So Much Money, So Much LASTING PAIN, Results Are Nil

I had this 19 months ago - there is no improvement...

I had this 19 months ago - there is no improvement - NONE, in the 'after' photos that they took at the 1 week post-op when they removed the stitches the face looks a little smoother, but that was the swelling, when the swelling went, the results went.

I paid extra for neck lipo - plenty of bruising, swelling (RN friend said they should have put in a small drain) and my result is my neck/jaw line looks uneven - but still saggy and jowly. I didn't have much sag or jowls to start, but I ended up with almost exactly what I started with, just lopsided now.

The procedure was horrifying. 1 valium and they started in within 5 minutes. I was never relaxed or sedated. The numerous shots in the face and ears were horrible.

The PAIN - 3 weeks of burning biting pain all around my ears and cheeks that woke me up several times per night, I even cried in my sleep from the pain. I had to prop up on pillows for over a month. The ace bandage around your head - forget it! It caused tooth grinding in my sleep (I have never had that) The pain around the ears like burning ant bites, with occasional shooting pains as a bonus, was daily for about a year before it began to subside. I still have pain when I wear sunglasses or wear my cell phone ear piece. I still get the occasional burning and/or shooting pains. I now have lumps in front and in back of my ears so I had to grow my hair longer to cover my ears all the time now.

Yes, I called numerous times. I only got to see the doctor once after the surgery and got the same answer as everyone else - wait 12 months. At 12 months, they would not make another appointment for me to come in. Real Professional - Professional shysters that is....

Again--thanks to each of you for your stories! I don't even think I will consider having something done by anyone. You guys have scared me to death. Maybe we should all just be happy with aging gracefully. Think I will--thank you again.
Monica, Watch out for cellulitis - a nasty infection that is a big cause of post procedure edema/swelling, if you have redness or heat in the area - you have a serious infection (to be noted that there seems to be an unusally high incidence of infection with this procedure....) Get good strong antibiotics - perhaps go to your own family doctor to let them see what is going on. Drained 4 days in a row is very abnormal, even by LSL's low standards. Best wishes,
This is my 4rd day after the procedure. I'm still not presentable and I'm still taking meds for pain. I have been back to the doctor 3 days in a row so he can drain an area on my neck. My face is quite swollen. I will keep you posted.

3 year follow up: As at the 19 month followup:...

3 year follow up:
As at the 19 month followup:
No visible results except lopsided appearance to my jawline that was not evident before (all faces are a bit assymetrical, but this is lopsided).
I still have lumps and shooting/burning pain around my ears and have trouble wearing sunglasses. Because of the lumps around my ears I will never be able to wear short hair or pull my hair back from my face.
It feels like I have little BBs under the skin in front of the ear, with the bulky lumps behind the ears.
The "Pixie Ears" of the ear lobes are a dead give away that 'something' was done to my face.
(look at any tabloid issue about bad plastic surgery, and it will show the Pixie Ears")

I am so sad that I did not go to a REAL Plastic Surgeon and spend the money on a 'real procedure'.
3 years later, I still regret this, and suffer from pain and discomfort.
I wish I had my money back.
The terrible memories of the procedure still haunt me.
Thanks Ladies I have been seeing the comercials for the life style lift and wondering if I should get this for my Mother for her B-Day . Because she has mentioned it to me several times . I also want to thank you for your bravery in posting the truth about the LSL. You have been very helpful .
3 year follow up:
As at the 19 month followup:

3 years later, I still regret this, and suffer from pain and discomfort.
I wish I had my money back.
The terrible memories of the procedure still haunt me.

----------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST FROM JUNE 2009:

NEW AFTER EFFECT - I now have Trigeminal Neuralgia...

NEW AFTER EFFECT - I now have Trigeminal Neuralgia - caused the the heavy scars.

Trigeminal neuralgia is horrifying pain -
and now I have to take heavy
anti siezure medicine 4 times
a day to try to control the neuralgia.
The medicine is ruining my life, my energy,
my personality.

Imagine every tooth in your
head hurting in sharp pain at the same time,
and electric shocking pains shooting along your
face, ears and up your head.---- that is trigeminal
neuralgia. absolutely debilitating and devasting.

It is now on both sides of my face and my family
doctor says it never occurs on both sides, and the only explanation has to be the bulky scars from this proecedure are now causing pressure around the trigeminal nerves.

The nickname for trigeminal neuralgia is 'suicide disease' because the pain is so over powering and horrible.

Anyone else having trigeminal neuralgia?
(at first because your teeth hurt, you try a dentist, and orthodontist, but it is far more than the teeth) You need to see a neurologist.

