Save Your Hard Earned Money - Alpharetta, GA

I do NOT recommend Liposonix to ANYONE. I had to...

I do NOT recommend Liposonix to ANYONE. I had to travel almost 4 hours away to the closest location that could perform the procedure. All of my initial consultations were by phone & email. After seeing my photos and getting my measurements, they advised that the procedure would cost anywhere from $2400-$4000. Upon arriving for my appointment, they told me I was the "perfect candidate" for the procedure, but that it was going to cost the top dollar amount quoted to achieve the results I wanted. After driving that far and being told I was "perfect" for the results I desired, I agreed.

The procedure started out with a tech taking my measurements with a paper measuring tape acquired from the IKEA home store (I kid you not, she was proud of the fact!) Next, they had me swallow one pill & chew up another green one. I have no idea what it was, but it knocked me out like a light. It was literally like I was in & out of conscienceousness.

I remember 2 techs holding me balanced up against a wall - next thing I remember was lying on a table with stinging sensations in my stomach. I probably woke up about 10-15 times during the entire procedure only to pass back out just as quickly. Every time I awoke, I looked to see if the doctor had come in to start the procedure, but it was always the same 2 girls there. I think they were the ones who performed the procedure, not the doctor.

I slept the entire 4 hour trip home and then throughout the night. When I woke up the next morning I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be. Over the next few days I was a little sore, but it was tolerable. I was still able to bowl my position in my league and do all my housework with ease. For a couple of days, my belly felt a little "jiggly"!

I waited patiently for the results. First a month, then two....nothing. I called the clinic to report my lack of progress. They told me not to worry that most people were seeing their results in 3 months instead of 2 & to call back then. Still hopeful I waited....still NOTHING.

Eight months have passed & I am actually bigger than I was before having Liposonix....not heavier, just more "muffin top". The only place I can saw there were results is in my wallet.......my wallet is now smaller $4000.

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

I wish I could give them complete zeros. The office staff was overly friendly in the beginning when you call to set up an appointment and even during the appointment. But that's as far as it goes. Their after care is completely useless. After several attempts to rectify the situation, they advised it wasn't their fault that my caloric intake and lack of exercise were to blame for my enlarged "girth".

I also inquired from that office about the procedure. Their price seemed quite high, considering the area I wanted to have treated was so small. I continued to seek other providers, and ultimately found 3 offices that would treat the same area for much less. I'm sorry you didn't get good results. I feel there should be some type of guarantee, or refund if no results are achieved. It seems as though doctors are expecting people to donate $2000 to $4000 for possibly NO results.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for.

Did you speak to the office again after your 3rd month with no results?

Yes, we called the office and they asked us to take photos from the front & side & email the pictures along with my current measurements. We did, and they responded back within about 3-4 days. They recognized the larger size difference and said they couldn't believe that I had not lost anything & requested we drive back to their office so they could see me. My husband told them we didn't want to make the 4 hour trip again nor did I want to have it redone & asked them what our options were. We waited nearly 3 weeks for a response & then re-sent the email for a second time. They responded about a week later saying that there was nothing they could do and my larger size was from my caloric intake & lack of exercise....both of which they knew nothing about

That must be very dissapointing for you. Especially the time and money you put into it. Are you considering any other types of treatment?

Probably just an old fashioned exercise routine!!!! That is the only real way to lose the weight :o) And the best part......it's free!!!!!

Indeed, free is always good! :) Well good luck with your journey, I hope you eventually get the results you've been looking for!