30 Years Old, Much Needed New Belly - Ann Arbor, MI

I'm getting excited. My pre op is on the 19th....

I'm getting excited. My pre op is on the 19th. Seems like all I do is think about what's going to happen, how i'm going to feel and is it going to be worth it!!! Ive done so much research on this. I had a hysterectomy when I was 26 so this will also help get rid of this scar. I'm looking forward to being on the "flat side" again.
Woohoo! Me too! I'm having a TT with Dr Sherick in Ann Arbor at the Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery first week in June. I am super anxious but am trying to remain focused on the outcome. I have two year old twins so I am a little worried about the toll recovery time will take on my husband and family. This site had been a tremendous resource and has really been useful in helping me prepare. I have my pre-op next week. Hopefully my nerves will be more at ease afterwards. How are you holding up?
Cool - that's who's doing my TT - Dr. Sherick!! My twins are 18 months old and I'm a bit worried about the recovery toll also.
Ah! That's crazy! I've been driving Joyce nuts for almost a year, but I've finally committed! You have twins too LOL! Well looks like we're pretty much in the same boat! I think once we pass the two week mark we'll be in good shape. Hope you have family support to help you out with your recovery and taking care of the kids. I have been trying to make lists and have been stocking up on some little toys/games to keep my little ones occupied for the first weeks. In our case, I think since the weather will be warm they can spend a lot of time (and energy) outside. Keep me posted! :)

PO tomorrow!!

Oh i'm getting so nervous!! I'm just trying to remember if I have any questions to ask?? lol

PO Today!

I had my po appt today! Uggh man reading all the scary stuff lol. Makes me excited and nervous!! Only 22 more days. So excited!
If you don't mind me asking, what things/concerns did you bring up with him? Or was it all blur? :)
Well I brought up stuff about the incision opening which really grossed me out lol, umm B/c i've had a hystercomy, I asked if this would make me go into menopause. After those q's It was blurry lol.
Girl I was thinking about you today, yikes you are starting to freak me out! I'll be hearing the same spiel soon. Did Dr Sherick share any positive things to focus on? We need to stay strong! Not joking, I'm going to ask for a chill pill to take the night before my surgery because I know I will be climbing the walls! :)

Time to quit!

Ok i'm 15 days from my surgery. I have to quit smoking cold turkey. Does anyone have any advice on how they quit, and what did you do to help quit? Thanks
I have no advice on how to stop, I'm not a smoker, but I will say yayyy to you and I cause we go on the same day . Yeppie are you ready. I am,just ready to start the healing process. Good luck.

AHHHH!!!!

It's getting so close! I'm 7 days away from surgery. I'm already getting really nervous! I'm trying to quit smoking and boy it's a little stressful! But hey i'm trying. I need all the encouragement I could get. Ahhh so close :)
Welcome and good luck, Doll you need to quit smoking, I know its beyond hard, my hubby went cold turkey 6 months ago, when he had hernia removed, he had to do oxygen afterwards because of lung capacity and depleted O2 levels, your at the starting line up.... good luck make sure you take your iron....Bottoms Up
Hey its almost time for us both to go under the knife are you ready
Tomorrows the day!! Yikes! Good luck!

Nerves!!!

Oh boy nerves are getting to me! I don't even think I have everything. Can someone give me some ideas on what I need? Ahhh so excited.
Omg..just read ur post ! Are u really from Michigan ?? So am I! Anyway, prayn for a safe healthy surgery!! Will b chkn on u later!!!
Yes I am!! Just had my surgery today and feeling great!!!
Good luck tomorrow :) I am so jealous ;) have a great recovery

I made it!!!

Made it to the flat side! Left my house at 7:30am and got there about 8:15. Went back to get my lovely gown on. Took a couple times to get a good vein. Then I started to get really nervous so the Dr. Made his marks and let me have the good stuff. Instead of my surgery being 2 1/2 hours it was 3 1/2 hours long. Did a little more lipo then I wanted but i'm sure i'll be fine. Cant wait to see everything. Thanks so much for all the prayers. Good luck to everyone!
Yay!!! Congrats!!! Please keep us updated so we know how best to support you. When you're up to it, maybe you could post some before and after pics? xo
I will post some when I"m feeling a little more aware lol.

