Vaser Just Carried out on my Legs (Inner/outer Thighs, Knees, Calves)

Hi All, I mentioned a few days ago that I was to...

Hi All, I mentioned a few days ago that I was to have vaser today on my outer/inner thighs, knees and calves. I did go ahead with it although I was very nervous and wanted to share by day one experience with you all. I am overweight,any amount of exercise has never helped my legs. There was a lot of fat to extract.

The vaser treatment lasted upto 4 hours. I found it very painful, least painful out of the four was outer thighs. The only motivation was seeing the fat being extracted and the new shape.

After the treatment there was a lot of leakage and I was in a lot of pain. I have had pain killers and pain has calmed down a little. Have the garment on. Legs are swollen cannot see the new shape and having difficulty in walking. Have a slight tingling, burning, throbbing sensation.

I will post pics shortly. If you have any questions happy to address them.

Hi all, I had Vaser surgery done 5 days ago and wow, I honestly have a high pain threshold but I found it very painful (I could hardly move for 2 days and convinced myself he'd done tumescant lipo on me!) I was under General and had my inner & outer thighs and knees done. The procedure took about 3.5hours. I stayed in hospital for 4 days (Normal in Thailand) which I am glad about as I would not have been happy going home in the state I was in. I had draining tubes for the first two days and since then just a plaster and no further draining. Can't imagine how swollen I'd have been if I never had them though. They put me in tightish bandages which were changed daily for 4 days then I was given the compression garment. Not comfortable to get into but ok once it's on. I feel better, much more supported when it is on, it gives a good silhouette and really holds you in place. I don't feel comfortable without it. I've been told to wear mine for about 2-3 months. Personally I'll wear it for as long as possible, after all this there is no way I'm ruining the outcome because I didn't wear the garment. I've also ordered a black one which looks just like black sports leggings and they are from the Veronique range. First day back in the gym today just doing upper body weights and been walking a lot. Not having a problem with swelling as much but boyfriend is massaging legs and feet 3 times a day bless him. Apart from being stiff if I sit or lie down for too long the only other thing really bugging me is having to still sleep on my back, there is no way I can lie on my sides yet and as the bed is hard where we are staying and my stomach ends up hurting from the compression garment! Oh well roll on another 11 weeks!
where in Thailand did you have the surgery and can you tell me the cost as I am going to Perth this winter stopping off in Thailand for a couple of days. Would like to check out my options.
Hi all, I am about to have Vaser done in Thailand on my thighs and buttocks. I will be staying in hospital for 5 days with drains to aid the swelling and take it down. Did any of you in the UK have this? I'll also be having GA as opposed to local.
hi there, congratulations! Am reading so many bad reviews in UK so am really doubting. Do you remember which clinic you used, please?
Hi Ceralynn, The surgeon made 2 incisions on my calf. One in the front and one on the back of my calf. They are visibile but are the size of a sweetcorn. It looks like a mosquito bite. It's been 3.5 weeks now and they have faded slightly. Ive been told by my surgeon it will take about 5-6 months for the scars to completely fade away. I can see a difference in the size of my calves although they are still swollen and get quite hard. I have been told to wait for 4 months as it takes time for the swelling of the calves to completely subside. I am sorry about your experience. I hope I have answered your question.
Hi pink lady, I live in the Netherlands and I had vaser done on my legs (including calves) as well. I'm so disappointed with the result now 17 weeks later. I hardly see any difference. My calves are only 1 cm less but my skin is loose and I have 2 scars in the middle of my calves that are so visible and ugly that I don't think I will ever dare to walk with bare legs again. I'm devastated. The docter never told me about these incisions, he told me they would not be visible. Now he tells me that he did not tell me that and that it is a necessity to make the incisions there when performing vaser and that everything will be just fine if I give it some time. My question to you is; Do you have scars like that on your calves? I really hope you can answer my question. greetings ceralynn
I don't have the after. Once I do I will post them. In my experience I found the knees the most painful at time of the procedure. Afterwards I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. However the calves have been painful and swollen. As soon as the surgeon completed the vaser on my calves he showed them to me. They had really shrunk in size. However it didn't long for them to swell and expand to the original size again which I found very disheartening. Over the days the swelling is going but the calves are still not the size they were when I had my vaser done. They look better in the morning and swell up by the afternoon and the back of my calves appear lumpy. Apparently it can take up to 4 months for the swelling to subside. I'm being patient.
I have the same problem. Stubborn fat on knees, calves and ankles. Worried about cost/pain and then not getting great results. Do you have any before and after pics?
Hello deb. I've just signed up to RS altho often read the comments/reviews of various procedures. Like you, I have stubborn fat on my knees (feel self conscious when wearing above knee skirt/dress). Just wanted to tell you that I am booked to have knee op 23 March (cost £2,200). Not sure if I can disclose doctor but am happy to let you know. That is what amazes me about this site NO-ONE is willing to disclose their dr name happy with results or not!! I wonder why. Very few postings from UK in any case. I am hoping to see Pink Lady's before/after pics as her comments were welcoming. Getting nervous now tho as not many people seem to have their knees done. If you read this pink lady, please give an update. Thank you and kind regards
Dear Sandy1962, please can you tell me the outcome of your surgery, as I am totally thinking of doing the inner/outter and knees surgery. Were you happy with your doctor?
Nearly two weeks in and I can confidently say I am happy with the results! My legs have never looked better. The swelling is not as bad as last week. Walking and massaging my legs really helped.
Hello pink lady. Really enjoyed reading your honest comments. Can you tell me which doctor you went to in London (I am already booked to have knees done + have paid half deposit already), but am getting slightly nervous now. How are you feeling now more than 6 months on? Are you pleased with overall results? Thks
Hi Sandy. Thanks for your feedback. Check out Doctors Makeover. The doc will have my before pics. Pre-op i didn't have shapely knees. My thighs merged into my calves! Had fat lumps on the back of my knees. Very depressing. Now I am very very pleased with the results. 6 months on and I have bought myself some hot pants for my beach holiday next month. Also inspired a friend of mine to get vaser done on the areas she was not happy with. Not that I wish to put you off but I still remember to this day how painful the knee part was. Mind you I had the whole leg area done so the anaesthetic was not as concentrated BUT I do not regret it. I am glad I did it. 15 mins of pain has given me long term self-confidence. My doc said that I will continue to see changes in the first year. Hope i have provided you with sufficient information. If I can be of any further assistance please get in touch. Otherwise I wish you all the best!
Thanks pink lady for prompt reply. Don't mean to appear ignorant, but where do I check out doctors makeover as you did not disclose your dr (am anxious to know who it is though as not many doctors in London are trained to do this hi-def vaser). Pls let me have his name cos you did not provide. Incidentally, the dr I am going to would not do my inner/outer thights (said skin too loose!). I suppose he was being honest. One final question how many incisions did he make on each knee and were the stitches sutured? So glad you're pleased with results - sounds like being patient is key. Happy holiday next month...
I suggest you go on the website. He is the only doctor there. A previous surgeon said the same thing about my thighs...that the skin is too loose. Absolute rubbish as this doctor had no problem doing it and the results are positive. Only one incision on the knee and incision looks like a small mosquito bite. Sorry for late response....just got notification that you mailed me today.
Hi Pink Lady,

