Will my Nose Look Swollen and Big for Ever?

I got my nose surgery almost 3 weeks ago, My upper...

I got my nose surgery almost 3 weeks ago, My upper lip is so stiff and my tip looks bigger than before i got it done, all i wanted was my nostrils narrow and my tip a bit smaller! now i have smaller nostrils and a bigger tip!

I'm so scared it will stay this way, I feel regret for having done this to myself, at least before i could smile now i can't even do that, i have been a bit depressed as well, i don't want to do this again. any advice would help. thank you.

Will my nose ever look smaller and not swollen and stiff?

At first my doctor was very nice and said he would go over the procedure on the day of surgery, when i saw him that day he was too busy with personal probles to sit at my bedside and inform me of what he was about to do to me,(i was pretty scared! then when i had my folloing check up he was too busy and always in a rush ive had 2 check ups so far. Funny thing is, once he they have your money your just a number.

For many years I wanted a nose surgery and finally 3 weeks ago I got one! I did so much research on it and looked at many before and after pictures. I thought I explained myself pretty well to my surgeon on what I was unhappy with. My biggest issue with my nose was the fact that it was too wide, and I hated my big nostrils! I honestly see no difference with my nose at this point. It looks so much wider and the tip is still so big and round. I feel like I wasted so much money and still didn't end up with what I wanted for a long time. The doctors say that you will see a big difference after 2months, but when I was looking at other peoples before and after pictures you can at least see a change and it looked really nice! For mine I see absolutely nothing. My doctor also told me that after your surgery your friends and family will be able to see a nice change but my friends told me that it looks like I never even got anything done except for the fact that it looks bigger right now. I am so unhappy with my results!
I had rhinoplasty 15 days ago. Had My little hump removed and tip sorted. But I am getting so depressed n worried as with the hump gone I seem to lost the sharp nose look I used to have and my nose look way too flat now as it seems to be on the same level as my forehead which I never imagined. And from nostrils area it looks so wide now. I completely trusted my surgeon as he assured me he knows what to do. I am trying to console myself by believing its still the swelling as the area between my eyebrow and eyes never used to be so visible before the Which I am detesting. Will it get better? Plese if anyone has gone through the same let me know. Thx
has ur nose gone any smaller?
Any updates on your nose?? I have the same issue as you describe and I'm 6 weeks post op now and getting worried!!
omg im totally flipping out. Its been 10 days since my op and my nose is huge ten times the size it was. had a bump removed and some cartilage from my tip removed. The cast came off 2 days ago and ever since i regret putting myself through all this for nothing. My nose is still wonky and my tip is uneven i look like i got on the wrong side of ricky hatton. Im puffy swollen and numb. meeting my surgen on july 16th do the anti inflammitorys actually work. Im sending a word of warning out to those thinking of changing their appearence be really carful.
hey so i did my surgery like a week and a half ago,and my nose seems huge and swollen,especially the tip!
my eyes seem smaller and it bugs the hell out of me! i want my big eyes back!! does anyone know if the eyes thing is permanent or just a matter of time?
please i need help!
Ever heard of the expression: "Should be content with what the good lord gave you"? Yeah, I'd substitute that in your question. It will NOT go back to normal, nor your eyes, because you have under gone a SURGIC PROCEDURE. Yes there will be swolleness, but overall, what you're seeing is pretty much the what your going to see in the end. I'm sorry to say, although you made the decision. However, you can wait it out and see for yourself. I wouldn't count on it though... a family member of mine under went a procedure with her nose aswell, her eyes somehow looked sunked in and smaller, and there was ofcourse an obvious change in her face. Well, the doctors screwed up the surgery and messed up some nerves that made her eyes smaller. I much much prefer anyone who is reading to leave your face alone.

Thank you for your input, Dev State, but let's please try to keep this supportive. Many people are happy with their results and likely this reviewer was still experiencing swelling at 3 weeks post-op.

