Lower Eyelid Surgery Not Worth It - Albuquerque, NM

Be careful when considering cosmetic surgery. I...

Be careful when considering cosmetic surgery. I went to a surgeon who gets rave reviews for his breast work. I'm not confident he has the expertise with facial surgery. My lower lids are now worse than before surgery and I'm not confident there's a resolution to the problem. I also had a lower facelift. So far so good however I wasn't ready for the length of recovery time and how long it will take to see final results. Scars are painful behind the ears and I still have swelling under the chin. And to top it off I ended up with a DVT provoked by the surgery. I was diagnosed with May Thurner Syndrome after the fact. Please beware of potential complications when undergoing major surgery and there's no guarantee you will be happy with the results. I would not do it again.
Thanks for your candid assessment. I would just add that you have a great look, lovely eyes, and nice smile. It is hard not to focus on the things that bother you, but from the photos they are not at all disturbing. In any situation where the outcome is very important, it is always my policy to go to the best and most experienced for that exact procedure. I have helped family members in this way who, in retrospect, would have gone to a less than optimal health provider. Just for future reference, never go to someone not an acclaimed expert in the exact procedure you want, meaning it is one of the things they do more and more successfully than any other. If you are not happy, try to see someone with this description, just to hear what they have to say. Possibly a filler could even out your under eye area. I am currently trying to decide what will make the most sense for me too, taking my time! Good luck and best wishes!
it does take a long time to recover from surgery and the swelling in your face can change from day to day.you may still have some residual swelling under your eyes.it is better though that your doctor was conservative with the lower lids as it can be disastrous and irreparable if not. i must say though that you look fabulous anyways and we are all looking forward to more photos and updates on your progress
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

I like my doctor and his staff, however, I'm unhappy with the results of my lower lids. They are worse now than prior to the procedure. Upper lids are great and the lower face is healing nicely. I'm three months out and not sure what the next steps will be, if any. Doc guarantees he can fix me up but I'm not comfortable right now with the thought of more surgery or fillers. Interestingly, we have yet to take my after pictures. Hopefully, next visit.