Nose Job - Adelaide, Australia

I'm a 24 year old female from Adelaide and am 6...

I'm a 24 year old female from Adelaide and am 6 days post-rhinoplasty. I get my cast off on Thursday so will post pics asap. Just wondering, is getting the cast removed painful? Should I try to soften it with warm water beforehand? In the meantime if anyone is looking to undergo rhinoplasty in Adelaide, feel free to private message me. I know there are basically no reviews/recommendations of Adelaide plastic surgeons/rhinoplasty online, which made choosing a surgeon very difficult.

Just got my cast taken off. It hurt a little bit,...

Just got my cast taken off. It hurt a little bit, but nothing too ridiculous. My nose is super swollen and I have the Avatar thing going on, but I think I'm really going to like the shape once the swelling settles down. Can't stop smiling!
Dr Peter Sylaidis

The Dr was very professional and answered all of my questions. Time spent with me in the follow up appointment could have been better- a nurse removed my cast and he only popped in briefly. His personal assistant was also extremely helpful. Very happy with the choice I made to go to this surgeon!

Hi there I am also trying to research a good plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty, price is of course always important but I want the best surgeon. I asked my GP about Dr David David and she said he won't do noses as he mainly does craniofacial work?? But looks like some of you ladies on here could get in to see him?I feel like she was a little overzealous in her respinse and referred me onto a Dr Jennifer Lawrence in Brighton, whom I know nothing about. My GP said she has seen her work and her patients were happy but I am a little reluctant as a lot of these GPs always recommend their buddies! :D any thoughts? I might have to make an appt with Syldaris maybe. By the way, the advice on here has been very helpful, thank you for sharing your stories as I am too embarrassed to get the advice of friends and family.
Sorry my mistake, the surgeon is Julie Lawrence
You can check my story out - my surgery is due in September with Sylaidis. Always go with your gut instinct - I inquired with a couple of surgeons via email and Dr Sylaidis was the only one who responded. He's been doing rhino's for 20+ years. He does very natural looks. I researched on a lot of forums and couldn't find a lot of information on Adelaide surgeons at all - Sydney and Melbourne PS advertise a lot more. You can inbox me if you would like to know any more :)
Hi Sarsy will do, thank you :)
Hi Everyone. Well I had my nose surgery with David David back in 1976..and it still looks amazing, it changed my life .. he was at the start of his career. About 10 years later I had a nose tip revision, which has lasted. When you pay for quality you get the best. Don't skimp on investing the dollars. I personally know that Dr Stephen Floreani is a brilliant ENT .. if I had a choice again it would be Dr Stephen Floreani or Dr David David ...Good luck!
How much did it all cost? Looks great!
Hello lovely how much did the whole procedure cost?
My question is how long is post-op recovery? Is 4 weeks enough for swelling to completely subside? I am a student looking to have rhinoplasty in June and be back at uni a month later. Otherwise, I can wait until December. So far, either Randall Sach or David David are most likely surgeons. Feedback on either?
I had a couple consultations with Dr Sylaidis and after 2 weeks you can resume work/uni. I told him I was taking 3 and he pretty much said I didn't need to. 10 days of bruising as a rough estimate. Swelling will be ongoing for a few months and after 6 weeks your nose will be stronger. Hope this info helps!
Thank you, very helpful. I have scheduled two consults for next month (Peter Sylaidis and David David). I'm happy that Dr Sylaidis uses 3d Vectra technology. It will make it easier to communicate what shape I am after. Best of luck with surgery!
Good luck with tour consultations. If youre nit happy i would highly recommend dr stephen floreani. Im 5 weeks post op and really happy. Let us know how you go.
Thanks
He sounds great. I'll look into him further. Will keep updating : )
You're most welcome! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. The 3d Vectra image will look very computerised and he won't give you a copy as there is no guarantee that it will end up looking like that. He is very genuine - won't tell you what you want to hear. I wanted my nostrils fixed but he advised against it! Thanks, I'm booked in for September. Let me know how you go with David David. I've heard mixed reviews. Good luck :)
Im not sure how to private message you as im new to this site but what was your overall final price inckuding all fees ?
Im in day 4 of recovery after a revision rhinoplasty. Dr Stephen Floreani did my procedure. He's an ENT. The total cost was just under $7000. My experience this time was totally different. Dr mark moore did my first one and i was bot happy with it. It looked slightly better but i ended up with breathing issues and the tip after 3 years was drooping. I have learnt that plastic surgeons do minimal septum work as they dont have the expertise as ENT's do. I didnt get to see dr moore until a month after surgery and i had no post op instructions. With dr floreani i seen him 3 times before i left the hospital, i had antibiotics, painkillers and a douche rinse. Then a nurse rang me monday to see how i was going. I would not go to dr moore. Pay the extra and go see an ENT.
Dr moore was only about $3000. Very disappointed with all aspects with dr moore though. Good luck and let me know how i can help as there isnt a lot of info for Adelaide dr.
Hi, I was just wondering how all of your appointments/surgery went, how much you were quoted and by which doctors? I am looking to organise a few consultations maybe with sylaidis and moore based on your recommendations.... :)
Dont go to dr moore. You are best going to an ENT. I have just had my rhinoplasty done by dr Stephen Floreani. Im only 4 days post op but am extremely happy so far.
Hi Girls, Who would you recommend & What was the pricing... Im also looking at getting a small boob job for a few sizes up? Im also nervous as I wouldn't be able to have it done privately as I have a bleeding disorder...
Hi Michaela, for a nose job Professor David David is the best but will only do what's best for your face. He costs $8800 at a minimum for cosmetic rhinoplasty. Professor David David would probably be a good choice for your bleeding disorder because he's done almost 4000 Rhinos and is a craniofacial surgeon so has probably dealt with people with similar disorders. Dr Sylaidis is also very good if you are wanting dorsal hump reduction. He is around $8500 as well. Dr Trott is supposed to be best for boobs. I am booked in for Rhino and Genio with Professor David David on 17th June.
Thanks so much, Vicky. I'm really nervous about it all and people are telling me not to do it but I know it's the right thing for me. People don't understand what it feels like. I'm really interested in Dr Sylaidis because the photos I've seen of the noses he has done look exactly like my nose! I'm glad there are people out there who know how I feel! How long did it take you to get an appointment and how much does the consult cost?