Unhappy With Results - Ann Arbor, MI

My best friend lives in MI & we both decided...

My best friend lives in MI & we both decided to get nose jobs. At my consultation with Dr. Maholtra, I CLEARLY explained I wanted a dramatic change. I am African-American & wanted a thinner bridge & pointy tip. Of course he yessed me to death, I paid & had the surgery done. After looking at the same nose post surgery, I called & voiced my concerns. The staff told me it would take up to a year to notice a change. A year came & I was still stuck with the same nose! So I went to a surgeon in Beverly Hills & had a revision, which is what I should've done initially! The best surgeons practice in Beverly Hills for a reason! Don't get me wrong, Maholtra is nice, but I'd rather a rude surgeon that got the job done!

Front view May 2013

March 2011

About my pictures

Please do not be distracted by the hair, make up & cleavage. I'm focusing STRICTLY on my nose. It is indeed crooked & I'd it needs to be a tad thinner & pointier.

How I'm doing...

Some days I like my nose, some days I hate it. It's not how I want it, and I plan one day soon to have it fixed. For now, this is the nose I have, and it's not a horrible nose by any stretch of the imagination. I just know what it could be. I don't respond to questions that have been answered numerous times...like "what surgeons did you go to?" Any relevant questions, I'm more than happy to answer. Good day all! xo
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

My best friend

It must be quite hard to show a surgeon what you want because all the pictures are on someone else's face, for instance 'pointy' is such a subjective term. I think of a pointy nose as being something a witch has, for instance. I can only hope you get exactly what you want or can learn to like what you have. As long as you accept the risks in another surgery and are prepared for them then it's entirely up to you what you do. I know I wouldn't want a bit of dead person on my face though!
I LOVE your nose. I want something dramatic as well.
You're very pretty. At first glance I was thinking "what's wrong with this girl her nose is perfect"! But I guess after looking closely I can see what you're referring to. Regardless of what everyone including me thinks you should definitely do what makes you happy and if you believe you would be even prettier with a different nose go for it! I also want a very DRAMATIC change. Narrow bridge, smaller nostrils, pointier and upturned tip. I think your nose looks amazing but I completely understand why you're not satisfied. Although you look amazing you have every right to be displeased. Especially if you explained to the doctor in detail exactly what you wanted. Best of luck to you gorgeous!
I love her pictures, she's so pretty and looks like a celebrity.
Could you post a picture of the nose you want? Did you get a second revision rhinoplasty?
Wow hun, your nose looks amazing, the final result is superb. I do understand what you were saying about the crookedness, but post revision looks great. Enjoy your new look.
Wow your nose is so Nice! You are beautyful
I LOVE YOUR NOSE! Girl work that nose out! I might have to get mines done!! Thanks for the post!
You look so pretty
Would you recommend Dr. Aharanov for a rhinoplasty based on your experience?
I know in your information you state that asking about surgeons is redundant, but I don't see where you mention the doctor you saw for your revision in Beverly Hills? I mean it honestly looks great and the reason I am inquiring is because there are a few doctors I have contacted for consultations in Beverly Hills, just can't quite decide on which one
To be honest with you I think you are over thinking things way too much. You are by far one of the prettiest girls I have seen before and I think you look amazing as you are now. I spent ages staring at that photo of you with the "crooked" nose and just can't see any form of crookedness whatsoever! Please don't overdo it and get more revision done because you will spoil the beauty of your nose.
To be honest with you, I think you're being way too obsessive about it! You are my far one of the prettiest girls that I have ever seen and I think your new nose looks fabulous. Been staring at that photo with the "crooked" nose and just can't see any kind of crookedness whatsoever. I know it may be hard for you to believe, but you are simply stunning as you are right now. Please don't do anything drastic and get more work done to spoil the amazing results you have now.
You nose looks great check out my nose My nose is terrible. I wished I lived where you lived to try your doctor. I am in the process right now of raising funds to pay for my nose job I can't pay for it and college =/ but i am praying one day my dream of a new nose will be a reality. Your look fab. I would change anything else=] http://www.gofundme.com/56sz6k
Your nose looks amazing. Where did get your dimple done a though...they look really nice. You are beautiful!
O.O your nose looks great!..post a new pic?

How are you feeling about your nose at this point?

I THINK YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!
embrass your african features, don't get any more work done, you don't want to start looking like a tranny. Your beautiful black nubian princess. I changed my mind about getting my nose done, if folks don't appreciate my african features hell with them. I'm not changing my face because of american version of beauty. I'm staying all natural on the face.
Erm by no means do I know much about nose jobs in fact today is the first time I'm considering it for myself I have a cute nose thinking well wen you start off good it only gets better right? Anyways back to your nose lol, I do kinda see the "crooked" but I wouldn't have seen it had you not mentioned It in fact I only saw It in. One of your pics plus I had to squint lol. Your current nose suits you far better than what you were born with. But you seem to be obsessing when you already beautiful, a nose (any kind of face surgery) is not something u want to overdo, at leaste with the body if it goes wrong you can wear clothes but with the face your only option is a mask and it would be a real shame to cover up all that pretty because u were obsessing over a nose and not dealing with the real underlying issues you may have. (Not saying u do just tryna tell u get over it already ur cute u dnt wanna regret it later/ find a new hobby lol)
That nose is fabulous girl, it is not crooked, you look great, I like the results
Wait what your nose looks nice
honestly, I don't think the first nose job looked that bad. your tip was close to your face to start with, and it is much easier to Deproject a tip rather than project it, especially with weak tip structures, which is common in ethnic skin. since you have a nice strong face structure, a nose that is really thin would make your face have distorted proportions.
I would love to have your nose. You are so beautiful!
You look absolutely beautiful. My favorite photo is the one in the black, followed by the one in the orange. Where did you get your eye brows tattoo? Also, do I need to shave my real brow if I wanted to get it done or can I keep the hair?