Lip Filler

Pros: I had Restylane injected just to outline my...

Pros: I had Restylane injected just to outline my lips from a different physician's office. It was not symmetrical and my lips were not full enough.

This review is regarding the Juvederm filler that I had injected to outline and fill my lips. The result exceeded my expectations! My lips look very natural. They are full and feel totally smooth. There are no lumps or bumps (which I did feel with the Restylane).

Cons: minimal bruising but I am on aspirin daily.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

As I stated in my review about Botox for this same provider, I am a registered nurse and am very particular about the physicians I choose for my care. Dr. Bloom is exceptional on many levels. He is a perfectionist, has an excellent bedside manner, very patient and his technique and results are phenomenal. He does not use a dental block which I was thrilled about; he just uses a topical anesthetic and the two injection sites are done with Lidocaine. I was surprised that is was virtually painless. There was minimal tenderness when the cannula reached the center of my lips. I highly recommend Dr. Bloom!

Glad you were pleased with your results. I am curious, since you went to a different injector, how much had to do with that, and how much was the product itself.

How long had it been since you had the Restylane injected when you had the Juvederm added?

I went to the other provider on 1/30/12 and this was my first experience with a filler of any kind. Upon looking at my lips (still in the chair with the physician present), I had requested more filler to smooth out fine lines within the lips and at this point they were still swollen. After a few days, the swelling subsided and I realized they were asymmetrical. So, I believe the skill of the injector had a lot to do with it. I can't say the Juvederm didn't account for the lack of lumps and bumps, but the natural appearance, fullness, and symmetry are definitely the result of technique, skill and artistic eye.
Addendum to previous reply--the physician did not add any additional filler upon my request and advised that I wait for the swelling to resolve to get the full effect...which ended up being a .thin and asymmetrical upper lip

Very good info for all of us considering fillers. I'm glad you found a good injector! :)