Zerona Does Nothing - Arlington Heights, IL

NOTE: I really hope you read this and take this...

NOTE: I really hope you read this and take this review to heart. If I saw a genuine assessment like the one I'm about to write, I would have skipped Zerona, saved myself the time of driving out to the sessions EVERY OTHER DAY, not to mention $1000. Let's begin, shall we?

Zerona does NOTHING. I went for **16** treatments (1st 6 were paid, the rest were free because the treatment "didn't take"), and got NO results. Realistically, the results people see from Zerona are ones who are (1) relatively inactive, and (2) don't eat well/drink enough water. In a nutshell, for Zerona to "work," you're supposed to:
- exercise daily
- drink your body weight translated into ounces of water (ie - I weigh 185lbs, so 185 oz of water)
- eat healthy
- wear a compression garment around your target area
- treat the area w/Zerona every 48-72hrs

I work out hard 6x/week (p90x), and eat clean, so I thought I'd try Zerona on my abs, as that area simply won't respond to any level of exercise and diet. Because Zerona's requirements are already part of my routine, I had **NO** change in shape, size, or look of my abs/flanks.

Realistically, most people that opt to try this treatment don't exercise like crazy (if at all), don't eat perfectly, don't consume enough water, so when they DO these things to "maximize Zerona's results," it's such a shock to their body, they're bound to lose some weight. Couple that with a compression garment squeezing the target area/making it sweat more than it typically would, and *BAM,* -- they magically get results.

Bottom line, Zerona doesn't work. AT ALL. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. My sister tried it too, and she's in pretty good shape as well, and it didn't work for her either.

Post-Lipo

So, as I mentioned before, Zerona was my last step before getting lipo. I wound up getting lipo done on my abs/flanks in February. I've attached pictures from today. I still work out about 5-6x/wk, eat clean, and have increased my weights to put on a bit more size in my arms. I weight train 3x/wk, abs 3x/wk, yoga 1x/wk, and cardio (plyo/intervals) 2x/wk.

As it turns out, my doctor informed me that I have a weaker lower abdominal wall, so I won't be able to achieve the "6-pack" look. He will be doing a slight revision on my "love handle" area, as well as a touch-up on my back under both my lats in the next few months. Given the fact that I do work out so hard, eat so clean, and went to the extreme of getting lipo done, I'm surprised and somewhat disappointed that this is as flat as my stomach can get, but when you touch it, there's NO jiggle, it's basically hard as a rock. Either way, here are the pics for those interested in seeing the (almost) end result.

forgot the pics! here ya go!

oops -- here are the pics:

He ran a special on Groupon for Zerona.

To be totally honest, this guy’s body looks like SH*T. I’m not sure what he does in the gym or what his definition is for “working out”, but I can tell you, it’s NOT my definition. I bust my butt in the gym 4x a week and eat totally clean, and at 54, my body rocks.
My boyfriend is a lot like you and we are about to break up. Being that obsessed and what truly comes across as self-conscious about your body is NOT attractive. The hot girls all wind up with fatsos in the end : )
Then why the hell are you on here? Go have fun with some fat men.
Geez. You need to chill. I date a guy like you and I'm seriously about to break up with him. He is so obsessed with needing to stay in top physical form and is so insecure. It's NOT attractive. The good looking girls always end up with the fatsos in the end.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I never exercised before, didn't drink much water...had a baby then bought an eleptical exercised 20min 4x a week, started to drink lots of water(only) and blended spinach, celery, kale, strawberries, kiwi, apples and more green apples(lol), and lemon for 4weeks(no bread, no sugar,no soda,juices,etc. I went from size 10 to size 6. I weighed 170 down to 150 now. My point is I think these laser whatever u wanna call them are all scams. The fact that they give u ur diet and make u drink lots of water and exercise!!!! That should do the job for u.
I'm on #4 of 6 treatments. So far I haven't lost any inches around the waist. I eat well, drink a lot of water, and exercise 4 times a week. I tried this treatment because despite losing 20 pounds, my tummy area is stubborn and I bought into the promise of reaching stubborn fat. I will do my next 2 treatments but I don't have high hopes.
I've just finished 6 lipo laser treatments in my waist and hip area. I do hot yoga 4-5 times a week and run in between classes. I went from a size 2 to a size 0, lost a total of 8 inches in the love handles and got a waist where I could never get that definition. The technician did tell me that this does not work on men or on women's arms, so that may be why you didn't see treatment?
Zarona did nothing for me, and I did two different sets of twelve treatments and followed the instructions exactly. I just found out I am gluten and lactose intolerant and have lost ten pounds in nine days by avoiding those things. Zarona may work for some... I haven't personally seen it work for ANYONE, but it may. I just know it didn't work for me.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Cosmed clinic-Dr Quiroz (Who is doing my facelift in 18 days eek!!) does abdominal sculpting to create the 6 pack that people like you cannot achieve. I would check it out.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Ab Sculpting / Ab Etching / Vazer / Lazer Lipo is weird. Not sure if you know the specifics of how it's done, but what it is is selective fat removal to create the **LOOK** of a 6-pack. I actually inquired about this procedure from about 7 of the highest rated plastic surgeons I could find in Chicago area, and they all said it was a bad idea. Basically, pockets of fat are left over areas where ab muscles would be if you had a real 6-pack, and fat is removed around it. At first glance, this is fine & dandy, but if you TOUCH the fake ab, it feels like fat. While that may not be that big a deal for some, my greater worry would be IF you eventually gain weight, you run the risk of having very... strange... results on the treated area. As I said, I went ahead and had traditional liposuction done. My results are OK, though the dr. will be correcting some areas missed on my back, "love handles," and possibly toward the bottom of my belly. Still it's a world of difference from before surgery, and I'm happy I did it.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm happy it's working for you, but no need to start your message off with attitude. I followed the instructions both my doctor AND the Zerona instruction sheet he gave me verbatim, including hydration guidelines. Same goes for everyone else I know that tried it out (5 people at 3 different locations). Just out of curiosity, what was your diet like and your physical activity level before starting the program?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

