Belotero Injection Gone Bad in Tear Troughs for Dark Under Eyes - Arlington Heights, IL

Just like everyone else I decided to see if I...

Just like everyone else I decided to see if I could do something for my constant dark deep under eye circles. I don't want to have surgery because I'm afraid of a surgery to go bad. Went to a doctor in Arlington Heights IL AH aesthetics it's called. The injections were painless and I had no bleeding or bruising but within minutes of the injection I could tell it wasn't going to look very good. They told me to stroke the area gently with a q-tip so I did at the movies with my kids. The next day I looked horrible like the picture. I called immediately and they said it could be normal swelling do I waited 10 days in which I pretty much hid behind a pair of reading glasses. I went back and the doctor said I was the first patient to have this reaction. She called the manufacture and they said 30% off patients are having this same reaction so she injected me with the dissolving stuff and said to come back in a few days to have more dissolved slowly. I immediately noticed the eye bags shrinking but there is still a bit left. I can't wait to have the rest gone I looked much better before this nightmare. I guess this solution is not for me. Luckily she was even nice enough to say she would refund me even though I did not yet get the money in my hand yet. (Maybe they will send a check) either way I'm going to keep asking because to pay for what I got really hurt me. I was so sad for several days looking like this but now I'm hopeful again.

Update

So the doctor wants to dissolve it slowly so she did inject me with hydron...whatever its called. Lol
Immediately after the injection my shopping bags started to go down. Here is after the last one.

here is updated photo

After it was partially dissolved

Eyes after belotero was mostly dissolved

Dr Nisha

Very nice doctor was very apologetic and helpful.

Wow your pictures say everything.  I'm glad you posted your story here, I can't believe 30% of people have a bad reaction?!?!  Wow.  Do you feel like you look like you did before getting the belotero or do you still have some swelling?

Honestly I think its worse now because of the swelling I have creases under my eyes now but its gotten better with use of under eye cream. :(

Hopefully with time they will get back to normal, I'm sorry they haven't yet.  What eye cream do you use?

Hi all so my doctor was very apologetic and dissolved the Belotero for free. She also gave me my money back because it came out so horribly. That was such a relief because it's a lot of money down the drain. I recommend you ask for them to dissolve it for free or you will take your business elsewhere!
Sorry Ill post a picture of now after most was dissolved but there is still some left as they are still slightly puffy and now my eyes look dark and puffy. Thinking about saving for surgery now but still scared to do it.
Hi socavalier, I got Belotero under my eyes like you did and had the same negative reaction. It's been 4 months and I still have bags, which I never had in my life. I hate it. I know you had the injection to dissolve the Belotero. Did it work? Do you feel like there were any lasting effects? Was it expensive to get the Belotero dissolved? THANK YOU.
If I were you I would go back to that doctor and ask to have dissolved immediately! My doctor started dissolving it slowly and it started to go away right away. 4 months wow I could not bare the 3 weeks I had to live like that with those giant pockets under my eyes. Good luck and btw she dissolved it for free and I feel like my eyes are darker now. :(
Sorry for not posting a better after picture it looks much much better now but not quite what it was before. :(
thanks for the post to begin with and thanks for the better photos. the good (no best) news is that its getting better !!!
thanks so much for alerting others. i dont want to sound harsh but is there any way to see a better photo- one of the two is so so so dark i cant manage to make anything out on it. again socavalier, you are doing a service helping and warning others. bless you
i also have a bad look under my eyes, it looks awful,puffy,puffy puffy,and a good waste of money.I called my Dr. who injected me w/belotero and waiting for the stuff that will dissolve it. not only did i bruise for 2 weeks I wasted my time,money and I just hate it. is there any recourse for me?
Have it dissolved right away it worked immediately after she started injecting the dissolving solution! good luck

I am so sorry you had bad reactions to this product. It has been the opposite for me..I have tried restalyne, juvederm and radiesse for under eye hollows all left me swollen, puffy, bruised. Belotero worked beautifully..better than anything I have used in years. Filled hollows (not completely) but about 70 percent difference and this has increased my confidence. also helped minimize crows feet. I would recommend just make sure MD doing injections.

I had the same reaction and have dealt with it since November 2012. The doctor did not want to dissolve it and insisted I ice my eye area. After getting the run around I too just hid behind my glasses. When I get my period it swells up so badly the glasses can't camouflage my shoppers. Really depressing and now that it's been ten months the stuff is naturally dissolving and I can cover them somewhat with makeup. I have never had bags and I have had juevederm prior with flawless results. I think the only thing worse than the bags is the dry wrinkles this injectable creates. Hate it and if I wanted a 1200.00 bag I would have bought a Louis Vuitton!!!
Hi Breekangal111, I feel for you. I'm in the same boat. I regret getting Belotero, as I've had bags under my eyes for the past four months. I worry about it and there aren't many people who've had it over a year to ask. You are actually the first I've seen, so I'm very curious. Did it really and finally resolve for you after a year? Do you feel like you got back to normal?? THANK YOU!
Have it dissolved!
It did! My eyes are back to normal dark but at least not like that! Talk about scary!
I so empathize with you. I find myself in this Belotero situation. And I never even wanted anything done to my eyelid when I went to the doctor!! It has been 2 months of persistent lower eyelid swelling and a vertical puckering which looks like a vertical scar on the middle of my eyelid! It looks like the veins want to pop out of my eyelid! I've lost much of my self-confidence and am very self-conscious--I try to avoid looking people directly now. I was so much happier before this. I was told that Belotero was a "safer" product with less risks than Juvederm! They are wrong. When poorly placed, these products have dire consequences.

Thank you so much for starting your story. Just to make sure, the picture you have posted right now is kind of at the height of the swelling/puffiness, is that correct?

Yes! This was before I was injected with the dissolving stuff.

Ok, that's what I thought, thanks for clarifying. :) I'd love it if you would post a current, partly dissolved picture so we can see the difference the first treatment made.

Can you please post an after. Please!!!
Thank you so much.