Tummy Tuck Sooo Worth It!!! Painful:YES!!! (5'8", 200lb)

I decided on a tt after years of looking into it....

I decided on a tt after years of looking into it. I wasn't sure if I should do it or would even be able to, I am 5'8 and 200lbs. I am well porportioned but hated my stomach, mainly the way it looked in clothes. I wasn't sure if a doctor would even do it but after going to consultations with 2 different doctors I was confident in moving forward. I also decided to do it after reading other peoples reviews on here.

I don't regret it at all, I feel soooo much better about my body, it's really amazing. I know they say that you should be near your ideal weight before getting a tt but the reality is that would be much more work than I wanted to put in. I am happy with my weight but after having 2 kids (13 years ago) my stomach just looked sloppy.

Now for the pain, YES it was really bad afterwards. As soon as I woke up from recovery I cried, I was shocked at how bad it hurt. Over the next 4-5 days it was just BAD. I could not do anything for myself & was so thankful that my mother was there to help me. Most people on here have said that the first week was just a blur to them but not to me, even with the pain medication, muscle relaxers, etc. It was just really painful and there are no words to describe how helpless I felt. I just wanted to start feeling better and it felt like it was taking forever! On the 8th day I had my drain removed and felt alot better. The very next day I was out and about!

Its only been 2 weeks now but I really am feeling good, still have a ways to go with swelling and my stomach muscles are still sore but having gone throught that first HORRIBLE week, I am feeling sooo much better. However the scar is pretty scary, I know it will get better with time but it is pretty jarring to see at first.

With all this said, I wouldn't change a thing! I am very pleased & YES, it was worth the pain!!! It really changes how your body looks in your clothes, mine anyway, and probably because I am a little bigger there is a very noticable difference. Also, I didn't go with the first doctor that I went to. I really like my doctor that I chose and felt confident with him and that is really important.

Photo Update

Louisville Plastic Surgeon

Has many years of experience. He made me feel very comfortable and he makes you feel really confident in him.

Did you stay in the hospital or go home same day. This is Teresa.
You look amazing!!Happy healing
I live about an hour away from Lville. I would rather stay closer to home but your price is alot cheaper. Does that price include all of your post-op visit's, too?
Yes it does include everything except for your bloodwork, which costs around $50 but they bill you for that. Also it's been almost 4 months now & all is well. I don't regret a thing!
You look great!
Thanks!
You really look good. I know you are trilled. I go through the surgery on Oct 5th and I am so scared! I hope this 56 year old can deal with the pain. Bev
You look great..I'm happy for you! Your review encourages me!
QueenC, I don't have surgery until October 13, so I am at the getting nervous part and I plan on reading everything I can find that you have posted. Thank you so much! LovelyLady, you look awesome!
Thanks & Good Luck with everything!!
Mo-Mo, If you can find my review under Queen C, maybe some questions will be answered for you. By now, you should be in recovery (and hating it), but I've posted the experience from beginning to 20 weeks post-op. Today I'm almost 6 months post-op & there are not enough words to describe how happy I feel about myself now that I don't have rolls of skin from under my breasts to my pubis!!! It's flat & I feel so GOOD!
Could you post pictures? I am similar in height and weight and I will be having a tummy tuck soon.
I am from Louisville, too and have been looking for someone to talk to. I have FTT scheduled for Oct. 13th. I am 53 and have had 3 children, c-section, hysterectomy and gall bladder surgery. I have developed a hernia and decided if I'm to be cut on one more time I would love to get my stomach off my lap. Any words of encouragement you have about what to get before or after would be great!