Rhinoplasty for Breathing Problems and Asymmetry

I am so happy with the results of my surgery. The...

I am so happy with the results of my surgery. The recovery was so easy and the pain was minimal. I had been considering this surgery for a while because I had trouble breathing, and the assymetry of my nose bothered me.

It can be very scary having surgery on your nose, but I felt So comfortable with my doctor. My recommendation would be to choose a doctor that you are comfortable with, that has the same goals as you do, and has a wealth of knowledge. Choosing a doctor with a great reputation made my decision to have rhinoplasty a breeze!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. is a phenomenal surgeon. He made me feel very comfortable when I had my consultation. He listened to my goals and also gave me his expert opinion. His experience and great reputation put me at ease to have rhinoplasty. Now I am so happy about the results of my surgery. I was so impressed by both his professionalism and his ability to be so personable. He really listened to me and was also excited about my surgery and the outcome he anticipated. It was a wonderful experience!

Hello everyone. I'm a girl from Spain. I want to have surgery with Dr. Cochran. It will be my third rhinoplasty. I have fear. My case is complicated. I can not fly to Dallas to have the query. I have to pay $ 200 for telephone visit. I do not speak very good English. Anyone can help me? How much is secondary rhinoplasty with Dr. Cochran? please ... Thank you very much. I like to meet people from America or Europe, who want to operate with Dr. Cochran. My email is heavy1979@hotmail.com
Yes, pictures would be great. I understand that people don't like to post pictures on their reviews because I have put mine up twice and took them down after a while. But it makes the review so much better. I'm researching patient reviews for Dr. Cochran (and any other great facial PSs) so if anyone knows of any good reviews with pictures, especially revisions, please let me know. Thank you!
hello, i had a revision rhino in july 2011 and i still have many things that i don't like, uneven nostril, hump under nose from open scar, don't breath well from right nostril. i would like to have picture of people who had dr cochran because i'm thinking of him for my third rhino and i want to make sure he's good for me because i'm from canada and it's very complicated for me and very expensive so please i need help from you to be sure he's the one for me.
Hi I went with Dr Cochran. He was personable, professional, understanding and most of all honest - he manages your expectations well and will be honest.

I had my op at the beginning of November this year. I flew from the UK so that I could have Dr C operate on me. I still have swelling but this is my second rhino (first one in UK years ago) so swelling will take a while but knowing that it is just swelling and that underneath is the best nose I could possibly have with my anatomy, is the best feeling ever. People just have to be patient with swelling. Don't forget his is big op done under general anasthetic!

I'd have paid double what I paid reviewing my current results. Worth every single penny.

I can't comment on Dr Gunter but highly recommend Dr Cochran.
I went with Dr. Cochran and have nothing to say but good words. He did my 3rd revision. I struggled emotionally for Years after to failed attempts with another doctor I paid 10,000 because he had to take ear cartlidge and mine was a mess. People are shocked to find out I have had any work because it's so natural. I never met with Gunter but I loved Cochran
Hello all, thank you for your comments, they have really helped me. I am looking into a secondary rhinoplasty too. Of course I am scared too. I can identify myself with all of you because when I had my first surgery (18 years old) I never though I would have to go through this again. It is so stressful both emotionally and economically. I live in Dallas and have been saving for a while too. I have been doing research on both Dr. Gunter and Cochran. Their work seems amazing, however, I am a little confused on the negative reviews about Dr. Gunter. If you guys can tell me more about your experience with Dr. Cochran or Gunter it would really help me. Also prices too. ( I know it varies according to each patience's circumstances) but just to have a general idea. Thank you so much guys and hope that everything went well for everyone!
I understand that I never expect to have 3 surgeries on mine so his last time I did my research and trust me he has the experience and you will be so happy. Good luck with everything I will say a prayer for you :)
Hi Kristen. I just had my nose done by Dr. Cochran on the 24th of August. How long until most of your swelling went down? I'm glad you are happy with your results. Dr. Cochran is extremely gifted and I'm happy I went to him, too. My nose is really puffy though so I'm just waiting for the swelling to go down. :-) Sincerely, Taylor
Months and months so be patient at least 1 good month to see it start going down a lot then it keeps getting better. I'm 4 months out and I can tell I still have swelling but nobody else can and my family thinks im crazy cause they don't notice it. At 4 months it's not enough to bother me anymore and since this wasn't my first I know when they say a good 6 months to a year it is true so be patient and I hope that helped a little
Alrighty, well thank you so much for the feedback. Hope all is and goes well. :)
Thanks for your comment Kristen. He seems good, it's the lack of years of experience that worried/worries me. Think he's only been doing surgeries for 7 years...

