worth it at 6 weeks, not after 9 months beware of keloid scars

I am 48 years old soon to be 49 (2 mos. away). I...

I am 48 years old soon to be 49 (2 mos. away). I had a breast lift with implants, extended tummy tuck, with lipo to hips and flanks. The whole package! I am very pleased with the results and glad that I went for it. I am still wearing a compression garmet during the day to reduce swelling but it is very minimal. I eat a regular diet and have not really reduced salt intake as some others on this site so that is probably why I still have some swelling. I just had my 6 week po appt. and the doc says that I am doing great.

Glad to hear you are doing well Terri!  The whole package is a great way to go! :)

Yay for success! Thanks for posting your experience here on RealSelf. I think most ladies have swelling at 6 weeks (and beyond) whether or not they eat salt.

My update is much different from my 6 week po...

My update is much different from my 6 week po review.

It is now 9 months po and I regret the tummy tuck.

My belly button is a keloid scar and everyone that sees it cringes. I also have a fat pocket on my right side. The ps said that I need lipo, its a fat pocket. I didn't know that parts of a tummy tuck are not liposuctioned and you can get a fat pocket.

I cannot fit a q-tip into my belly button and it feels like it is still scarring and closing up. The purpose of my TT was to wear a bikini so I am very disappointed.

I wish that I knew that I was prone to scaring before the surgery and steps could have been taken to avoid the keloid belly button.
I would never post comments about a specific patient here or elsewhere, but in a generic and hypothetical scenario if someone had hypertrophic or keloid scarring (from a surgical procedure or injury) I would (and have many times) work with the patient to improve the scarring as best possible. As a plastic surgeon I have many "tools" at my disposal in order to improve hypertrophic and keloid scars. Every patient is warned about the risks of surgery in advance, including poor scarring, and I do not have the luxury/burden of picking who gets good/bad scars. Thankfully, the large majority of patients end up with perfectly acceptable scars. For those who do not, I am willing to work with them to remedy the situation. Thank you.
Just because one is warned it can happen, doesn't mean they want to just suck it up because it looks bad...come on!
Sorry to hear about this. I am 7 1/2 months PO and my tt scar is raised and ugly. I too wish I would have steered clear of TT and my BB is messed up too. Check out my pics and you'll see what I mean.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon