I'm Dissatisfied - Surgeon Didn't Listen when I Asked for Refined Tip and Smaller Nostrils

I'm four months post-op and I really dislike the...

I'm four months post-op and I really dislike the outcome. It doesn't appear anything like what I described to my surgeon. I asked for a refined tip, narrower bridge, narrower nostrils and to center my nose.

He unfortunately left the original masculine ball tip. I asked numerous times for a pointer and defined tip and he would give the same argument; I have strong facial characteristics and he would "semi-aggressively" refine it, whatever that meant. I even went as far as saying I wanted a fake looking nose, referring to the drastically narrow tip, because I hated my round tip so much. I even brought pics of what ideas I had in mind, not that I wanted the exact thing, I just didn’t want the round tip to stay. I then asked if I can narrow my nostrils but he was hesitant saying they were borderline, but as you can clearly see from the pics, they were clearly large and actually imbalanced; the left nostril is higher than the right and anyone would have noticed that.

The only difference I see is that the nose has a perky pulled up look, it's a little smaller, and centered. I feel he didn't do much to the tip or anything similar to what I wanted.

I'm so frustrated! This is what I get for choosing an acclaimed surgeon whose been practicing for over than 25 years?? In addition, I now have a bump on the top of my bridge (a sloppy left over from surgery, a bone he forgot to buff and once I brought it to his attention, he told me that as long as it's not visible it's ok.. WHAT??) I feel he thinks I'm blind and stupid. I went into surgery without the bump and came out with it. It's not that noticeable but it's irritating and I look at it and touch it every morning. If I pull my skin taut, you can see it and I'm scared the older I get the thinner my skin will become and it will become noticeable.

I feel like he wants to perform another surgery for alar reduction and that’s why he said to narrow my nostrils in an isolated surgery..what do you think? If he is to redo the tip, narrow the nostrils and file down the bump will I have to wait a year? I've gone ahead and posted some pics of before and after, I'm pointing at the bump. I wonder if I'm going crazy or did he really didn't do his job? Thanks

-- Updated on Sep 10, 2009:

Well-trained physician with many years under his belt but at the same time arrogant and uncomfortable to talk to. I did it because I felt unsecure with my nose.

I feel like he wants to perform another surgery...

he does whatever he wants and disregards your desire

READ THIS: If the surgeon reduces your cartilage to much and you have thicker skin especially, the new framework will not provide enough support for your nose to shrinkwrap to the new framework as it heals. This leads to scar tissue, which us bulbous, unshapely and not where you want to go. Be realistic. Appreciate the vast improvements. Give yourself a long time to heal, like a year. Then look at your before and after photos. You will be stoked! Yes it is true that the thicker skin is harder to refine. however, thick skin is not limited to one group of people. I am caucasian with Italian heritage and have thick skin and big pores. There are benefits and draw backs to having thick skin. Thicker skin does not show all the perfections, so in thinner skinned nosed, any cartilage that is not perfect shows up. Rhinoplasty is meant to achieve basic goals. But they mus tbe realistic. If you have a 4 inch nose then it probably isnt realistic to get it down to a button, it would be medically unsafe not to mention practically impossible without just cutting off your whole nose. But you can eliminate bridge bumps, give a little more definition and narrow the bridge. The bulbous tips, as mine was can be refined a bit, but keep in mind that the thick skin has to lay down on the new framework like shrink wrap. One reason why the healing process takse so long. And with that said, keep your chin up if your not happy with your resluts yet, it usually takes one year for the swelling to go down and will be experiencing subtle changes as it heals for up to three years. It is a human body your dealing with, not a wave of a magic wand and just as if you had an injury your body needs time to heal. I noticed that I was extra sleepy for a several weeks after my surgery. You just don't notice that your sprained ankle is still healing inside because your not checking it out like your face. Also, one thing I highly reccommend is to continue taping your nose at night. Especially with thicker skin.
FYI, Njsd7c34 has deleted her photo from the review.
and your picture¿?
Where are your pictures?
I really think you had a great nose job. Your nose is not too small and you look great an face. I am caucasian and I am not satisfied with my nose job because it looks upturned and unnatural so I desire for longer nose. Overdone and pug noses can not be beautiful and elegant! You look very natural, like you hadn't operate your nose.
Your nostrils are perfectly symetrical. Look at my pictures and you'll feel better about them.
You have an ethnic nose and want a caucasian nose, but it's not possible because you are not caucasian..your skin ist thick. Your desired outcome ist unrealistic,there are some limitations to the shape that can be achieved through surgery, not everything is possible. You are limited by your anatomy. No doctor will create you a very cute, thin nose, because then you would not be able to breathe!
haha. Thanks! You sound like my sister :)
Your Dr did a great job, you should be happy!!!!
I think your nose looks fab after- I would love to have a nose like yours!