2 Years After my Liftstyle Lift and I Still Have Nightmares

Initially I spoke with a young lady. She answered...

Initially I spoke with a young lady. She answered some questions looked at my face and said OH DEFINITELY this is what you need!! I was in my 40's. My neck had absolutely NO crapeing or sagging of any kind. I actually was there to inquire about a "reshaping" of my jawline. Thought I might be better off with a chin implant. NO NO NO she says this is the thing for you!!! Plus you'll get liposuction under your chin and you'll look like a million bucks! Sign here....

So the day comes and I walk in and the people behind the desk didn't even look up. Had to go over and ask if I was in the right place. Sure didn't look like a doctor's office. But hurray! I sure was in the right place. Have seat...for 45 mintues. Finally I get summoned into a room where another girl comes in and takes some before pictures saying they'll take another once procedure is done. This should be FUN! Before and After Yay.

Here comes the doctor. He's cute. Young and looks clean enough. He looks at my chin and sides of my face and says, "What results were you looking for?" Uh oh red flag. If he doesn't know then why am I here. I said I wanted more definition in my jawline. He said...here it comes...."You need a chin implant!" Something he said he could definitely talk to me about! I thought well great I'll just leave and make another appointment to discuss implants and that will be that. But in his next breath he says "So follow me..here we go!

Huh? Still going to do this procedure on me are you? Ok well you're the doctor I guess I'll just be a lemming and follow you right along. And unfortunately I did.

After about 100 SCARY painful shots around the entire parameter of my head there I was. Tears pouring down my face and finally somebody comes with a tissue to wipe them away. And the cutting begins. There's a reason you should be asleep during these things. You can feel and hear the cutting and tearing of the tissue and it's SCARY AS HELL. At one point I feel an intense sting and say OUCH! Another shot and they continue. Then suddently he's pulling what I assume is a muscle from my belly button up to my temple and stapling it in place. That really HURT! Oh yeah you bet it did. And I still had to have it done on the other side! Mommy!

I can't even believe I sat there through that whole experience.

Finally it's over and they put a huge bandage around my head and send me out the door. That's it. See ya wouldn't wanna be ya. My son came to pick me up and I collapsed in his arms. I literally almost fainted. Not only could I NOT go back to work he had to take 3 days off to take care of me.

Now mind you I really didn't experience any after procedure pain. The pain from those shots was more than enough. I was just nauseated beyond belief and sick at realizing what I'd just let somebody to do my face.

Worst experience of my life. I'll never have another thing done to my body that isn't abolutely necessary.

Came the day to remove the stitches and where's my after picture? I was to bruised from top of head to chest to have one take and this was 1 week later. Swollen and bruised and looked like I'd fallen off a 10 story building and felt like it too. Oh yeah and there's the tell tale scar that peeks out from below my left ear. That's always nice.

When I walked into the office there were clients there waiting to go in. They looked at me and 2 of em got up and walked out. The fear in those eyes was something I'll never forget.

So in conclusion I spent 4,000 for something I DIDN'T NEED even according the the doctor who did the procedure. Bunch of money hungry fiends who'll do whatever it takes to convince you this is what you need! Please don't do it.

Did you have a mini face lift and lipo done? I have scheduled an appointment for 25 July 2011 and after reading this I have so many reservations. The doctor who will do the procedure is board certified which sounds like after reading all of these horror stories really does not make a difference in getting a good face lift.

Thx Stinkerman
What's up with these doctors touting 'localized' anesthesia surgery, thinking they can get away with doing local anesthesia because of the complications involved with general anesthesia? They figure then that more will want to get cosmetic surgery done because it will be 'safer' and assume not painful either. A qualified clinic/hospital will have a certified, licensed anesthesiologist whose job it is to make sure that you'll be safe under general anesthesia - or even the 'MAC' sedation which would probably be more appropriate for cosmetic procedures. They're saving their ass from malpractice suits regarding anesthesia complications, but then turning their patients into Holocaust victims in keeping them awake and barely anesthetized during major surgery! I had lipo done on my legs where a laser was also used with only local injections - at one point it felt as if a scalding hot seraded knife was slicing my leg in half - I actually screamed (and I have a high tolerance to pain!) and the surgeon was 'shocked' saying he couldn't understand how it could be painful with all the shots they gave me! Well, perhaps because you HIT A NERVE, Dr. Asshole? UGH! (It may not be as severe as open heart, but cutting up your face & cutting & removing other parts of your body is not exactly the same as treating a splinter either!)

There'a few thingsI want to say here. I have as of yet had any experience with lifestlyes, however I have had a complete face lift with implants, the whole ball of wax. I did all my homeworked and picked one of the so called "Best of the Best" In Sacramento,

I am not afearid to mention his nam as Anything I say or write is the truth. His namei DR K and is in Sacramnto california.

Mu surgery cost a grand total of 14 thouand +. He scewed up on one of the cheek implants and it started worng it's way out through my face. I was in Mexico and mind you it was around 4 monthsafter the surgery. A Mexican doctor told me to get back to the states ASAP and get it out of my face.

