Considering Hyaluronidase to Fix Overinjected Lips with Restalyne

I had a restalyne injections into my upper...

I had a restalyne injections into my upper lip,(mostly), and the corners of my bottom lip, and into the nasolabial folds. The technician had a very heavy hand and I swelled up terribly. To the point where I thought my upper lip was going to burst open.

It has been 4 days, (today is tue, had it done last fri), the swelling has gone down, however, I have that duck look on the top lip, or kinda like a cat, its very awful looking. I have been hiding out. Called off work. Can hardly look my boyfriend in the face. I want it gone.

So I have been reading here on realself, about hyaluronidase to dissolve the restalyne. But what im finding is mostly stories about the eye, not the lip. Has anybody had any success with dissolving restalyne from the lip.

By the way I have contacted a Doctor from this website, and have an appt. tomorrow. However, I dont want to make things worse, and would like to hear your stories of how it affected your lip.

My fear is, after reading all the comments on the hyaluronidase, that it may cause more damage to my face, or look. I want to correct this, I dont think I can go into work in 2 days looking like this.

You need to get an upper lip lift ( bullhorn) or upper lip suspension. It gets rid of that duck/trout pout
I had restylane put into my lips and i hated it i had a huge duck-like upper lip and it was big on one side. The nurse kept saying it was just swelling but i could tell that it wasnt so i wanted hyaluronidase to get rid of it. I searched everywhere online to find info. about someone who has used it on their lips and couldnt find it, so im posting this so hopefully it will help. When i went in to get it i had to tell the nurse that i wanted it tested on my arm first because most of the people on here that have had horror stories are because they had a reaction. So i got it tested on my arm which only took 10 minutes to tell if i was allergic and then i told her to only put a couple drops in. She injected a very small amount and for the next couple hours i massaged it all over my top lip and amazingly it went down within 2 hours and by the end of the day my lip was back to normal! It has now been 4 days since the hyaluronidase and im so glad i did it and didnt have to wait 6 months with a duck like crooked lip i had already missed work school interniship and my birthday because of my stupid restylane injection so i would definitely recommend it for the lips but no matter what the dr says GET IT TESTED on your arm first and ONLY USE A COUPLE DROPS! Hope this helped :)
Dear girl who feels bad about the experience, I am so sorry that you had the negative results, but please just wait it out. I had discoloration from an IPL and while waiting it out was not always easy things do get better. I hope you are doing better now. Nothing is worth not being here.
Like you I was depressed and couldn't get out of bed for weeks. I almost dropped out of my masters program it was so terrible. I didnt see my friends for 2 months. It does get more manageable. Or maybe you just come to accept it more. Get rid of that mirror and take pics less often. I will say people aren't noticing as much as you think they may be. Hang in there. Dissolving does not always work or work completely, as I told you in my case (despite what every PS will tell you - even on this site the PS told me these "flaps" around my mouth aren't juvederm, they were always there). Well I'm starting to notice some (very minimal) improvement with them going away. It will take much more time for it to dissolve on it's own, but the point is, it will dissolve. And so will yours. I want to hear an update in spring and will give you one as well.

God, I relate to everything you are feeling, except I didn't get the hyaluronidase injected because I bruise very easily. It's been 5 months and finally I can say the juvederm is dissolving. Take a picture every week and you will see how it improves.

hi
ok, I think I need to get proffesional help, the only answer I can come up with is not to live any more, help me im scared.
ok, it has been almost 6 weeks, And let me just tell you, this experience has just destroyed me. I mean detroyed me, mentally, physically and emotionally I have been destroyed. Hyaluronidase did not seem to work on this product, now im not sure what it is. I look so funny, I mean upper lip is as big as my lower lip and sticks out over the bottom lip. My relationship with my boyfriend has suffered cause im not myself and cant seem to pull it together. I just hope and pray this stuff goes away. In 6 months if it does not, I will have to get surgery to remove it, no way can I live like this. My only hope is that it will go away, although the person that injected it said it was hyaluronic acid but a generic form. However it did not really respond to the hyaluronidase which worried me, making me wonder what the hell is this stuff. Although I have to say, from what I have read, this stuff sure acts like hyaluronic acid. Like in the morning I am much more swollen and on some days the swelling is worse than others. So I just keep hoping now that time will take it away. My life has been ruined until this stuff starts to leave my face. I have even considered antidepressants, but my boyfriend says no. And I have been avoiding my friends like the plaque, and nothing is fun anymore. GOD PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!
ok, it has been 4 days since the enzyme. And here is what I think. I either need more enzyme, or it was not hyaluronic acid. My upper lip has gone down but there is alot of product still right around the upp lip border. From the side it still really sticks out and looks funny. He injected the enzyme into the lip body, and that is where I can tell it has gone down. But I did get the impression that he was injecting alot. 0.8 cc of hyaluronidase. But now I did have almost 2 cc of filler. So anyways im going to go back on friday, im hoping that the price I paid for the hyaluronidase was for more than one visit.
I would try a small injection of the enzyme first. Most of the filler will be gone anyway.best
Dr. Seify Could you please tell me what a small amt is? The Dr. I went to used 0.8 cc of hyaluronidase in my upper lip. Now I had quite a bit of filler put in. almost 2 cc in my upper lip. (I know, outrageous) It has been 5 days. And I can still feel alot of filler in the upper portion around the lip line. I have an appt to go back on friday, but just wondering is 0.8 cc considered alot or a little of the enzyme.
Woke up this morning and got on the phone, found a doctor on this website. He was able to get me in by 10 am for the hyaluronidase injections. Had them about an hour ago, still numb from procedure. Im having minimal swelling. Almost nothing. He injected the hyaluronidase into my upper lip (where most of the product was) and decided to hold up on the lower lip for now. anyways I will keep you guys posted on how the day unfolds with the disolving product. I hope this works!!!

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

I hope its just swelling on me i look like a duck, the nurse told me to wait atleast a week. Feels like hyaluronidase is unsafer them restylane. So i think ill jeep massaging alot alot alot
just got back from work....most horrible experience of my life. Everybody knew. Im getting this taken out. Honestly I think Im going to die. This is really really bad guys.
I fel ya
Ok so today is the day I go back to work. The swelling and look is better than 2 days ago when I first posted. It has been 6 days now since the procedure. I cancelled my appt with the doctor yesturday, mainly because I am scared of doing more damage. But I am keeping that option open still. Yesturday I went in public, had dinner with friends, nobody said anything. I had one girlfriend even tell me they looked cute.LOL It seems that what I have been reading that 2 weeks is the time frame. So im gonna wait it out. They still hurt, especially yesturday after a spicey dinner and lots of talking. This just tells me that they are still swelling though, so keeps me hopeful. Oh, also it helps if I look at the victoria secret catalog, cause it seems most of the models in there have that serious pout going on. lol Gonna go look at it now. I will keep you all posted.