Love My Invisaligns. After 13 Months, On My Retainers Now- NYC

I've had my invisaligns for 6 1/2 months now....

I've had my invisaligns for 6 1/2 months now. It was a little rough going at first. I lisped, one of my teeth was really turned, I have eight buttons, the invaslign didn't sit properly over the really turned tooth so I needed dental wax for the first two months. I got used to them really quickly! My bottom teeth are finished already, I have another six months for the top. No one notices them, not even the buttons. I don't lisp anymore either. Not only am I used to them, I actually feel a little funny when I take them out.

For the first day or two of a new tray, it is a little uncomfortable to take them out. Other than that, they are fine. My bite is better, my teeth are so much straighter, I smile all the time now. I know they won't fully correct my overbite, I'm not expecting it. I don't even know if they will FULLY correct my crooked teeth, but so far they are doing a fantastic job and I love the change already. I've also gotten very used to brushing my teeth in public bathrooms.

One more thing, my dental hygiene has gotten so much better. Now when I get my teeth cleaned, it doesn't hurt at all! Don't get me wrong, it is a bit of a pain to have to take them out to eat and brush right after, but so far it's been so worth it. I'm 43.

Updated on May 24, 2010:

After thirteen months of treatment I am now on my retainers. I am thrilled with the results. I was told to wear my retainers just like the aligners for at least six months, then I can go to nighttime only. I plan to wear the retainers for the rest of my life. I had a mouthful of attachments, they are gone now. No one notices the retainer. I am 43, I spent enough time and money and I do not want my teeth to shift back.

I chose uncomfortable, although they were not. The first day or two of the new aligners are a bit uncomfortable, but then they are fine.

I didn't take before pictures, but I tried to find some of my teeth. The first two are before, although you can't really see how bad the crooked teeth were, or the overbite. Photo 3 is during treatment with a mouthful of buttons, and picture 4 was taken yesterday.

What a nice finished result! Love the pictures!!

Dr. Albert Yee

He was completely up front with me from the very beginning. He told me everything step by step. He even told me that if I'm not willing to wear retainers for the rest of my life then this isn't for me.