Great Invisalign Experience so far!

I started Invisalign in early September. I quickly...

I started Invisalign in early September. I quickly adjusted although all the tooth brushing gets old really fast. But I have had very little pain and I imagine that Invisalign is superior to wire braces. I can already see progress and I am very excited. Love my dentist and the whole experience. By the way, I am 54 years old and have wanted to straighten my teeth my whole life. I am so happy to be finally doing it!

Tray 19 (beginning)

Tray 19 (beginning)

Tray 20

Not too much going on with the last two trays. It seems like I will have a few that really move my teeth, then nothing for a few trays. It's nice to be on 20 of 28!

Tray 23

Tray 24!

I am almost done with tray 24 of 28! Still not sure about refinements. I have a black triangle between my two bottom teeth that is pretty large and I don't like it! My ortho says he will do IPR and move the teeth closer and that should help! I'm really happy about my progress.

Tray 27 of 28!

Amazing that I am almost done. Very happy with my results. I will most likely have some refinement trays then some cosmetic tweaking because of my uneven gum line and black triangles!

Tray 28/28!

I have been wearing my last tray for the last 3 weeks and will be seeing my ortho tomorrow! The time has flown by! My teeth are not perfect but I am very happy with my progress! I will update after I know the extent of my refinements. I do have a large black triangle between my two lower central incisors because those teeth were overlapping and they are narrower at the bottom. I have very short lips and it is visible when I talk so I will want to have that fixed. Also my upper lateral incisor on the right is still in a little too much but I'm confident it will be fixed! I am so happy I have been able to do this and I am amazed that these little bits of plastic can accomplish so much! I love invisalign!

Final tray ortho visit!

I saw my ortho today and we discussed my progress. I told him I was extremely happy with my results and talked about my problem incisor. I told him I was a little concerned also about the black triangle between my two front lower teeth. He examined me and said he can most likely get it a little better by IPR and a few more additional trays. He said he would also recommend a few more on the top to avoid creating more of an overbite. We decided to do the laser gum contouring today and prep for the veneer for my stubborn lateral incisor. He said the veneer should be done before we do refinement trays because that will affect my treatment plan. My gum over that tooth was a lot lower than on the other side and he quickly removed the excess gum. I was numb and did not feel a thing nor did the veneer prep hurt. The veneer prep was minimal because that incisor was still in a bit from the rest of my teeth. I did not even need a temporary veneer! The tooth was shortened a bit but with my trays in you can barely tell. My gum does not hurt but it is dark around the edges where the laser cauterized it. I will have my permanent veneer I two weeks! I'll update photos then!

Done and waiting for revisions!

I went in and had my veneer placed on my creepy little lateral incisor today and I love it! I hated that one tooth my entire life and it feels amazing to have this fixed! We have decided to do refinements but I'm almost not sure I need or want them anymore! Anyway, my treatment took just about 1 year and my ortho says maybe another 4 months for refinements. I think the next big decision I have to make is what type of retainer I want! So amazing to be almost done!

New Smile

before and after side by side

The side by side photos are amazing! I knew there was a big improvement but until I saw this I wasn't sure how big!

Refinements Tray 1/11!

I decided to do refinements after finishing 28 trays and my trays arrived today. I have 11 refinement trays and will continue to wear them for another 22 weeks! Not too bad but I am getting 7 new attachments and additional IPR to try to close up. The black triangle spaces a little more. My ortho thinks there is room for improvement with regard to this and I have to agree. I was spoiled for the last six weeks with no attachments and by not wearing an upper tray after my veneer! I'll post updated photos after I get my attachments and IPR! I still remain very happy with my results and the quickness of treatment!

Refinement Tray 1/11

With trays after IPR and new attachments!

tray 1/11

New Smarttrack Material!

So I noticed that my new refinement trays are made with Smarttrack material and I have noticed that my aligners are already staining some. I drink coffee with a straw and sometimes tea with them. I sometimes soaked my other aligners with a small amount of bleach diluted with water if they got stained. It appears that the new Smarttrack material turns slightly yellow if you soak in diluted bleach. Anyone else have this experience?

Tray 1/11

I am actually wearing red lipstick! I would have never done that before invisalign!

Revisions! tray 3 of 11

So I am just finishing tray 3 of 11 and I can't really see any changes yet. But I assume any changes in the refinement stage will be very subtle. I am a little frustrated with the new tray material. They discolor a lot more than the old material did. I am very careful with my trays and stopped using the efferdent tablets to clean after I read that they tend to cause the trays to discolor. I am just using dish soap to clean the trays. I also discovered that the bleach I use about once a week to maintain the whiteness of my teeth causes the trays to discolor! After about a week my trays are stained and do not let my white teeth show through the trays. Very disappointing. Oh well, I only have 8 more trays to go and I know the time will pass quickly. I am attaching the latest picture and as I mentioned, I do not see much improvement yet.

Tray 6 of 11 refinements!

January 15, just starting tray 7/11

So worth it!

I just went to my ortho and picked up my last 3 trays! He said everything looks great and I am almost done! It's been an amazing experience and I can't believe how fast the tome went! 7 more weeks and I will get my attachments off and retainers made! My retainer is included and they will make them in the office. I need to have an implant done and possibly a bone graft and I have scheduled the consult with the periodontist. After that is all done I may get the invisalign retainers but that will be after my implants. I am so happy with my results!

Tray 9/11

Refinements Tray 1 and Tray 11

I guess the refinement trays are doing something! I didn't realize I was still having improvement until I put the pictures together to compare!

Tray 10/11

Almost done! I will start my last tray Thursday! So happy with my results and I am very happy with my treatment!

All done!

