Unhappy With Results - Ann Arbor, MI

My best friend lives in MI & we both decided...

My best friend lives in MI & we both decided to get nose jobs. At my consultation with Dr. Maholtra, I CLEARLY explained I wanted a dramatic change. I am African-American & wanted a thinner bridge & pointy tip. Of course he yessed me to death, I paid & had the surgery done. After looking at the same nose post surgery, I called & voiced my concerns. The staff told me it would take up to a year to notice a change. A year came & I was still stuck with the same nose! So I went to a surgeon in Beverly Hills & had a revision, which is what I should've done initially! The best surgeons practice in Beverly Hills for a reason! Don't get me wrong, Maholtra is nice, but I'd rather a rude surgeon that got the job done!

Front view May 2013

March 2011

About my pictures

Please do not be distracted by the hair, make up & cleavage. I'm focusing STRICTLY on my nose. It is indeed crooked & I'd it needs to be a tad thinner & pointier.

How I'm doing...

Some days I like my nose, some days I hate it. It's not how I want it, and I plan one day soon to have it fixed. For now, this is the nose I have, and it's not a horrible nose by any stretch of the imagination. I just know what it could be. I don't respond to questions that have been answered numerous times...like "what surgeons did you go to?" Any relevant questions, I'm more than happy to answer. Good day all! xo
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

My best friend

Wow I just got my nose done by that same dr. And I feel my tip is still round
Not to be rude if you havent but have you had a breast augmentation? If so who was your surgeon? Im looking to get it done sometime this year and also ethnic rhinoplasty. I would like to find a surgeon that is qualified to do both.
Stunning! Who was the beverly hills doctor you went to to get that beautiful nose?
Who was your Beverly Hills Doctor? I want a drastic change. So many doctors won't do a drastic change. They want your nose to look similar to its original shape. Can you please help?
I love ur nose & u are very pretty. I also want to get my nose done & think I want dramatic change.
I want something dramatic as well. I just wanted to know if the nose is all the work you had done? I ask because sometimes they ask if you want chin implant. If so, I'm definitely getting mine done. My nose looks like your before pic. Thanks for your post. Although you aren't extremely happy with your end results, I think its beautiful. Look forward to your response.
It must be quite hard to show a surgeon what you want because all the pictures are on someone else's face, for instance 'pointy' is such a subjective term. I think of a pointy nose as being something a witch has, for instance. I can only hope you get exactly what you want or can learn to like what you have. As long as you accept the risks in another surgery and are prepared for them then it's entirely up to you what you do. I know I wouldn't want a bit of dead person on my face though!
I LOVE your nose. I want something dramatic as well.
You're very pretty. At first glance I was thinking "what's wrong with this girl her nose is perfect"! But I guess after looking closely I can see what you're referring to. Regardless of what everyone including me thinks you should definitely do what makes you happy and if you believe you would be even prettier with a different nose go for it! I also want a very DRAMATIC change. Narrow bridge, smaller nostrils, pointier and upturned tip. I think your nose looks amazing but I completely understand why you're not satisfied. Although you look amazing you have every right to be displeased. Especially if you explained to the doctor in detail exactly what you wanted. Best of luck to you gorgeous!
I love her pictures, she's so pretty and looks like a celebrity.
Could you post a picture of the nose you want? Did you get a second revision rhinoplasty?
Wow hun, your nose looks amazing, the final result is superb. I do understand what you were saying about the crookedness, but post revision looks great. Enjoy your new look.
Wow your nose is so Nice! You are beautyful
I LOVE YOUR NOSE! Girl work that nose out! I might have to get mines done!! Thanks for the post!
You look so pretty
Would you recommend Dr. Aharanov for a rhinoplasty based on your experience?
I know in your information you state that asking about surgeons is redundant, but I don't see where you mention the doctor you saw for your revision in Beverly Hills? I mean it honestly looks great and the reason I am inquiring is because there are a few doctors I have contacted for consultations in Beverly Hills, just can't quite decide on which one
To be honest with you I think you are over thinking things way too much. You are by far one of the prettiest girls I have seen before and I think you look amazing as you are now. I spent ages staring at that photo of you with the "crooked" nose and just can't see any form of crookedness whatsoever! Please don't overdo it and get more revision done because you will spoil the beauty of your nose.
To be honest with you, I think you're being way too obsessive about it! You are my far one of the prettiest girls that I have ever seen and I think your new nose looks fabulous. Been staring at that photo with the "crooked" nose and just can't see any kind of crookedness whatsoever. I know it may be hard for you to believe, but you are simply stunning as you are right now. Please don't do anything drastic and get more work done to spoil the amazing results you have now.
You nose looks great check out my nose My nose is terrible. I wished I lived where you lived to try your doctor. I am in the process right now of raising funds to pay for my nose job I can't pay for it and college =/ but i am praying one day my dream of a new nose will be a reality. Your look fab. I would change anything else=] http://www.gofundme.com/56sz6k
Your nose looks amazing. Where did get your dimple done a though...they look really nice. You are beautiful!
O.O your nose looks great!..post a new pic?

How are you feeling about your nose at this point?

I THINK YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!
embrass your african features, don't get any more work done, you don't want to start looking like a tranny. Your beautiful black nubian princess. I changed my mind about getting my nose done, if folks don't appreciate my african features hell with them. I'm not changing my face because of american version of beauty. I'm staying all natural on the face.