So Far So Good.... - Alpharetta, GA

I had full face (forehead through mid throat) done...

I had full face (forehead through mid throat) done two days ago. I am 51 years old with a little sagging in the brow, slight marionette beginning, the beginning of a jowl, and the beginning of vertical neck lines. It was a very professionally-done experience (both doctor and office staff). The doctor answered all my questions (and I asked a lot). He showed me his own results (not the pictures from the ulthera site which happened with another consult). A few of the results he showed were 'home runs' but he also showed ones with subtle changes - which I thought was prudent reasonably sets expectations. He made a serious effort to differentiate between this more subtle procedure and a full facelift. I would not plan to go anywhere immediately after this. He used full nerve blocks on the face and it took several hours to wear off. Additionally, the nerve blocks caused temporary swelling in a couple places. He was concerned about my comfort during the procedure. I feel the nerve blocks were needed. In a couple places on my temple area the pain was a very brief 6 to 7 (on 0-10 pain scale) and that was with a complete face nerve block. But it only lasted a couple seconds. I would not have this done without nerve blocks. It was quite comfortable and do-able with the blocks. Unlike some posters, I was not able to see immediate results because there was swelling from the nerve block injections. Two days out I have slight swelling from the procedure itself. My upper lip is slightly (one millimeter) swollen on one side). My marionette lines are less on that side than the other side so I do not know how much this is related to swelling. This is very subtle and I could go to work without standing out. However someone might notice I have a swollen lip. I have not noticed a lift in the brow or the jowl/jaw line yet. There is a very slight decrease in platysma lines on the neck. My next update in a month will be more informative because all the swelling will be gone by then and it will be clearer if procedure-based changes are happening.

It is 1.5 weeks out and the swelling is gone. It...

It is 1.5 weeks out and the swelling is gone. It is clear to me that the marionette lines are less. I have not seen a difference in the neck yet. The brow looks slightly raised. I had Titan done 5 years ago and it had NO effect at all. I am pleased that this has shown some results 1.5 weeks into recovery. I hope it it just taking a while on the neck...
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

I was pleased with how I was treated. I have not gone through the follow up process so I did not want to give a low mark. There should be an n/a for that on the questionnaire since so many people write soon after their procedure and do not yet know about the follow-up care.

Now that it has been 3 months it looks like it has been a subtle improvement. It has not been a substantial change, however, I have also lost 8 pounds in 3 months so I dont know how much more skin I would have if I had not had the uthera done. I believe there was an improvement - but subtle. Whether it was "worth it" has more to do with whether you have $3,500 for a subtle improvement.
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I would rather put my money towards a more guaranteed improvement.
I have just gone for a consultation and am curious, now that it is early April, How satisfied you are with the results? Do you feel it was worth the cost? Some of the before and after photos I was shown did not show a marked difference so I was curious if you a seeing a substantial change.

Glad to hear you are seeing some results with this treatment. Fingers crossed you start to see results on your neck as well!

We have a TITAN community, since you mentioned you had tried it I'd love for you to review your experience with that procedure as well.

Thanks for sharing how much you felt the nerve block helped. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you are doing as the swelling continues to go down. :)