Belotero Injection Gone Bad in Tear Troughs for Dark Under Eyes - Arlington Heights, IL

Just like everyone else I decided to see if I...

Just like everyone else I decided to see if I could do something for my constant dark deep under eye circles. I don't want to have surgery because I'm afraid of a surgery to go bad. Went to a doctor in Arlington Heights IL AH aesthetics it's called. The injections were painless and I had no bleeding or bruising but within minutes of the injection I could tell it wasn't going to look very good. They told me to stroke the area gently with a q-tip so I did at the movies with my kids. The next day I looked horrible like the picture. I called immediately and they said it could be normal swelling do I waited 10 days in which I pretty much hid behind a pair of reading glasses. I went back and the doctor said I was the first patient to have this reaction. She called the manufacture and they said 30% off patients are having this same reaction so she injected me with the dissolving stuff and said to come back in a few days to have more dissolved slowly. I immediately noticed the eye bags shrinking but there is still a bit left. I can't wait to have the rest gone I looked much better before this nightmare. I guess this solution is not for me. Luckily she was even nice enough to say she would refund me even though I did not yet get the money in my hand yet. (Maybe they will send a check) either way I'm going to keep asking because to pay for what I got really hurt me. I was so sad for several days looking like this but now I'm hopeful again.

Thank you so much for starting your story. Just to make sure, the picture you have posted right now is kind of at the height of the swelling/puffiness, is that correct?

Yes! This was before I was injected with the dissolving stuff.

Ok, that's what I thought, thanks for clarifying. :) I'd love it if you would post a current, partly dissolved picture so we can see the difference the first treatment made.

Update

So the doctor wants to dissolve it slowly so she did inject me with hydron...whatever its called. Lol
Immediately after the injection my shopping bags started to go down. Here is after the last one.

here is updated photo

After it was partially dissolved
Sorry Ill post a picture of now after most was dissolved but there is still some left as they are still slightly puffy and now my eyes look dark and puffy. Thinking about saving for surgery now but still scared to do it.
Sorry for not posting a better after picture it looks much much better now but not quite what it was before. :(
thanks so much for alerting others. i dont want to sound harsh but is there any way to see a better photo- one of the two is so so so dark i cant manage to make anything out on it. again socavalier, you are doing a service helping and warning others. bless you

Eyes after belotero was mostly dissolved

Wow your pictures say everything.  I'm glad you posted your story here, I can't believe 30% of people have a bad reaction?!?!  Wow.  Do you feel like you look like you did before getting the belotero or do you still have some swelling?

Honestly I think its worse now because of the swelling I have creases under my eyes now but its gotten better with use of under eye cream. :(

Hopefully with time they will get back to normal, I'm sorry they haven't yet.  What eye cream do you use?

Dr Nisha

Very nice doctor was very apologetic and helpful.