Wow that was cold
please i need help!
Hi everyone, I am 2 months post-op and I am having the same issue. As the time is passing, my swelling is going down, but also my tip has changed so much. It has become droopier, longer and pointy. I have no idea why this is going on. But as I start comparing pictures from the first week I took off my cast to today, my tip has definitely dropped and become longer. I'm confused why this is happening or if this is normal???
It has been 15days for me....and my nose looks so long and pointy...one side looks better than the other but still very long in general I feel like pinnochio now....I also do not want to leave my house and I just want to cry all the time I keep taking photos from the side and its making me very depressed. Is this normal will it change how can it possibly look so pointy..........I just cant beleive it will change??????????
Hi. I understand what your going through as I am very depressed about my long bulky nose as many people have thrown things at me and named and stared at me. I find this very embarrassing and had suffered from school age and had no friends because of my facial appearance. I want to look good and normal like other peoole, but too scared to go through ergery as I have no family to support me. I even hide away from crouds of people because of this. I do my shopping late at night and not durng the day were kids are around. Your not the only one feeling really down about this.
hi,

I just had my rhinoplasty 1 month and half ago. When i first came out it looked better than before but on the 2nd week, it started swelling and the tip looked like a pig, up-turned and hard. I went to the doctor and he said it was turning out nicely, and I was horrified why he would say my nose looks nice when the tip is over projected and looked like a pig. Doctor told me to wait and it takes 6 months at least to see most of it soften and it was all swelling but since I have thick skin, it might take longer. Every day was a nightmare as I kept staring at my nose hating it. Oneday I researched the internet and found arnica montana and Quercetin and Bromelain by Vita Medica (Saw lots of good reviews) so i ordered it. It's only been two days, I saw alot of improvement in my tip of the nose. I really think it's because of the anti inflammatory ingredients in the supplement. Now i have hope that my tip is going down and softening and not gonna look like a pig.... because it's changing. Thank god.
I am 3 days post op and full of regret. After a year of consults searching for the right surgeon by making sure it was clear for him to know exactly what I was looking for but for some reason I just decided that enough time has passed and I have to make a decision now so I can move on with my life so I schedualed a surgery date with this doctor based on his web before and afters skipping any consultation because I figured I would go over everything pre op which we did but I didn't really make sure he understood how I wanted my nose to look. I kinda just agreed with what the dr said he would do and I just accepted that, the whole thing was really rushed I just wanted to get it done. I originally had one nostril arched way higher than the other and wanted that lowered and to raise the columella so the it is straight out not droopy or upturned. The dr removed the downward arch of my nostrils leaving just the upward arch so it looks like a pigs nose, raised the columella and upturned the tip.
The nostrils looked the same before it's just one was higher than the other and now the nostrils are almost at the same level off by like a milimeter and they are shaped completely different. One hole is also smaller than the other in the base view. My nose is also so swollen I look like a monster . I'm so depressed right now. It's not the drs fault because he did what we discussed but I wish I would have not rushed this and explained myself better.
I am 18 days post op and I am feeling soooo depressed. I won't even go out in public because I feel so hideous. My nose before was way more attractive than it is now. I had a lil bump removed and my tip worked on because it was bulbous. Now I am left w/a smaller nose but it is upturned and unattractive. I hope it is just swelling and I will look normal soon.
I had my surgery 4 mos ago and the tip of my nose is still numb and somedays still feels tender. I feel like it is still swallon everyone says it looks great but to me the tip looks bulbus. I am also still congested.
had open rhinoplasty 8 days ago. a little was taken off the dorsal hump and tip asymetery corrected. still looks as though the dorsal hump is the same, nose looks longer. is this normal or should i see it straighter at this point?
sorry for hear that, i would love to know why did you went over it, i know the main thing, but i want to know how was your nose before that, thanks in advance. cus im all over get a nose job too, my mind just think in that, and because of that i m trying to go on with this full of sorrow life, well cya then.
please, can you post picture of you before, thanks a lotttt. and when you can, i mean when ur nose become perfect with god forward, can u post after too, i would be soo gratefull with you.
well like i said it now been 18 days after My septo and rhinopasty and Omg my nose is still swollen and it Looks Big!! especially from the angels and like the front of my face.. nd yeaa am still Depressed because of it and am hopeing and praying that it would be just swelling.. do u think if i tape itt if would help??? and is it too early 2 judge my nose well it been more then 2 weeks now nd i see no big diffrence in my nosee
im on my 5th week and my nose is realy no different in fact i look odd looking now as it has effected my eyes everyone has mentioned this as well. I still have a odd smell as well and if you get any help or suggestions on corective surgery please let me know. i wishh you all the best
well 2day is my 18th day after the surgery and no acuallly it pretty much looks the same and am still hopeing thats its just swelling.. do u think if i tape my nose it will help?? iam stilll sooo confused and frustrated nd all.. am still praying and hoepeing that its just swelling and my nose will get smaller.. do u think its a little early 2 judge my nose now?
did it eva change?