Pics

I just want to rip off my dressings and see what's underneath! I bet you're excited. I got a glimpse of my belly button and incision though :)
I havent seen anything yet! But I can wait lol. How are you feeling?
Woop! Woop! You look awesome! How are you feeling?

Little sore

Well had my surgery was yesterday and went great. It was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours and ended up being 3 1/2 hours. Which I think he did more lipo, which i"m ok with that lol. All in all i'm feeling pretty good. I only came home with one drain instead of 2. But i've only had to empty it one time today. I can't wait to shower tomorrow. Well meds are kicking in again so i'll try to post tomorrow. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers.

Ready for my shower!!!

Oh i'm ready for my shower!! But gotta wait until my hubby gets home from work. Today i've been able to get up on my own, which was one time this morning lol. I'm also feeling really itchy! But other then that i'm feeling pretty good. Just keeping up on the pain pills. I'll try and post pics tonight after my shower!!

Uggh

Sometimes you wonder why you put yourself through this stuff. Just a depressing day. Still in pain. I go see the Dr. on monday. Hoping to get rid of this dumb drain. I think I would feel ten times better if it wasn't there. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Hang in there girl! I'm just one week and a day, and after day four I started to feel like I turned a corner. It will get a little better with each day. The worst is behind you so it will only get better from here on out! How is the smoking situation?
I'm doing pretty good. I started smoking again horrible I know lol, but everythings going pretty good. Awfully itchy! I'm just trying to stay positive. Hope all is well with you.
Hang in there, hopefully he'll remove the drain on Monday. I know Dr. Malhotra gives exparel to his TT patients and I think they said it lasts 3 days. Do you think that's why you're in more pain and more uncomfortable today on day 3? Maybe it's because the exparel wore off. I hope you're able to stay on top of the oral pain meds he gave you. I know I'm going to regret my TT and BA the first several days post surgery based on what everyone else has posted....just remember, everyone says that in the end, it's all worth it - so focus on your flat tummy xo

Finally

Finally got out of the house today! Boy did it feel great, but man it wore me out. I have a Dr Appt tomorrow. I'm really hoping that I get my DT out! This thing is a pain in the butt! I am feeling better everyday! I've seen my new tummy, and it's still pretty swollen but that's to be expected. Hope you all have had a wonderful day!

Pic

Yay for getting out of the house! You look great! Just think, it will get better and better. I'm dreading my first 3 days and will be following your progress : )
It's no piece of cake, but I guess it depends on your pain tolerance. I'm feeling much better and today marks 1 week since my surgery. Good luck!!!
You look wonderful Doll! I no those drains are a pain but getting them out will give you much freedom ! Hang in there I no its an emotional rollercoaster but u will start feeling good soon! Best wishes!!

Drain is out!!

Well Saturday was a rough day a long with Sunday. I was taking a shower and my tube thing dropped out of my hand and hit the ground. Let me tell ya that hurt. Well then it started bleeding from the site where they had inserted it. Then it quit. Sunday it started bleeding again. So yesterday (MONDAY) I had a check up. They took my tube and that is probably the best thing in the world. I almost passed out b/c it put my body in shock which is normal. They took out some of my stitches and they took off my steri strips. That was also a wonderful feeling. I'm feeling much better already. I think once you get that damn drain out you'll be good as gold lol. I did get to see what I look like and I really liked the results. Did a little more lipo then what I wanted but i'm sure it will be worth it. I'm glad I finally turned a corner. I'll post some pics later hopefully and you all can see what I look like. OH I almost forgot. I'M SUPER ITCHY!!!!!
You look great!!! I'm so not looking forward to those drains!! :(
I was lucky and only had one. But they are they biggest pain! The drain really didn't bother me until about 2 days before it came out.

Pic

Night before and 1 week po. Don't mind the mess
Hey girl! We are both recovering at the same time!! I bet we are both feeling the same!! It's getting better everyday huh?? Hope we recover sooner!! Take care!!!
I think we are too! Do you have your drains out? My hole isn't closing. So i'm waiting to hear back on what to do. It's annoying. Hope your feeling great!!
Your stomach looks awesome remember your still swollen so it will go down even more I'm 5 months out and my legs and stomach at times swell pretty bad it's a process but I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Wow!

Laxatives are my best friend! man o man. Make sure you start taking them ASAP!! It's very painful it you don't. Other then that i'm doing purdy good! Hope all is well.
Your after picture looks awesome!!!
Thank you!! Still pretty swollen.