Can you tell me which doctor you used, as I am really considering having vaser lipo on my inner and outter thighs and knees. How much did it costs you in total
It's been a week since I had vaser done. It hasn't been a great experience. I fainted once and having been suffering with dizzy spells unable to do much. Went to the surgeon. He said it may relate to the antibiotics he has given me. Changed them yesterday and haven't been dizzy. Secondly my calves have troubled me a great deal. The swelling was getting worse day by day. My feet had swollen so much that I had to remove the garment. I was worried. The surgeon said that liquid has built up in my legs. He has created an incision in each foot so that the excess liquid can drain out. There is a lot of leakage. My calves are not feeling as hard anymore I am massaging them regularly but having difficulty in walking as calves are tender. Hopefully will be able to go into work next week. The knees, outer and inner thighs have been fine. There is bruising but they have not troubled me as much. Let's see how the next few days go.
Thank you for the advice i really appreciate it. Will the removal of my garment impact the end result? I will keep the garment on from now on.
I had my saddle bags and abs done about 4 weeks ago. My doctor told me to constantly massage the areas even though it is painful. She also told me not to take off the garment unless I was showering. I'm surprised your doctor said to do that. I was really really swollen and frustrated in the beginning. Now the swelling is coming down and I'm starting to see more results. Currently, I am wearing the same jeans I wore before the surgery. I was hoping I would have dropped a six by now but it seems to be a really slow process. I also have been taking Arnica Montana and also applying Arnica Montana gel which seems to be helping with the swelling.
Day two. There is no pain today just discomfort. No leakages. I can walk although it is slowly. Feeling frustrated as my legs are very swollen. They look bigger than my original size. Doctor has recommended that I take my garment off for a few hours a day to help the circulation. Should I massage my legs to help circulation. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks