right diet I'm healing nicely (as well as expected).
OMG, This is so awful, but I am glad you finally are getting some results. I am also glad you posted the doctor and info to hopefully save others from going through this. I know posting all of this could not have been easy for you, but you will be helping others know what to look for. Blessings to you!
That is the reason I shared my story. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. However, I noticed that my doctor somehow placed my review last on his page. So if someone was looking him up to see his reviews they may not see mine.
Wow!!! Such an improvement! I am amazed at how good they are looking! Best of luck in your continued healing!
I so totally can not believe this...I am so glad you are healing and getting the care you need finally!
Im so glad the wound care center helped you!! Im glad you are doing better, you have been in my prayers!!!