Finally!

Finally got out of the house today!!! It was so exciting yet so tiring. My hubby took me to kohls and I bought a dress! I NEVER wear them. I went from buying XL to Medium! I was too excited. Made my night. But I can feel the swelling, so tomorrow is a low key day. Night!!
Yay!!! Congrats!!!! You look great and I can only imagine how you felt shopping. Just think how many more times you'll get to feel like that! Wooohoooo!!!
Shopping was tiring lol. I'll be glad when I can shop without getting tired.

Not sure

So today I was able to buy a new binder/spanx and I'm not to sure on how I feel about it. Kind of tight but i'm sure i'll get used to it. I feel bloated and feel like I did this surgery for nothing. Hoping things change.

depressing

Ugh feels like I did all of this for nothing!! My stomach is swelling and look like I did before the surgery. I know I'm probably being impatient but I don't like this..
I'm so sorry to hear that, what did your PS say about it?
Said it could last for 3 months. It sucks. Thought I'd be feeling much better by now. I've just gotta take it slow.
That sucks. I'm extremely impatient and know that I'll have a tough time going through all the recovery pain and not seeing immediate results. Well, I guess we need to trust our PS - hang in there - 3 months may fly by

3 weeks...

Wow it's been 3 weeks since i've had my surgery. I'm getting better everyday. But i'm swollen on one side still but i'm dealing with it. I still have scabs so i'm not able to do scar treatment yet. I still can't believe I had this done. I'll post some pics later, i'm being lazy haha.

4 weeks

Tuesday will mark 4 weeks since my surgery, and honestly I'm not happy. My right side is still swollen and really hard. I still have scabs so therefore I cannot do any scar treatment. Anyone else going through this?? It's making it very hard to stay positive.

Pics 4 weeks PO

Tomorrow eill be my 1 month anniversary. I'm still super swollen, more on my left side. I still have one drain in. I'm happy with my results. I'm still walking hunched. My back is killing me. But I'm happy, I'm happy no regrets. It'll get better just hang in their be positive. I too look huge but hey time tell... Happy healing and stay positive.
Thankyou! Glad i'm not the only one who's still swollen lol. I can stand straighter, I wish they would of kept the drain in. Oh well. I don't have any regrets I don't think lol. I'm trying to stay postive.

Finally!!!

Finally get to start scar treatment!! Went and had a check up today and everything is going great. He wants me to get a massage to help with some build up on my right side. Thinks that will help. I can go swimming now. I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can go back to a regular workout. I don't have to go back for 6 months. Here's some pics of the scar treatment.
Hi! It looks like you're healing well! We are both healing at the same time! I'm still swollen as well. There are days that I feel it more than others. I have my checkup on Monday. The only thing I don't like so far is my belly button. I think it's too big, but I will ask them about it on Monday. Happy healing!! :)
I love my BB!! lol. I seriously hate the swelling. My Dr told me that as long as I wear my binder for the next couple months I'll feel much better. Otherwise he said it would feel like it's thanksgiving EVERY day lol. Happy healing to you too!

2 months!

Wow it's been 2 months since my surgery! Still seeing results and loving it. Had my massage and that really seemed to help. I'll post pics later. Happy Healing
Can't wait to see pics! I am scheduled with Dr. malhotra on Sept. 11th. I was dreading to read your update in case you had a bad experience.....getting so nervous!
He is wonderful!!! A friend of mine is going for a consultation with him on the 28th. Best hands down. What are you getting done?
Tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction to abdomen, flanks and bra roll. Wanted a breast lift too but he said he won't do that long of a surgery anymore which is understandable. Glad to hear the good review!

2 months

You look great! How are you feeling now?
I'm feeling so much better!! I went to the drs a week or so ago and said I still have swelling but that it's fine down a lot. Still seeing results.
That is awesome! I am starting to get really nervous....

3 months

Wow it's been 3 months. Still have some swelling. But I'm feeling pretty confident now. So glad I got the surgery.
You look Great! Your Pre-op was on my Bday :) lol Have a Beautiful Weekend!
Dr. Malhotra

Such a wonderful doctor! He called to ask how I was doing lastnight. Can't wait to see all of my results. Wonderful guy. The ladies in the office are all caring and they just make you feel like your at home.