Mommy Makeover 4/19/13 (Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift) - Alaska, AK

My mommy make over is scheduled for 4/19/2013. I...

My mommy make over is scheduled for 4/19/2013. I cannot ever remember having a "normal" body. My first child was born when I was 15 years old and my body was forever changed. It have always wanted to have a tummy tuck to correct the skin and streatch marks.. I currently weigh 135lbs with a goal weight of 125lbs. I don't diet but I try to eat well and take care of myself. I enjoy going to the gym;I love the elliptical! As far as weight trainning I love circult training! The bottom line is it does not matter how many times I go to the Gym I can never lose this tummy!

I am looking forward to having a flat stomach; which I have NEVER had. I will still have streatch marks (10lb baby).. but that's okay!

My biggest worry right now is the recovery time! Summer is comming up fast and we are active family and plenty of work to do!

Thank you for all your comments! This community has answered so many questions for me! I am so thankful to have found this resource! I’m still worrying about recovery time. I have to go back to work 10 days PO. I do have a desk job so that's helpful. Summer begins around the end of May so I have a good month to get better! I hope that enough time to be healed enough to enjoy myself! Our summers are short! I have a couple questions for folks! My surgeon says we are going to do a full tummy tuck and a small vertical incision to get the best result. I don't know yet exactly how high the vertical incision will go but it will be below the belly button. She said some patients don't like it because they can't wear super low bikinis.. I said haha.. Look at these stretch marks.. I'll never wear a super low bikini anyway! Any feedback on this technique? Pros- cons? I want the best result! I will also have lipo around the hips. The surgeon says after a tummy tuck and as we get older fat gravitates to this area so it’s important to lipo to prevent this. In addition she will remove fat in the area above my belly bottom. As far as muscle repair; my separation isn’t to bad so just a little work there! I’m told I will have a very nice defined look in the upper stomach area when all is said and done! I am also getting a breast lift without implants. Can we just say my body has deflated over the years! I am a deflated D! I’m curious what will happen to my cup size after the procedure. If curious if I’ll be smaller after the procedure or just perky. I have so many questions for the surgeon but my preop is still a week away! Can anyone comment on the normal amount of activity after 2 weeks? Walking around, trips to the store, work, etc? Based on what I read it seems ladies have commented that they get very tired by the end of the day. It sounds like you have only enough energy to do what you have to the first month.. Mizlucy- My tummy tuck sister! :) Look forward to following your progress here!
I'm scheduled for the 30th, please come back and tell us how your surgery went. It makes me feel so much better seeing everyone's wonderful outcome and progress! Makes me actually excited instead of freaking out if I should go through with this!
You will be great, just take the time you need to recover. Don't push things and don't get too worked up over things not getting done. If you take care of yourself the way you are told and give your body the rest and nutrition that's recommended you will be good and ready for summer with a nice flat tummy! Don't get upset over the tummy swelling off and on either it goes away as long as you treat yourself kindly. GOOD LUCK!!!! You won't regret this!!

Thank you for all your comments! This community...

I wouldn't worry too much about recovery. I'm three weeks PO and have been back to work two days last week and today with little discomfort. I too have a desk job, doing nails. The first week is killer, but every hour u start to feel less pain. I was off pain meds completely after 4 days, and it probably would have been sooner but I think I set myself back a little with my ride home after surgery. I live 9 hrs away from my PS!!! Good luck to u and please keep us updated :0)
I'm so ready and I will sure check in with you to see how you doing my sister. God bless you
I have seen some people go back to work if they don't have a real active job. I had the lift and also the implants but I'm thinking the lift is usually about the same types of incisions so there is some restrictions on reaching high and lifting too much. You are right, if you just do what needs to be done each day and then rest and heal as much as possible you will feel so much better so much sooner. I'm going to say that with the lift from what I know they remove some of the tissue to bring them back up so you will feel perkier but I don't think you will have the D you were used to. But then you could always go back for implants after you heal up, the healing would be so much less time needed for that. Good luck with everything and be kind to yourself okay?

The countdown has begun! My mommy makeover is in...

The countdown has begun! My mommy makeover is in 12 hours! Hope I can sleep tonight!