I had my appointment yesterday and had all of my attachments removed! I'm officially done with my treatment. 28/28 initial trays and 11/11 refinement trays. Can't say that I'm sorry to see them go! But not for long, I pick up my retainers next Friday and will need to wear them 20-22 hours a day for 6 months, then night time wear. I am very happy with my results and cannot believe how fast it went. I do have some minor issues, my teeth are not completely perfect but they are pretty darn close and they are perfect to me. Thank you all for your wonderful feedback, tips and encouragement!
Gurit Randhawa

I met him at a community festival (he had a booth) and I asked him if I would need to have teeth extracted to get invisalign since I have pretty crowded teeth. He said no, I would not need to have any extractions. I checked out his website and internet ratings and went for it. He is an orthodontist and does a lot of Invisalign. I also like that he treats a lot of adults.

Signed in to say " wow what a difference!!! After reading some of the horror stories on this site, you really seemed to be satisfied thru the entire process and it seemed so easy. Invisiign end really worked for you.
I agree with you. I have been reading nothing but horror stories and psyching myself out. I did not know enough about this process when I signed up. Invisible braces! No big deal. But it is a big deal and is changing my lifestyle. I suppose we can focus on the good or focus or the bad. It is good to see a positive story.
Congratulations on finishing! Your teeth look great. :)
Thank you!
Wow! Your teeth look amazing!!!!! Hope I get a similar result!!! Also you don't need this anymore but I have smart track and I soak my aligners in 50/50 tap water and white vinegar! And then just scrub gently with a soft toothbrush! They stay very clean!!
Thank you!
You must be so pleased that you're at the end of your treatment. I'm on #5/31 so have a long way to go and very uncomfortable at the moment. Your teeth look amazing....bet you don't stop smiling!!
You will be amazed how quickly the time goes! Thank you for the nice comment, I am very happy with my treatment. I'm wearing clear retainers full time for six months so I'm not done with trays yet. But after investing all that time, energy and money I want to make sure everything remains the same. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Oh, and it gets easier I promise! Pretty soon you will begin to forget about the trays. They do seem to rule your life in the beginning. You know I had a terrible lisp during my whole treatment. For some reason I don't have that problem with the retainers so who knows!
I shall hang on to your words of encouragement! Shall be on #6 in a week.... How come you need to wear a retainer full time? Is it the same as wearing a tray.
Hi! My ortho asks that I wear my retainer full time ( 20-22 hours a day) for six months then nighttime wear. That seems to be standard. I think it helps your teeth from moving back. My retainer is clear like an invisalign tray but no attachments. It also seems to be a bit harder than the invisalign trays. Actually I find the retainer less bulky feeling than my invisalign and no trouble whatsoever!
Gaw-jusss mouth! Congrats!
Why thank you! I just put in my last set if trays! Two more weeks and I am finished!
You're beautiful, Victoria! You're smile is amazing and has changed so much!
thank you! I am so happy and also so glad it's almost over! I will be so glad to get these attachments off, but I realize I will need to wear my retainer full time for at least 6 months so it's is not completely over! You have had wonderful results too! So funny when I first started it seemed like it took forever now looking back it seems like a blink of my eye! I'm looking forward to seeing your final results!
I was just telling my husband how fast time flies. He mentioned something that he thought occurred last year, and I said, "no, it happened before I got Invisalign and that was July '12--almost 2 years ago now." We both can't believe how it just seems like yesterday. I don't know why I waited so long, but I'm glad I did it when I did.
Finally a pic! You look great! How are you doing with the retainer? I'm getting an office made retainer that is included with my treatment until I get an implant then I may switch to the vivera system. Thank you for all if your advice and support!
LOL I finally remembered to do it while I was on the computer. I couldn't load pics from my tablet for some reason. I'll try to get a closeup one of these days. I have an office made retainer. I also get a replacement free (when this wears out or breaks or for whatever reason). I'm not sure I like having the teeth covered all the time--even if it's just at night, but I might check with my dentist to see what he thinks (a 2nd opinion in a way ??). If you get a vivera retainer, I'd be interested to get your thoughts.
Still gorgeous smile and yes, I cn see the difference also when I look back at your first refinement pic. You're almost there. I can't believe that it'll be 2 years this summer since I started my treatment. Where did the time go. Even tho' I'm done, it's still a daily ritual to keep my teeth healthy and ensure they don't go back the way they were. Enjoy every moment...you worked hard for it and deserve it!
thanks! these last 3 trays are marked overcorrection, and they hurt! I think this is the most uncomfortable I have been to date! But it tells me they are working!
Oh my goodness I am switching weekly and they HURT BAD.
Just started refinement tray 6 of 11! Still not seeing any changes. Overall very happy with process but cannot wait to be finished!
11 refinements! Wow thats a lot - you look amazing - try and not focus on any minor irregularities - perfection isnt real - thats what I put in my head anyway - and see how far youve come! Ill bet people comment all the time on your great teeth - take that and run with it. After having crooked teeth all your life, like me, mine are 1,000 times better - yours are even better - love them!
Thank you Pam for the comments! I'm extremely happy with my results and would be happy to stop now. My refinements are supposed to help minimize triangle spaces a bit but my ortho thinks the movement will be minimal and I don't think I've seen any improvement but my teeth are closing up a bit in the back so there may still be a bit of improvement in front. I am so happy but after 17 months I want to be done! Oh and happy new year!
Love how amazing they look. I have a little triangle as well...got impressions made for refinements and it came back with 14!!! Also would have to have a LOT of filing done. In 'normal' pictures you can't see the triangle. My family loves how they look, so I stopped. Staying where I'm at (and I don't like to file away healthy tooth enamel). I agree with Pamexx...sometimes we put too much on ourselves to be 'perfect' based on what others tell us that means. Your smile is awesome...but do what you want because YOU want it, not because someone else says you should. Good luck.