Right Surgeon, Right Procedure (Facelift)

I am so delighted with my facelift and lower lid...

I am so delighted with my facelift and lower lid canthopexy. Living here in California, we see so many bad facelifts, especially those who are pulled too tight. I am over 70 and am being approached by younger men.

In thinking of my experience and that of friends, I am convinced of a couple truths.

1. Find out who the other surgeons go to for their facelifts.

2. If a surgeon is NOT board certified, go to one who is. There are plenty who were smart enough to pass their boards.

3. Spend the money for the real thing. My friends who had mini-lifts had revisions done in a couple years and ultimately spent more money than I did.

4. If you spend more time with a "closer" than you do with the surgeon, run. They work on commission and try to sell you more surgery than you may need.

5. Fancy addresses are just geography and have nothing to do with the results you get. Also, you are paying for those high rents. Go for the best surgeon, not the best address.

Photo Update

Dr. Bruce F. Connell or Dr. Rob Kessler

Father of the modern facelift. Other plastic surgeons go to him. Other surgeons who trained under him are also excellent

Nice work! You look at least 20 years younger!
who did your surgery? I understand that Dr. Connell is retired.
hi yogajan.. you look terrific....i used to live in santa ana...in fact i worked at santa ana college for 30 years....also i'm age 74....my surgery will take place in murrieta where i now live...date is march 1....i'm very nervous...
Good luck martayela.   If you have done your research and have picked a qualified surgeon don't be nervous.  Keep a positive attitude as that will help during the healing process.  I had a facelift in November 2009.  After surgery your face will love very scary, swollen and black and blue. But give it time and the swelling and bruising will go away and you will be happy you did it.
Which doctor performed the surgery on you? Dr. Connell or Dr. Kessler?

Thanks
You look fantastic. You certainly don't look like you are in over 70. Congratulations on such wonderful results.
You're over 70? Wow! You look fantastic! I'll have what you're having...
You cannot possibly be over 70! I read and re-read that. I'm 51 and definitely look older than you! Have you always looked younger? What type skin-care products do you use? Give us some tips!
you look terrific
Thank you for your very intelligent suggestions. You look beautiful.
Where do you go to find out who the other surgeons go to for their facelifts? I had face/neck lift with a top doctor, paid $20,000 and I'm not happy with the results. After the removal of the stiches, there aren't anymore appointments with him. I called him for an apt. he said "you started looking a lot better". NOt true.
Whats the name of your plastic surgeon?You look amazing!!!Please email me back Thanks

Hello,

Provider information is shown above the review for registered users. You must be signed in to view, which requires free registration for an account.

You look very good. Can you put a picture of what you looked like before
I am having Lifestyle lift done soon. I saw a good review from MamaM in your reviews section and asked her for the doctor's name at the Westbury office that did her surgery, Have not gotten an answer, Please help. thanks
Why in the world would you do this to yourself after reading any one post or viewing pictures of ears that have been sewn on incorrectly and the SCARS, not to mention the cost of having to fix this out of your own pocket. Take a hint, spend $2000 more and get a real doctor to do your surgery. Why put yourself through all the suffering. Please read the question and answer section written by the doctors about what you are about to do to yourself.
I am talking to Atisor about a Lifestyle Lift. I am not against Board Certified Plastic Surgeons at all or face lifts. Thank goodness I found Dr. Z and he was able to help me with the LSL face given to me by Dr. Kim Kum.
Wondering if you had your LL? If you did- I hope you are happy with the results. If you did not- please reconsider. I do not recommend going to any chain facility for a facelift or any other type of surgery. There job is to sell, sell sell. I have actually seen some very bad scars. Save you money and get the real thing. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon and do your homework. Good luck.
hi u look great,i am thinking of going to the n.y office to get a lsl,but i am very scare,heard lot bad things bout other locations,if anybody knows or heard any negative stuff about the n.yc office please let me know and who was the doctor....
Carmen, please, look at the percentage of happy vs unhappy clients from this site, if this does not convince you NOT to do this to yourself, browse some of the UNHAPPY pictures, still not sure if you want to do it or not, go to infomercialscams.com and there the happy vs unhappy is 287 vs 18 or so. Still not convinced, get them to give you a list of happy clients that have had the lift for at least a year. Besides that by the time you pay to FIX your face you will have paid for a FULL FACELIFT. Why chance all the scars, pain & suffering. And to top if all off, when you call to complain, they will tell you how great you look and if you don't give up they tell you that you may need "another" type of Dr to help you with your issues (psycho).
Good Idea! I have found a good surgeon here in Atlanta now, but its what they don't tell at LSL offices that is potentially dangerous and misleading. I wish we could make them disclose all dangerous information up front along with the surgical procedures and what it entails in its entirety, instead of downplaying it to the point of being in and out and going to lunch one hour later. It just does not happen that way. Power in truth, Chrystal.
Thanks for the kind comments. A friend gave me another way to find a good surgeon. Go on line and check out the programs for plastic surgery meetings and see who is invited by their peers to lecture. It may give you some idea who is respected professionally, though not a guarantee, but something most of us have not considered.
you are 70 ??? Wow!!!I gave you 50 and not one minute more! you are Beautiful and young looking! you go Girl!
You really do look good in your photos. I wish I had known what to look for when finding a surgeon not fell for the hype of the Lifestyle Lift. You are right about having to pay more in the long run. Not only did I have to pay for the additional surgery, LSL refused to honor their one year guarantee and said I looked just fine (and the only thing that I need now was a brow lift, haha). So ladies, spend a few more dollars and get it done right the first time. Most Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons offer the same kind of "One Hour Lift" but they do not call it that and it takes more than one hour to perform. BUT, the cost is comparative in value. LSL is not cheap by any means and with today's Care Credit and other types of financing, why spend the money on something that will not stand up to the test of time. Best, Chrystal