39 Year Old with BCC on Cheek - It's Terrifying in the Beginning...but Have FAITH! - Arlington, TX

It was hard to be happy about this procedure, but...

It was hard to be happy about this procedure, but I had to do it, Not just for myself, but for my family. I hope to one day help other young girls not go through what I have had to. Stay away from tanning beds, wear sunscreen...having darker skin because it "look's better" isn't worth it!! Beauty has a different meaning to me today...I'm thankful for my experience!

Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

referred by dermatologist. My doctor and his staff did a fantastic job from beginning to end!

You look terrific! :)

Thank you so much for choosing to post pictures - that is so helpful, and puts this as one of our best, most helpful, Mohs Surgery reviews in my opinion!

The image is a bit unclear, but in your 4 month post-op picture I can't really see a  scar. Does it look pretty similar in person?

Though I certainly haven't been through what you have, at 36 I can definitely back up your advice to younger girls to stay out of tanning beds & use sunscreen religiously. Good advice for sure!

Megan, Thanks for your response! I just posted another picture that may show my scar a little better. It may be the quality of the camara? I am very pleased with the scar itself, it's healing up nicely and will only get better. I do still have quit a bit of redness underneath my eye area and puffiness at both ends of the scar. My doctor said that will get better in time. I have a mild case of rosacea so that doesn't help with the redness either. I was so worried about the scar before I had the surgery but I am happy with the results. My biggest concern is the indention that it's left on that side of my face. There may be some things I can do at a later date to correct that and I will be looking into that in the future. I will be sure to update you on my progress and post future pictures. Take care!

I can see the bit of extra redness, and perhaps a little indentation, but it certainly isn't anything that looks bad. Then take into consideration that its just 4 months after the surgery I think it looks great! As a side note - you are very beautiful!