3 Months Post Smartlipo (Abs, Flanks, Inner Thighs) with Pics

I had smart lipo done on May 22, 2009. I had abs,...

I had smart lipo done on May 22, 2009. I had abs, inner thighs, and flanks. I did much research before the procedure, and found that there were very few posts after the 3-6 month periods (that we are supposed to get "final results" ) and even fewer of these post that provided pictures. I really would have liked to have had these pictures and input, when I made my decision. It is my goal now to do this.

I have been following this site for 9 months now, and I do have to wonder about the integrity of some of those posting. There seems to be many claims of "I was at a size 6-8 and now am in a size 2" and "I lost 15 lbs". My experience, while I am still giving a thumbs up, was nothing like that. If I were researching having smart Lipo done, I would really look at these posts (that have no pics) and wonder about who really posted them..? Apparently there are some doctors out there that have people post really great fabricated results, that lead into referrals for them. Just a note of caution. Look for results with pictures! I have also noted that many of these posts say "I'm going to post pictures as soon as I get them from my doctor". Keep checking for the pictures. Many times they never come. Keep this in mind if considering this particular doctor, and the claim seems above what others have posted.

Having said that, I have posted my before and after pics and I want to give a true description of what to expect. While I do think that my pictures after 3 months do look better than before....and I most definitely "feel and look" better in my clothes, the truth is, I lost only maybe one or so inches in measurements and did not go down a size.

Also important to note I think is that my one month pics looked better than my 3 month pics, so it may not actually "get better" after 3 months. If you want to view more of my pics, just let me know. I think my results are typical. I am very happy with my results, and given what my final results are so far, I would still give it a thumbs up!!!

FYI:  Cosmetic surgeons are not the...

FYI:

Cosmetic surgeons are not the same as board-certified plastic surgeons who must study surgery in medical school,” said “20/20” anchor Diane Sawyer. “Some doctors pick up surgery techniques at a few weekend workshops and start practicing.”

Procedures including breast augmentation and liposuction were taught at these weekend seminars. Attendees included dentists, ophthalmologists and family practitioners. “20/20” challenged the quality of the certificates provided by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery to its weekend seminar attendees. It was noted that these certificates looked quite official and that a patient reading it could assume that the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery had affirmed this physician in some fashion. A spokesperson for the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery replied that a consumer of plastic surgery should not assume that a workshop or seminar sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery implies that the individual is qualified.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

