Good and Bad Results - Depending on Location on Face

After reading all these posts, I was fearful to...

After reading all these posts, I was fearful to get Thermage. However, like many people I was talked into it by my Doctor since "the tips have significantly improved".

Would I do it again? Yes, BUT, I would have listened to my gut and not done my entire face. I wanted it for an eyebrow lift and I got a nice eyebrow lift. I also got a bit of tightening on the jaw line. I would recommend it for these two areas.

However, do NOT get talked into doing it on the entire face. I got weird indentations the exact shape of the tip at three places - under eye, and two places on my cheek. Not pretty, and a bit scary. I am hopeful that the indentations will go away since I got the same indentations from Affirm, which is not RF. I got slightly burned in two places (one did scab) and it left indentations and dark marks. It took a long time to go away (almost one year) - one mark went away 99% (there is such a faint trace around the old indent that only I would know it was the remnants of the old mark), the other mark (the one that scabbed) went away 85% (there is a slight indentation. Since the indentations look similar to the ones from thermage, I am hoping that they will go away as well, but I am not happy that I will have to wait so long to know if they do go away.

My advice for anyone considering Thermage:

1. Get a good Doctor or technician!!!!!!! I can't stress this enough. A litmus test is to ask them if they "shape" your face as they do it. They need to use a vector and pull your face in the direction that you want it to lift.

2. Under no circumstances would I recommend anyone doing their entire face. The risks for indentations are too great, especially under the eye. Stick with the areas that give you a non-surgical brow lift and perhaps by the jaw line.

3. Don't go for the gusto! I tend to think I have a high threshold for pain or I think I can grit and bear it, "no pain, no gain". Go for some pain in the bony areas around your forehead - it will hurt. But, if you decide not to heed my advice and do your face, GO FOR A LOW SETTING! Or, live with the possibility of indentations. I don't even see improvements in my cheek and eye area for the negative consequences of the pock marks.

Was it worth it? Yes, for the brow lift - it made a difference and I like the results. BUT, I sure wish I would have read a post like this one before I went to the Doctor that day...that's why I took the time to write this post. Take the good without the bad. Good luck and happy aging.

P.S. I do not recommend Affirm. I did not see any noticeable benefits and had to live with dark indentations for a while (one was a large one on my chin). I did like the results I got from Fraxel. In general, I prefer to go the laser versus scalpel route.

I can not imagine how someone could hurt a patient with thermage. It would have to be such a gross misuse of the machine!!! If you truly have scabs? and indentations and have pictures to document that you should sue!Thermage is practically fool proof, to give someone a burn the person not only couldn't have know what they were doing, they couldn't have cared. Thermage has many safety features which had to be blatantly ignored in your case.
Has anyone had Thermage in the San Jose, CA area that had great results, minimal pain and can recommend their doctor?