Fractional CO2 - Altoona, PA

I am a 46 year old female with mild wrinkles...

I am a 46 year old female with mild wrinkles around the eyes and deeper wrinkles on the forehead and nasal fold area and some moderate acne scarring. The procedure was not painful but uncomfortable, I had facial burning for approximately 24 hours.

The worst part was the intense itching that started on day 3 and lasted for about a week and a half! I used Cetaphil cleanser 3x a day and Augaphor moisturizer for 4 days and then Eucerin moisturizer with an spf of 30 daily.

I had the procedure done in the late afternoon on a Thursday and went back to work on Monday; my face was still fairly swollen and remained so for about 1 week 2 days. I did not wear makeup for about 2 weeks. The overall texture and tone of my skin improved greatly but I dont notice much improvement in scarring or wrinkles. Today is day 26 post laser....still waiting for more improvement! The deeper wrinkles on my forehead feel much smoother but appear to look the same. I plan to have a 2nd fractional co2 procedure for an additional $500.00 sometime in January.

I am 6 weeks post laser and continue to see...

I am 6 weeks post laser and continue to see improvement in tone and texture. I love not needing to wear makeup!!! Still very little improvement in reduction of scarring and wrinkles....still hoping!! Second procedure scheduled for March 7th!

Had my 2nd fractional CO2 yesterday. Dr was a bit...

Had my 2nd fractional CO2 yesterday. Dr was a bit more aggressive this time around as I healed nicely after the first procedure. So far, I have less swelling than the 1st go around but I am staying in an upright position as much as possible! I am starting to itch which is driving me crazy! I took a week off work this time hoping I will appear somewhat normal when I return. I had the 1st procedure done on a Thursday afternoon and went back to work on Monday but I was still pretty swollen. I am gently washing with Cetaphil 3 x a day and applying the post procedure cream (very thick goop). Tomorrow I will begin applying Augaphor when at home and a lighter moisturizer if I need to go out in public. I am taking Benadryl for the itching but get minimal relief however, it makes me sleepy so I probably dont notice the itching as much. I will continue to update as the weeks progress.

Dr Fanny Louton

Dr F educated me on the pros and cons of the different procedures pertaining to my concerns and was realistic with the outcomes. She was available anytime I contacted the office with questions and was a pleasure to work with!

hello, iam happy to know this experience that you are sharing, thank you. do you know what level of intensity did your doctor use the first and second time?
any tips on which procedure works best for under-eye bags?

We have an Eye Bags Treatment community that you might want to check out, sherih. :)

Did you have CO2 laser resurfacing? I am wondering because the cost was very cheap compared to what others have paid. There are different types of lasers, so just wondering if you could be more specific. Thanks !
Yes, I had the Matrix CO2 laser resurfacing. I have noticed the cost varies greatly depending on where you live.

Hi rk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I have heard, based on other community member reviews, that you need almost 3 full procedures before you start to notice full results. From what others said after your second procedure in January you should start seeing results on your wrinkles. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,