I had water jet based Lipo on flanks, abdomen upper and lower, upper back, pubis and hips 5 wks ago and already weigh 15 lbs. less and wearing size 8 again vs 12 like before. So it is very possible and not at all unbelievable. I eat good and am not dieting but eat a large quantity of veggies and some fruits, very little meat/cheese, lots of beans, brown rice, eggs, nuts. Same foods as before lipo.
I meant to not wear it* lol. I also did not go down in pant size nor did I lose weight. I do wear my smaller size jeans, however, and I also do not have a muffin top anymore. I didn't have the best experience with my lipo. I wish I would have been put under. I thought it was one of the worst experiences EVER. I was in so much pain. I was able to make it to work on Monday (I had it done on a Saturday), but it was tough. I could barely get in and out of my car or in and out of a chair on my own. I was able to return to the sport that I play within 2 weeks AND I was able to go to the gym and work out everything but my abs by the 2nd week. I did cardo the first week and took it super easy. I am just pissed off that I am still numb & my skin is still weird feeling. It is hard too. I am just not sure what is going on and at this rate, I feel like I am never going to heal. I would LOVE any of your comments on this.
It will go away, don't worry, it can take a few months for it all to go down and feel normal. Be patient and relax.
How long were you numb for? I am numb and its been 2 months and 1 week. I still have to wear the garment under my clothes when I am at work because it feels too weird to not weird it with clothes on. Also, my skin is still hard and there is a hard lump near my belly button. I had my upper/lower abs and flanks done. I just want to feel NORMAL again. One more question...when can you do ab exercises?
great post! i agree with everything you said. i am one that did see pretty dramatic results as i was a size 14 the day of surgery and two weeks later, i was in a 10 (it has been 6 weeks and i am still in a 10...have not seen much change the past few weeks). anyway, i took measurements the day of and i just took them again last week and lost a total of 7.5 inches, but i have only lost about 4 lbs. and that is with diet and excercise, so if i were not watching my calories and excercising, i don't know that i would have lost any weight. in any case, i would LOVE to look like your before picture...take a look at my before and after pics and you will see what i mean. i can't imagine having a stomach that looks like your before picture, let alone your after picture. my stomach is still pretty big, but i didn't have the surgery to get a flat stomach (of course, i can dream, but i am realistic enough to know that will probably never happen)...i had the surgery so that i could wear pants that fit in the waist AND in the butt and thighs, as well as wear shirts that were two or three sizes too big to try to hide my stomach. based on why i had the surgery and my results, i can say that smartlipo was 100% successful for me and worth every penny! thanks for your post...you look great!
Jud1th2, I was wondering if you would be interested in taking a look at my before and after pics to give me your thoughts. I am day 12 from surgery and so far I think good results....
Yes if you don't mind i wish I can see your picture before and after!
that is good to know because i am 17 i fit a very tight ten as well and i hate the muffing top and my main concerns are not to loose weight after smartlipo but mainly to loose the muffing top and fit more comfortable into a ten and feel good and look great. also one thing i am concerned about is to have hanging skin after the procedure because of the fact that i am 17 and very young indeed and i still want to use the little short shirts like a regular teen and feel good about my body. i gave birth at a very young age last year when i was 16 and ever since that every time i get dressed i have to fight with my pants so that they can slip up past the muffing top and i hate looking at myself in the mirror or shopping for clothes.
I REALLy liked your post, very informative! How is your progress coming along?
Progress has been good......but I'm not sure that is has to do with the Lipo. I have changed my exercise and eating habits A LOT to have lost the weight and inches. The smart lipo did give me the jump start to do this though.
Jillybean, I think you are very accurate in your points, and I do think that many are very excited and want to post. As I said, many may just forget or it's too much trouble to follow through.....certainly doesn't mean it is a post that is not credible. Just use common sense I think! I just heard on the news tonight it my area (Philly) that there was a doctors office that got caught posting employees before pics and doctored post pics. In the news segment they showed the computer veiws of the web site and it was clearly "Real Self", as it had the thumbs up/down. It likely happens all the time on all these sites. Look for Pics, and my advice is to stick with plastic surgeons. I have to think that plastic surgeons are not as likely as others to post unethical posts.
Jillybean you are absolutely right, and I don't mean to imply to others that they will not have better/worse result than my own. My only point is that one has to look for the before and after pictures, especially when looking at a particular post to choose a doctor! I also think there are many great and dramatic outcomes from this procedure based on the posts, along with their pics. I don't doubt these results at all. I do however doubt posts that describe spectacular results that overly praise their doctors and their results...and never post pictures, despite the initial promise to do so (and then post different before pics than originally posted). Do I think all of these posts are fake, no. I'm sure that many just forget or don't follow through. But if you are making a decision about whether to choose this particular procedure, or even more importantly this particular doctor, then I think it is very important to look for the pictures and beware of those that may be posting unethically. I
ahhhhh I understand now and I somewhat agree. Yes, although I do see your point on how photos do help validate the claims in posts that it is indeed a patient and not a physician free advertising their own practice. However I think its also important to keep in mind that some people will say they will do many things that never follows through on any of them - personality flaw perhaps? Either way, I agree that it does raise some suspicion when they claim fantastic results and absolutely no pictures. Id think they'd be excited to show the progress and how long they've come? Regardless, thanks for taking the time to clarify. PS - I will make sure I post before & after pics. :)
Just to play devil's advocate .. based on your before photos perhaps you did not personally experience the dramatic "I was at a size 6-8 and now am in a size 2" and "I lost 15 lbs" because you didn't have the 15bs to loose? To me you looked pretty good even before the procedure but thats just my opinion. I agree with you about being cautious yes .. skeptical of 100lbs wt loss yes .. but 15lbs and a couple of pant/dress size results I think really depends how big the person is to begin with. And shouldnt be discarded as rubish.
I'm glad that you had good results! After I submitted my last post, I thought what I should have said is that I lost 4-5 inches overall, as I lost at least one inch most areas and close to two inches in abdomen. My size though has stayed pretty consistent. I was a very tight ten before, and now a very comfortable ten, and without the muffin top! I want to keep my post "real" so that others can know what to expect..although I do know that there are many different results. Posting pictures is essential I think.
Great post, and absolutely on point about results and about posters. I had my flanks / outer thighs done in March, and maybe "lost" 3-5lbs overall and maybe went down 2 sizes max (more likely due to better eating habits than the procedure)...also nowhere near other claims. BUT I feel fantastic with my new shape and those sections that were so resistant to diet/exercise. I didn't tell anyone about my smart lipo since I had it on a Fri and went back to work the following Mon, but people I knew have noticed something different. I regret not taking before pictures and posting 3mo post op, 6mo post op pics because it is important to be truthful about what to expect in terms of weight loss, size reduction, which are minimal and SCARS, which are such a pain to get rid of. I'm thinking about doing my abs / inner thighs next year, and if I do, I'll definately post with the aforementioned in mind. Thanks again for your post! Great idea :)