Couldn't Firm Up Tummy with Exercise - So Far So Good with Tummy Tuck

After numerous years of intensive abdominal...

After numerous years of intensive abdominal exercises, I concluded the only way to rid my body of the excessive skin and stubborn fat in the area below my belly button was to have a tummy tuck.

I had my tummy tuck on June 17 and less than 1 week post-op I'm feeling fine. Of course there is a little soreness and nausea when I'm standing, but for the most part I'm okay. Following my doctor's orders, I opted to get the pain pump to manage the pain associated with the procedure. Although I've never had a major surgery before, I believe the pain pump really made a huge difference.

As for my scars and general appearance of my stomach, I'm pleased. Due to the stretch marks I already had above my belly button, I still have them under my belly button. I also had to have a "T" incision because I did not have enough skin to pull down. Even with these 2 things, I am still very pleased with my results and the service I received.

Photo Update

Like most people can you share the doctors name?
what doc is this please let me know
You look great. Was the recovery hard?
Your photo looks great! If you wouldn't mind sharing, who is your surgeon? I'm from Missouri and looking for cost-effective procedures close to home.
Hey, I am considering a TT. Do u mind me asking who ur dr was?
I had a tummy tuck on june 23,2009 and so far the results are great! The worst of it was the drainage tubes and I could'nt wait to have them removed and feel like I could start moving a little more freely. I got permission from my Dr. I could start back walking again.
My old belly button is now infected because of the ridiculous heat down here. Because my skin around my belly button is wrinkly and wearing the compression garment, the sweat/moisture (probably from taking my kids to swimming lessons outside in the heat) is accumulating in my bb and got infected. My PS gave me a antibiotic ointment, but, just my luck, not their fault at all, I was allergic to the ointment and now I have an infected bb with a blazing rash around it. At least it doesn't itch (prob b/c the skin around it is still a little numb!). So, we are putting gauze in my bb everyday to keep it dry. Now I am on oral antibiotics and it is still infected. I am going back in tomorrow to see my PS. I will discuss the option of getting a new bb. I am guessing that I will have to get a vertical scar to close the old one, and that I will have to wait a few months for when I am all healed to do it. That's ok. I can wait. I just want to be sure that it will get fixed. I think he did an excellent job otherwise. Hopefully, the second recovery will be much faster. I would love to wear a bikini next year. I have always been it good shape. I work out religiously (that's killing me right now that I have to wait to go to the gym.)and after having 3 kids, my stomach was all stretched out. From looking at your picture, we seem similarly built in that area. I will have to take a pic and send to you.
I just had a tummy tuck too, on June 12. Most of my swelling has gone down except for the lower area between my belly button and my scar. I also didn't have enough skin to get rid of all of it and my belly button was too high so my PS suggested that we pull down my belly button. So I didn't get a new one and my old one is just lower. I am very happy with the tightness of my muscles and skin now, but my belly button seems much too low and quite wrinkly. I'm a little nervous about that. I am glad to hear you are excited about your results. I have an appt with my PS on Monday and I will discuss my belly button futher with him. He may have a way to revise it. I really want to love it.
I am glad to hear that you are satisfied other than the belly button issue. I have been told belly button issues are easiest to resolve. Do you have a picture? I still have a little swelling in my pubic area, but other than that I'm okay until I over do it. My body usually lets me know pretty quickly when it's had too much, usually in the form of immediate swelling, stiffness, and/or soreness. Also, how are you resting at night? I am still having to sleep in a recliner to keep from being sore and stiff when I rise. Please provide an update after you meet with your PS. Take Care!
I live in the Little Rock area too and am considering a tummy tuck, would you recommend your surgeon and could you pass along the name? Thanks, RFS
Yahooo!!! One week post op and I'm feeling great. Had my one week follow-up today! No more drains or sutures, and the swelling has minimized drastically. The drain came out with ease....I didn't feel a thing! I go back in 2 weeks. At that time the PS will talk more with me about the soft sac and stretch marks that are right above my incision. He states the only way to smooth that area is to extend the existing "T" incision all the way to my belly button. My thoughts are...go for it, I would rather have one scar than multiple stretch marks and that loose sac protruding from my otherwise perfect tummy.
Six days post op and only 15ccs of fluid. I'm also not as swollen as yesterday. I can actually feel the bone below my incision, today. I'm going back to my PS tomorrow...hopefully he will remove my tube then. In terms of pain, I'm feeling good. My stomach muscles are extremely tight. I had my first sneeze today and thought I would die. I am also still having difficulty standing straight. Other than these few things, I'm doing well.
oh i'm so glad for you. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days so i could have a pain pump and it was ok. REST!
How's it going for you now?
I am looking for a good plastic surgeon. Want a tummy tuck (or Lipo depending on how they want to do it) and Breast Augmentation... Would love to find someone that others have used and like!