Dear Lovely, I am so sad to hear of this latest development in your ongoing LSL saga. It is a sad, sad thing that we can no longer trust Doctors who have taken an "Oath" to "Do No Harm" especially if they know that the procedure is outdated and has minimal results. I find it sad when I read new happy posts and I often wonder if they will ever come back and post the TRUTH. I do believe that a very few are lasting longer than 3 to 5 year and would say that is not the norm. Of course I too had the shots and when someone writes that they had no pain or minimal pain I wonder if they have any feelings in their face. I am so sorry for your troubles. I do hope that you can find help to relieve the pain and to get some lasting relief. I wish there was something that I could do to help. Thank you for posting your story and I hope that other people will read this and take the time to really investigate this SURGERY, this Company and the advertising tactics. At least get a 2nd opinion from another doctor in private practice. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
If I read Consumer Reports to buy a toaster or a car, and the reviews were about 50/50 I WOULD NOT BUY THAT TOASTER OR THAT CAR - so why are we trusting our selves, our health, our faces, to a company with such poor ratings?
It shouldn't even be a question - DON'T DO IT!
Would you take a 50/50 chance on a toaster or a car? NO
Why do it with your health, your life, your well being, your face?
agree ditto reposted!

6 year follow up - the horror continues..... SIDE EFFECTS ARE SERIOUS AND PAINFUL AND LASTING

6 years later, I still suffer pain and scars from my LSL procedure. I agree with Chrystal - I wouldn't do it again even if it were free.
THE BONUS SIDE EFFECT: TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA (Look it up, it is nicknamed the suicide disease) CONTINUES on EACH side of my face! Doctor says it NEVER happens on both sides, so he says it has to be the scarring from the LSL procedure (I finally, totally embarrassed, admitted to him that I had had). 3 YEARS LATER, I still to take anti-seizure drugs every single day to try and control the episodes. Look up the side effects from those medications. In the politest terms I can say on online - it sux.
As I re-read my original post about the procedure - the horrible memories and sensations came back - the shots, the burning flesh, the lack of compassion and lack of sedation.
WHAT A CRAZY NIGHTMARE.
Please - if you are considering LSL, Lifestyle Lift, - go see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in faces/facelifts - ask them to evaluate you for the procedure, and what is realistic for you and what isn't. THEN, ask them what they think of the LSL.
One plastic surgeon that I went to see, told me he had seen 7 patients in the last 3 months, all with very botched LSL procedures that all needed corrective procedures to try to fix. BOTCHED eyes seemed to be a very common problem, followed by bad scarring, swelling, infections, uneven results, & very poor results.
The one good thing - after 6 years, I no longer notice how lopsided my face looks.

Most are NOT in a Certified Medical Facility or Surgical Facility --- that is NOT GOOD.

6 years later, I still suffer pain and scars from my LSL procedure.
As I re-read my original post about my experience DURING the procedure the pain-filled weeks afterwards, the entire painful NIGHTMARE came back, the numerous shots in the face, the sounds, the smells (burning flesh), and the long painful recovery - all for BAD RESULTS.
If you or someone you love is considering LIFESTYLE LIFT - GO SEE A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON that specializes in faces/facelift. Get a real evaluation of what can be done, and how long the recovery will be. Ask the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon what he/she thinks about LSL. ALSO - go to a certified medical facility, surgical center or hospital. Now that I know what could have happened during all of those shots (that thankfully ONLY caused my arms and hands to tremble uncontrollably), I feel fortunate, I did not have a medical emergency happen in their office - which is just an office - in an office building - with software firms, insurance companies, and consulting firms - not one medical practice of ANY KIND in the entire building EXCEPT LSL. I may be giving them too much street cred by referring to them as any type of 'medical practice'.
Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I am so sorry that you now have to take meds for this condition, trigeminal neuralgia. How awful. I am still in awe that NO-ONE has headed up a nation-wide investigation into this company that went from "hair implants" to "facial plastic surgery" that only takes an hour. Come on folks. It is not a procedure, it is SURGERY. Don't just research your physician and see that he is licensed, research this Lifestyle Lift company. Watch the 8 part video that is now posted here at realself. Make an informed decision. When you think about it, what is $2 or $3 thousand more when you are looking at years of scars and potentially other medical trauma like Lovely Lady is suffering through? Nothing. You are going to pay one way or another, now or then. Take our advice and at least get a 2nd opinion. Don't base your face on a infomercial. It is just not worth it. Please watch the following videos. They speak volumes. http://www.realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video

How will history view the decade of the 'Lifestyle Lift'.......

Years from now I think LSL will be a case study in Medical Scams, like the old old ads selling tape worms as a 'modern method' for weight loss from the 1920's.
such a tragic story --- 6 years later --- it's just so sad that they can do this to someone and never blink an eye --- wouldn't you just love to turn the table and do the surgery on him!!!
Thank you Chrystal. I watched the video - OMG! I wonder why hasn't 20/20, NIGHTLINE, DATELINE, someone - jumped on this story? Then I realized: Probably because ABC, NBC and CBS make money from running the LSL infomercials in the middle of the night.
Oh you are soooooo right. They make money on advertising. And I will add that TV46 Atlanta was sued after the 8 part series ran and remember the part where Kent says "any woman who has a problem can contact me...blah, blah, blah"... Well, I called as I was told to do and you know what he wanted to know, He wanted to know who initiated the contact between me and TV46, I kept telling him that I did and he just did not get it. He never said a word about what they did to me, he didn't want to know about me, he wanted information so he could sue TV46. Haha.
Dr Dahiya at Reston Office

Poor procedure, no sedation, lots of pain during and after, no follow up care, no real results except pain, lumps around the ears and a lopsided jaw line, lack of follow up with medical staff, would not give follow up visits. Offered to 'fix' the results for another $7000.