Mommy Makerover Plus Rhinoplasty/septoplasty - Orlando, FL

I'm only 4 days post surgery and I'm very please...

I'm only 4 days post surgery and I'm very please with the results already. I was surprised and relieved at how little pain I felt after day 2. I just assumed it would be at least a week or so given the tummy tuck incision. I have yet to experience any complications of any kind. By the beginning of day 4, I began only taking the Arnica for bruising and the antibiotics. As good as the results look already, I'm ecstatic at how good it will all look in two months from now.

My external nasal splint came off on day three and the nurse responded within five minutes with detailed instructions. Very efficient and professional. I'm having an excellent experience overall. I'll try to get some photos uploaded soon.

HI! Welcome to the road to recovery. I had a septo/rhino done and that was some awful pain! Hope your healing goes smoothly!

Interesting procedure combo! I'm glad you're doing so well. Did you get breast work done too (which is part of the mommy makeover treatment), or a TT plus rhinoplasty only. And I don't mean ONLY only. Because that's a lot. :)

It's been 3 months and overall healing is normal...

It's been 3 months and overall healing is normal and improving. I've been dealing with a bout of depression for the past few weeks and sometimes it's hard just getting through the day without feeling overwhelmed. I'm glad I researched this phase of recovery. With my tummy tuck, I don't like the wavy appearance; however, I have gained about 10 lbs since the surgery from staying too sedentary. I'm hoping the brown spots on the sides of tummy scar will dissipate eventually. I've been told that they will.

My nose is at about 60% functionality compared to my other nostril. I had thought the airway would be fully open once the swelling went down. That was not the case with me. I'm hoping that it will continue to expand to improve breathing. It appears slightly eschewed but being able to breathe was my first priority.

My breasts are not as high as I had expected, but I had excess skin and chose not to get a lift in addition to the implants. I did one size up and I'm very happy with the size I have now.

My biggest problem has been ongoing depression. There have been outside factors, as well as all that is involved with recovery from surgery and that has made me more critical of myself, emotional, and frustrated. My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer recently and is refusing Chemo as an optional treatment. I just discovered my partner of 5 yrs has cheated on my for the second time in 1 1/2 yrs. But what bothers me more than the betrayal is his lack of remorse, regret and commitment. Overwhelming. Lastly my youngest child is a Senior in school and will be soon leaving the nest. That seems to have me the most upset for some reason. It will be ok; I know this. And I do realize this is so trivial compared to what some people have to deal with in their lives. I am trying hard to keep a gratitude attitude. It's just not easy sometimes.
Wow! You have put your body physically through quite a bit over the last few mos plus emotionally....don't let it stack up on you mentally. I know it's easier said then done. Talk to your doc @ anti-depression possibilities in the meantime because it can affect your outcome. You've come too far to turn back now. Your TT is looking good and Rhino looks great...you just need some TLC and maybe a good short term goal to get you moving in the right direction. Just know you were so strong to do in the first place, so you are definitely strong enough to keep going!!
hola. and chica ; sorry to hear so much your goin thru..and your dr.did a GREAT job imo.thank you for sharing and lastly: just do not fret(get yourself depress over such guy who IMO can't be called a man let alone a REAL man most important. just focus on your new flat sexi stomach.i can't wait to get mine down in few months,and i PRAY your mother get better,i really do,and i pray for all else fretting you,god speed.reach me anytime for support. adios. ~ *Sexi Flat Stomach Certified* 2013 ~

Ten Months

Well I've gone through alot of stress and depression in the last 6 months. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January and passed away on Valentines Day. The family ended up acting like vultures and it still continues. Probate isn't until November. I've basically just stayed in bed and shut out the world; and, I've gained a good 35-40 lbs in the process. I guess I messed up my tummy tuck but, it is what it is. My nose is still crooked and I still can't breath very well out of it. I now snore but that could very well be the weight gain. I've never been this size in my life. There are constant 'crusties' that I have to blow out a good 3-4 times a day or they will completely block my nasal passages. I don't know if this is part of the healing process. It doesn't hurt; it's just an annoyance. The biggest aggrevation is that the last three Dr visits for follow-ups were suppose to be with Dr Poole, not his nurse. Each time I'm told that I'll see Dr Poole on the NEXT appointment. I've repeatedly stated that my nose isn't as open as I thought it would be and that it's any straighter than it was prior to the surgery. My nose was examined for the very first time this past visit a few days ago (10 months after surgery). The 2nd and 3rd follow-up I was told that it was part of the hearling process.This last visit, the nurse said that it could be built up scar tissue causing the blockage and the crookedness. I told her AGAIN that it has looked this way since right after surgery as well as the blockage. Look at the photos. Lesson in this: careful what you wish for, there's no such thing as perfect and I should be more grateful instead of nitpicking. I'll get there...eventually.

10 months

Well I've gone through alot of stress and depression in the last 6 months. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January and passed away on Valentines Day. The family ended up acting like vultures and it still continues. Probate isn't until November. I've basically just stayed in bed and shut out the world; and, I've gained a good 35-40 lbs in the process. I guess I messed up my tummy tuck but, it is what it is. My nose is still crooked and I still can't breath very well out of it. I now snore but that could very well be the weight gain. I've never been this size in my life. There are constant 'crusties' that I have to blow out a good 3-4 times a day or they will completely block my nasal passages. I don't know if this is part of the healing process. It doesn't hurt; it's just an annoyance. The biggest aggrevation is that the last three Dr visits for follow-ups were suppose to be with Dr Poole, not his nurse. Each time I'm told that I'll see Dr Poole on the NEXT appointment. I've repeatedly stated that my nose isn't as open as I thought it would be and that it's not any straighter than it was prior to the surgery. My nose was examined for the very first time this past visit a few days ago (10 months after surgery). The 2nd and 3rd follow-up I was told that it was part of the healing process.This last visit, the nurse said that it could be built up scar tissue causing the blockage and the crookedness. I told her AGAIN that it has looked this way since right after surgery as well as the blockage. Look at the photos. Lesson in this: careful what you wish for, there's no such thing as perfect and I should be more grateful instead of nitpicking. I'll get there...eventually.
So sorry, for everything going on in your life right now! Good luck with your ps! Happy healing
You look soooo beautiful! !! I love your gorgeous green eyes. Im praying for you.
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

I did a great deal of research when choosing my doctor and Dr. David Poole came with very high recommendations.He did a breast augmentation on a friend of mine that was very natural looking. I don't think I could have found a better surgeon to perform my procedures. He gave me clear and concise expectations and answered all of my questions.