Dermaceutic Spot Peel - Altamonte Springs, FL

I got dermal melasma after the birth of my twin...

I got dermal melasma after the birth of my twin girls 4yrs ago which was progressively getting blotchier while my skin and complextion took an overall nose dive. I bit the bullet on July 2012 & spent $300 on a VI Peel. It was a complete waste. My skin showed no improvement whatsoever. I had zero results. My esthetician (in a Plastic Surgeon's office) told me about the Spot Peel & suggested that I should be their test client. I did a ton of research on my own and on Sept 2012 I did it. LOVE the results! I had a follow up peel Nov 2012 and I keep looking better. The blotches reduced by about 80%; pores minimized; skin is clean, clear, refreshed glowing. I'm no longer piling on concealer with mortar-type foundation to hide. I walk holding my head high again. I'm a happy Mommy now.

Further to my update, I also wanted to state that...

Further to my update, I also wanted to state that you are given product kit in which you are responsible for continuing your peel and appropriately taking care of your skin for the next 30 days. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS if you are serious about receiving optimal results. I do plan to do another peel or two this year.
Thomas Fiala, MD

Is this peel anything like Cosmelan? I just did the Cosmelan in November for the 4th time over a five yr period and it didn't work. Now on hq 8% and im not responding to that.. is this peel is as expensive as cosmelan? I live in sunny ca
Hi Sunblock13. I posted my comment below responding to your Cosmelan question. I hope it's helpful.

So glad you found a peel that worked well for you! Since its called "Spot peel" do they just treat the spots that are bothersome or is the entire face treated?

The proper name for the peel is the Dermaceutic Spot Peel by PrecisionSkinMD www(dot)precisionmdskin(dot)com/dermaceutic This was like any other peel where they degreased my skin, treated the entire face with the chemical solution and then just went over darker pigmented areas that need extra lightening, in my case it's dermal melasma located in the middle of my forehead and lower cheek areas. I want everyone to understand that I didn't just jump on this peel because it was suggested that I should give it a try. I did an enormous amount of research, including reading about the product, watching the process on youtube and contacting med spas located everywhere from California to Canada and the UK. Everyone responded and they were very informative and indicated they had great client results. I also want to say that it has been 4 months since initially having this peel and even though my skin has much improved since having this peel, it isn't a magic potion in a bottle. My melasma much lighter and my skin condition is better than anything I had tried to date but I will have to probably continue to do peels one or two times a year, especially since I live in Florida and staying out of the sun is not an option. I hope this information is helpful and good luck to everyone who is considering this peel.
I'm considering doing this as well and I was wondering, can you go over how the process went for you? Like how red were you after the peel? How many days did the redness last? How many days did you peel for? I read that they give you products to use at home for the month after the treatment. Can you talk a little bit more about that as well?
It was a fairly easy process since I had an unsuccessful VI Peel and pretty much knew what to expect. It was about 5-7 days of peeling, I believe the majority was on day 3. I've had a total of 3 spot peels to date. My skin was only reddish for about 5 days. My skin was certainly improved for a while but like I mentioned above, it's not a magic potion and you have to continue to do this 2-4 times per year for lasting results, which I can't afford to do. Basically be realistic about the results. My melisma has certainly lightened and no one notices unless I point it out. I can cover it with make up now, which I was unable to do before without looking like frosting on a cake. With this peel, there is cleansing of the area/face to be treated, the application of the peel and finally, only in certain cases, neutralization. I left my peel on overnight hoping to get deepened results. During this time try to stay out of the sun as much as you can. I live in Florida so it wasn't easy to avoid the sun but I did try to stay home as much as I could. You should also avoid hot showers and steamy dishwashers, otherwise you will damage your skin. The take home products are fairly easy (1) Foamer 15 cleanser; (2) Hyal-ceutic lotion, daily moisturizer packed with hyaluronic acid which you use after the peel (3) Spot Peel lotion - to be used AFTER you completed peeling and used at night time for continued peeling/lightening; and (4) K-Ceutic lotion which you use right away and gently apply to soothe/repair peeling skin. Because it contains shea butter, it was too heavy for my face (but great for my neck and décolleté), so I mixed it with water to avoid facial breakouts. It was not painful - more of an inconvenience during those 2-7 days of peeling. I have had no adverse reactions. I am glad I did it, because it has lightened my melasma, but I haven't turned into Snow White from this peel either. wink wink I hope I answered your questions. Good Luck and let me know how it worked out!
The Dermaceutic Spot Peel is now owned by a company called PrecisionMD. I can certainly answer questions based on my own personal experience but you can also check their website at: http://www.precisionmdskin.com/15-in-office-spot-treatments-and-15-homecare-systems.html
Hi. I never personally had a Cosmelan peel done but I think the process is similar. I live in Florida so I understand how hard it is to avoid the sun. With the Spot Peel, you have to treat the dark areas for about a month with the take-home products after you finish peeling and it gets lighter with time. I had 4 peels done within a year and although my melasma did not permanently go away, it is much lighter. It's recommended that you continuously do peels approx. every 4-6 months but I can't afford it. I also used Obagi and it also lightened my dark areas but not permanently. Now I just try to best control it using SkinCeuticals 1.0 Retinol every other night, along with their CF Phloretin and Pigment Regulator. I am a little nervous about continuing with an HQ product due to all of the controversy so I quit using it. I also do weekly facials on myself using fruit acids, like rubbing an orange or grapefruit and pineapple which are loaded with Vitamin C and an enzyme called Bromelain which are used in all of these skin lightener products. Then I apply a mask using full fat plain yogurt, which is a lactic acid. I figure since all of these products have these acids in them anyway, I just get it right from the source. I hope some of my input is helpful to you and believe me, I know how big of a struggle having dark spots is. Good Luck and I hope things work out well for you.
HI peepseegl, thank u for ur prompt response..how much did the peel cost? Also, how were u results months after? With my experience with Cosmelan my spots came back after two months
Hi Sunblock13. In Central Florida my peels cost about $300 each. Guessing from your reaction to the chemical peels, your melasma may be similar to mine, meaning it's dermal melasma. We are affected in the deep layers of our skin and possibly may never completely eliminate the dark patches. Initially my melasma lightened slowly but quite nicely to about 80% gone. A short time later, guessing 4-6 months, it was getting noticeable again. Since I do not get the peels regularly and although it's still lighter than before I had any peels done, I would say I'm at about 40%. Personally, I am glad I did it but I think I'm done with the whole chemical peel process. I find my skin to be much more "reactive" since having the peels. Meaning, anything that touches my face, my skin initially turns reddish then slowly gets back to its normal shade. I wouldn't say it's sensitive, but it just responds differently after having the peels. I now just continuously treat the melasma using glycolic/aha cleanser daily for mild exfoliation, a retinol to speed up cell turnover, incorporating lightening agents to correct/treat and stay diligent with high SPF for the rest of my life. Best Wishes to you!
By the way, I want to add that I also had microdermabrasion treatments which left my skin nice, but did not make a stitch of difference on the melasma. Also, during my research to find the "golden cure", one facility suggested they had good results on patients using a Q-Switched YAG laser for melasma. Although I believe them, I will never do it for fear of an adverse reaction to a laser treatment. Just in my own personal fear.
Although I paid $300, I did my peels 2yrs ago and I'm not sure if the cost is different now.