What colour was the Machine and the laser light you were under?
Probably about 2 weeks after signing up, as they were booked til then. 48 hours between treatments, 16 treatments in a row. Followed diet, hydration, exercise, and compression garment instructions. Other than the compression garment, the rest was already part of my regular lifestyle pre-Zerona. ZERO inches down in waist, and he measured throughout, including 3 weeks after final treatment. My chest/lats/back GREW, but that's because I lift a lot of weights/do a lot of push ups, pull ups and chin ups; no fat increase. While he didn't give me my money back, he did give me a total of 10 free treatments, then gave up when he saw it wasn't working. Same for my sister, and same for 3 other friends, though they only had about 6-8 treatments. So it sounds like you switched from walking to running. Your exercise routine has changed. Did you also change your diet/hydration once you started? I'm not trying to take away from your success, I'm happy you're losing inches. Just don't want you to be paying for nothing, when it's more of a lifestyle change than someone shining a light at your trouble-spots.
Can't really recall the color of the machine... black I think? Silver heads, red lazers. Same for my sister. Not sure about my other friends; again, they went to different locations.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

nope def had body fat to lose. look at my before/after lipo pics. Guy was certified, yes. Again, I do believe people have success with Zerona, but I think 90% of the time, it's the lifestyle change that causes it. without going into too much detail, i work a very physical job.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

No. As evidenced by my numerous posts, and username, I wholeheartedly disagree. I think it's a crock.
I'm glad this worked for you, but it clearly does not work for everyone. I drank 1/2 my body weight is strictly water-no flavor, I took the recommended 'Curva" pills twice a day, as recommended. I wore the tight one piece garment for 10 hours a day-every day. I did not drink any caffeine, nor alchol. I took cardio-kickboxing classes for 60 minutes-4-5 days a week. I stayed on a diet free of sugar, salt, flour, non-healthy fats, and only ate lean meats. If I hadn't done the Zerona, I know I would've lost weight. I was doing everything right, however....I gained 2 lbs in the 2 week period. In fact, I had started my diet and exercise 1 week before Zerona, and lost an inch in my waist and 2 lbs. That's where I started. After two weeks with Zerona, I gained 4 lbs (2 lbs more than the month before), but kept my 1 inch waist loss. No other inches were lost. They did give me more Zeronas (though I asked for other procedures instead, which they refused). I felt like if 12 sessions didn't work-100 won't work, either. But, oh well. I did the additional 3 and nothing. Now that I have stopped Zerona, I will continue with diet and exercise and see if my prediction of Zerona being bad for my body is true. I'll write back then. Be wary, but of course, you could be one of those people for whom it works great...and I certainly hope it does for you. Good luck.