Lost 100lb - Tummy Tuck is the Best!

I promised myself a tummy tuck if I finally lost...

I promised myself a tummy tuck if I finally lost the weight I had been gaining/losing/gaining again. I did it..100lbs. So I began saving my money and searching for a doctor.

I love my doctor and am so thrilled to have the extra skin gone for good. I feel like a real feminine woman for the first time in my adult life.

It was a scary procedure and I had some complications. My incision degraded and my doctor worked with me to keep from having any more procedures. I have healed, but my scar is wider than normal. I don't care how wide it is because it beats the extra skin any day. I may have it "revised" but not really too concerned. I was so worried about pain after the surgery, but with the pump it was minimal.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.... complications and all. There is nothing like feeling good about myself. I lost a tummy and gained confidence!

Photo Update

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. did my procedure and I am thrilled with him and his staff. They helped me every step of the way and he has taken excellent care of me. He made sure I was comfortable and called me after I went home to make sure all was well. He always explained things in terms I could understand instead of medical terminology. He is defininetly a perfectionist and that is good to have when you put your life in someone's hands. You can tell he loves what he does and he does it well with enthusiasm. He also did not try to talk me into any other procedures...I would not have used him if he had try to sell me on more than I wanted or needed. It has been a year and a half and he still wants to see my progress. I have recommended him to my friends...they are all jealous of my nice flat tummy!

i too had tummy tuck from Dr.L and i think he is thr greatest ever....and your picstures are posted up on his website by the way and u look awesome
Thanks for the compliment. I'll have to check out his website. I told him I wanted to be good enough to make the site. LOL I just went back last week and he thinks that a scar revision isn't necessary after all. Yeah! I love that he actually says that another procedure isn't needed...I don't think many doctors would do that. He is such a great guy!
LOL not too personal. It was probably a month before I felt secure enough to sleep without pillows. About the same for sex...but very carefully. I was scared to death I would rip apart. We were travelling a month to the day after my tuck, so I would say that is when I started doing better, but my husband thought at about 6 weeks I got my energy back. I hope your feeling well, believe me it only gets better. Just follow your doctor's directions about your wound separation. That was scary for me too. Keep me updated.
They get you up try to make you walk as soon as possible. I was walking in the first 24 hours....hunched over, but walking. Make sure you get the pain pump that delivers meds straight to the incision area. That pump is a life saver. Like I said I was hunched over, and was for a good bit. It takes a good while for the skin to stretch and grow during the healing process. Once you start walking, get up as much as you can and clots shouldn't be a worry. I walked as much as possible, especially during the night when no one else was in the halls. The nursing staff in hospitals are glad to help you get up and walk because it helps you heal and makes their job easier! The first time you try to get up is the hardest because you can't really use those muscles, but they teach you how to roll and push yourself up. I would do it again in a heartbeat! The removed close to 8lbs of loose skin...I am so much more comfortable and confident. Are you in the Houston area?
thats so great! I just had my tummy tuck 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I"m doing pretty good, I do have a little wound seperation from so much tension. when did you finally sleep normal? like with out any pillows and on your side? and when did you finally engage in sexual activity? sorry if it's too personal.
I had a sleepless 24 hours right after surgery, due to severe insomnia, after finally sleeping I got ill. I spent and extra 2 nights in hospital. All of that negatively effected the healing process and I am a slow healer. After about a month I overdid things and my incision/scar began to split while on vacation. It took quite some time and special care to get it healed all the way...but no more surgery. My doctor teases me that what takes a normal person a month to heal takes me three months. I was never in pain, nor had any infection and I feel that is because my doctor took such good care of me and taught my husband and I just how to get my body to heal.
ok. CUz I'm having my tummy tuck this next week and I was scared about alot of things, one was the complications and other was being put to sleep. I've never been put under. I was scared of blood clots too. how often to you get up after surgery to walk a little so you didn't get a blood clot?
what kind of complications did you have?
Thanks, nothing like feeling feminine again. Confidence is a wonderful thing.
your results are fantastic! Congrats to you!
Congratulations on your weight loss and your successful tt. Your surgeon did a good job with your surgery. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Thanks! I couldn't be happier with the results. If you are considering a tuck and are in Houston area I highly reccomend my doctor.