39 Year Old with BCC on Cheek - It's Terrifying in the Beginning...but Have FAITH! - Arlington, TX

It was hard to be happy about this procedure, but...

It was hard to be happy about this procedure, but I had to do it, Not just for myself, but for my family. I hope to one day help other young girls not go through what I have had to. Stay away from tanning beds, wear sunscreen...having darker skin because it "look's better" isn't worth it!! Beauty has a different meaning to me today...I'm thankful for my experience!

Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

referred by dermatologist. My doctor and his staff did a fantastic job from beginning to end!

Just curious how you're doing now. Any changes to your scar?

Hope everything is going great. :) Please update when you can.
It really does help others to see how beautifully you've healed. Your advice on the danger of UV rays is invaluable, others may not be so lucky to have great results like you did. I can't really see an indentation, I hope you continue to heal as well as you have, good luck!
beautiful!
You look terrific! :)

Thank you so much for choosing to post pictures - that is so helpful, and puts this as one of our best, most helpful, Mohs Surgery reviews in my opinion!

The image is a bit unclear, but in your 4 month post-op picture I can't really see a  scar. Does it look pretty similar in person?

Though I certainly haven't been through what you have, at 36 I can definitely back up your advice to younger girls to stay out of tanning beds & use sunscreen religiously. Good advice for sure!

Megan, Thanks for your response! I just posted another picture that may show my scar a little better. It may be the quality of the camara? I am very pleased with the scar itself, it's healing up nicely and will only get better. I do still have quit a bit of redness underneath my eye area and puffiness at both ends of the scar. My doctor said that will get better in time. I have a mild case of rosacea so that doesn't help with the redness either. I was so worried about the scar before I had the surgery but I am happy with the results. My biggest concern is the indention that it's left on that side of my face. There may be some things I can do at a later date to correct that and I will be looking into that in the future. I will be sure to update you on my progress and post future pictures. Take care!

I can see the bit of extra redness, and perhaps a little indentation, but it certainly isn't anything that looks bad. Then take into consideration that its just 4 months after the surgery I think it looks great! As a side note - you are very beautiful!