This will be a second rhinoplasty for me - I'm now 32 and had last one done when I was 18 from a UK surgeon. Been saving and waiting for this surgery for so long now.

I have always hated my nose so very much and it has efinitely held me back in life due to lack of confidence - so this surgery means so much to me.

It's a long time coming.......

Thanks again for your input.
hi, how are you? I read that you had issues with your revision with doctor cochran, did it get better. i m supposed to have revision with him soon, i ll appreciate your advice . thank you
I did have two revisions and my last one was from dr. Cochran and i have been so so so excited and happy with my results from him and I will never have to so anything else to my nose because that man made it as close to perfect as possible. You should not be nervous if that's the doctor you decide to go with because he is amazing. Hope this gives you some ease of mind because after all it is a big decision.
1849Anon - were you happy once all swelling went away? Did you have revision rhinoplasty? I'm due to get one done very soon with Dr Spencer Cochran and am really nervous as the date draws nearer/ I am flying in from abroad for the op.

I'd be so grateful for your feedback. Thanks.
another thing is it took even my forehead awhile to go back to normal, I couldn't move one of my eyebrows very well but it all went away
hello hello! Trust me everything your thinking and feeling is normal. It took me a good few months to look a bit normal and my smile took awhile to not be so hard but I promise it will go away and it will be worth it. I am thinking about going to Cochran for mine to be fixed, so you like the work he did?
I have had a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty, last surgery I had he admitted to messing up and its been 7 months. I was looking into Cochran and Gunter to get this fixed. It sounds like good reviews but Im nervous on choosing. Also to answer a previous post, your smile will go back to normal!
Thanks for the reply..I'am 5 weeks post op how long does it usually take for the smile to completely come back..Or how long for the full Range of motion of the entire face?..NOt that I can't move it is just feels/looks weird TO ME..everything has been going good, aside from the swelling..I had open rhino and my nose still looks swollen especially in pic's ugh, i tottaly hate that.. I have to relax and let my nose heal..Not gona lie I was freaking out but dr C, Jane, and Ana have been unfreaking me (lol) everytime i call with my concerns!!!
Okay so I had a septorhinoplasty done on the 30th of December, I'm still swollen around the cheeks and yellow under the eyes. Today was the first day I could sort of taste my food. The only thing that is concerning me is my smile, for some reason my smile is not the same, my upper lip will not go up! Has anyone else had this problem.
yes Iam 4 weeks post and I still can't smile all the way like i used too hopefully it will get better.
okay heres a good one..LOL..I feel like I have a heart beat on my nose..lol
* antinausea *
I had my surgery yesturday dec. 9 2010..It wasn't as bad as i anticipated. I handled it pretty good.. Worst part was my nausea post op. they gave me aniinausea meds and felt better..Been eating chicken noodle soup, pudding, jello, smoothie with protein added, peaunt butter..I can't taste my food much..but i knew it would happen and I would regain my taste slowly. as far as nose pain or face pain not much at all. everything is great so far !!!
Okay thanks For the encouragement. My surgery is getting closer and closer(Dec. 9, 2010). I still a little nervous about the post op pain and results. I have about a mo. to get mentally ready. any tips how did you guys do it.??
@ 1849anon / I was thinking of going to Dr. Gunter for my Rhinoplasty. What is the cost of yours?