Belotero Under Eyes - Arcadia, CA

I was getting very upset seeing a lot of shadowing...

I was getting very upset seeing a lot of shadowing and fine lines under my eyes (orbital area). I saw a loss of volume, and my skin didn't seem as taut. I went to see what could be done. The Dr recommended Belotero injected under the eyes.
The injections were very uncomfortable and painful. The injection site was through my cheek with a very long flexible needle. I bled quite a bit, but was pretty satisfied with the results. My eye area was bruised and swollen for about a week, and until about a week ago, the area looked a bit overfilled (at least to me it did). However, my makeup is going on smoothly, and I am enjoying not looking too hollow. The only downside is I feel like it took away from my cheeks a bit, but I can always get a bit of Radiesse to fix that issue. ;)

3 months later

I have decided I like the injections below the eye. It filled up the crepey skin under my eyes, and made everything look less hollow. However, if you get this procedure done, be warned that if you cry, or have any reason to get watery eyes... you will have horrible bags under your eyes that take quite a while (hours, possibly a day) to go down. Just something to consider when deciding to fill in the area
Dr Khan Arcadia Medical Spa

Dr Khan is great. Very nice. Takes her time

Thanks for the tip! I had belotero under my eyes back in the fall. I do have indoor and outdoor allergies and notice sometime the filler can seem to get puffed up a bit. But always goes down by the middle part of the day.
That is such an interesting tip, I've never heard that before.  I wonder why?
Thank you. I'm guessing the reason is the normal amount of swelling from crying pushes the filler up? Just a guess. But after crying, you can see the filler pop up in the eye area for a bit. Icing the area helped the swelling go down. :)
Yeah, maybe so.  I bet it has something to do with the salty tears and swelling too.  Maybe the tissue underneath the filler swells and makes it more noticeable.  Who knows!  That would be an interesting question for our Doctor Q&A.
youre so pretty
you look beautiful, but the after pictures are not very good to judge.
Thank you very much. :) I'll try to post more after photos soon

Thanks for sharing!