Absolutely Fantastic! - Toronto,ON

I chose to do this procedure specifically to...

I chose to do this procedure specifically to balance out my face. That's exactly what I got. My expectations were very realistic which obviously lead to NO disappointments. It has changed my appearance abit but hardly noticeable. Of course with every cosmetic surgical procedure there is downtime of the whole healing process which is to be expected. Not being able to sleep(the 1st week), the swelling as it slowly and slowly subsides over time, people noticing but all in all very tolerable. I absolutely love the new ME! If you chose to do a procedure like this- be realistic in your expectations!

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

From the moment I walked in I felt completely at ease. The staff is overtly friendly, extremely pleasant and very accommodating. All of my questions were answered pre & post op and Dr. Born set my expectations to realistic. I felt confident that I had chosen the perfect doctor to perform my surgery. I was awake during surgery,Dr.Born and his surgical staff made sure I was completely comfortable. They talked to me during the procedure, had music on. There aren't enough thank you's to say to Yolanda, she goes above & beyond of that of an RN. Thank you to Mary, she did a fantastic job explaining & performing the IPL procedure today. Once again thank you & thank you to all of you!! a big thank you to Dr.Born!

Hey pina I'm considering a lip lift too can you post some pictures
Hi Pina! Thanks for your review! I kive near the Toronto area and am looking for a doctor there. Are you able to forward me some pictures? Thanks!
so the lip lift didn't give you a gummy smile? how many mm did they remove?
Hi, Pina My namee is Sandy in Texas. Thank you for posting such an unlifting review. I had a very bad experience with my lift as did another member of real self that went to the same doctor in Texas. Through this site I have found ( I think) to do my revision. Without this site I would have been fit to be tied. You just can't take for granted what you are seeing in the before and after on these doctors web sites as we all know they only show there best work, as would you or I. The other girl that got messed up by this Texas doctor live's in Seattle and I will pass on the word. Seeing and hearing real reviews like yours, snowprincess, brirey, mrs. and aug2911 the other girls are able to choose a doctor that will do a good job and maybe they will not have to go through the trama I did, as if this or any cosmetic surgery goes wrong it effects not only your looks but your mental attitude. Thanks again as I know what this site has done for me. Wish I had belonged to real self and heard some of the reviews and not jumped froggie before I did my procedure, thinking it was minor and any doctor that advertises they do lip lifts would be fine. Bye for now I am so happy, your are happy. when a procedure goes well it is no time and you forget you even had it done. When it goes bad you think of every minute of the day. Sandy
Hi Sandy,

My apologies for getting back to you so late. I'm terribly sorry you and the other girl had such a bad experience. You're absolutely right with your comments above. Posting their best work and all, but unless you get feedback from actual ppl, in order to choose the best doctor to perform the surgery. When a procedure is not successful, it will definitely affect you mentally and physically. Thats the reason we go to plastic surgeons- to correct or to enhance, etc. I'm so sorry you had to and are going thru this, I hope things have gotten better for you.
Hopefully you've either corrected it and definitely have seen another doctor.
Pina
Dear Sandy, What is the name of the doctor you used in TX? Is it Yuksel (in Houston)? I am so sorry that you have had a bad time. Did you get a revision? I am looking and looking for a good doctor.
Hi Pina V C, how many mm's did he remove? Do you have any pics of just the mouth area that you can share with me? Please let me know. Thanks.
Hi alxis! My apologies for the extremely late response. I think he removed anywhere from 3-4mm's. I can't remember, but somewhere in there. Are you considering such a procedure?

i can possible get you pics of just the mouth area.

Let me know

Pina
Thank you! I believe having realistic expectations is based solely on the individual. What type of look are they trying to achieve and most importantly why they are considering the procedure in the first place.Communication is the key especially with your surgeon. What you're trying to achieve vs. what realistically can be achieved with the advice/opinion of your doctor. Therefore there are no disappointments with the end result.

You raise a good point, that it is important for people to have realistic expectations going into a procedure. If you have any recommendations or tips on how someone can help to make sure they are setting realistic expectations I'd love for you to share them. :)