I did but I was charged for te remova and left with a nice big indentation on on side of my face and I had to pay for the emoval.
To top it off The Nice Doctor tol me after post-op that I looked like person who had aid's.

I have since called his office re replacing th implant as it drives m nuys emotioally and physically. He never takes the call only the rcetionest. I have been contiouly referred to another Doc to have Sculptura injections, The latest I was told by her, that due to scar tissue I couldn't have the implant replaced. WRONG!

I have been to three other surgeons who have all said it could be replaced no problem.BUT I DON'T NEED IT MY CHEEK BONES ARE VERY STRONG and SHOULD HAVE NOT HAD IMPLANTS TO BEGIN WITH but do the hollowness from the removal of the bad one I nedd to either remoe th other implabt and have a central face lift or just leave it in as it is so subtle, the lift would prettey much put it all back to where is should be.

When I asked one doctor why did he put them in, the reply was "MONEY."When I told one doctor I Had to pay him to remove the bad implant he just shook his head,

I was consious during the facelift and I will never forget when he was pounding away at my left cheek hearing him say "God I am so tired." I mumbled not now.

I had numbness for a longtime, no problem, that is normal after the surgery. No pain while healing. Swelling and bruising yes but expected.

Have I continued to age? Of course, a face lift doesn't stop the process. Will you feel better afterwards? If it's done right you'll feel like a million dollars if not, you'll hate yoursef for being so stupid forever. If you not among the rich and famous, with an unlimited bank account, you can't aford a mistake from doctor with poor ethics. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

What I am trying to say that no matter what you have done there are risk. The difference froma good doctor and a bad one is a good one will do his best to mak the scew up better and not charge you. They won't make hurtfull statements.

Also no mater what you sigh you have the right to sue. I didn't know this until it was to late. I d I had I would have settled this in a court room in a New York minute.

I trusted this doctor he had everything in order and he also prides himself as being an advocate against domestic violence against women. I always remember seeing that plaue on his wall as I walked aout after he had verbally ripped my soul out after telling me I looked like I had Aids. Words never heal bruises do.

I am looking at 6000 more dollars to have his screw up fixed,Goes he care? Of course not.

No matter how tell you do your home work there are risk. I quarantee you tho if anything sounds to good to be true it's usually false.

Actually I am, looking at having the wotk done in Mexico for a fraction of the cost here from a doctor I have known and trust for sometime now. She has been doing my fillers for a very long time. Trying to cover up the Expensive Americans doctors screw-up at a fraction of the cost for fillers here. My Botox injections cost so little here it would blow you awy at just how much the states are really ripping us off.

However where ever you go make damm sure you know al about whom you are dealing with before you hav anything done. I thought I had all bases covered, but evedently I
didn't dig deep if so wouldn't be here warning all of you. BECAREFUL!!!!!!

Hi Kath,

Would you mind if I moved this to its own review, so more people can read your story? You can also post photos, etc.

Thanks!

--Sharon

i sent you a meassage stating that you may use this story anywhere and every where. I gave the doc's name.

The story needs editing as I didn't read over it before posting, and as you can see there are many typo's.

kathleen
It's very sad that these women have had such terrible experiences. I do know however that in my area at least, the surgeons at LSL are BOARD CERTIFIED and have their own practices. I have researched all of them and interviewed all of them as well. If you go to the LSL site and see how they recruit docs, you will see that incentives are good for the surgeons. Maybe I'm in an area that's a little more selective, I don't know. I also met with the consultant/salesperson. She was nice enough but of course I knew she wasn't a medical person. She didn't pretend to be. I saw the doctor as soon as I asked to, and he came back in twice at my request to answer subsequent questions. My expectations were in line with what LSL does. I knew about the injections and the real recovery time, and planned for it. Everyone has numbness and scarring. Numbness usually subsides. It's not instant! Scarring fades, but you have to take care of yourself. This is not Tinkerbell tapping you and making you instantly younger. Have realistic expectations and you won't be disappointed.
Dear ElleninSFBa,
I was told my expectations were in line with what LSL does and was not expecting Tinkerbell to tap me on the shoulder. But I was expecting the results they promised me when I went in for the consultation. Beginning as soon as 4mth post surgery I could see lines in my neck start to form from where he drapped the skin and the sagging skin was not addressed as they promised. When I went in to pick up my after pictures,and view them with the tec that brought them in she could only point out the slight improvement in the jowl line. Which now 10mth later Jan. 31, '11, there is really no evidence left of any improvement in the lines around my mouth or my neck and I have scars and numbness only as a result.

2trusting

Thx Stinkerman
Dear Stinkerman,
So you are a gentleman. In my experience many of the dr.s LSL contracts with have very questionable backgrounds...Have lost licenses in other states, are licensed in many states. They are transient in the fact that they cut and run. And if there is some kind of follow up problem as in my case, the dr. falsified my medical records, saying I was completely happy with my results, left LSL and is now terrorizing people in his own "SPA" in Lawerenceburg, TN.

Please be carefull. They are under criminal investigation, the Medical Director, Dr. R. James Koch has left the corp. and on pg. 3 & 4 of Your LSL Guide they give you in your packet states unequivocally false statements about the training of their dr.s, that eventually will have to be refuted. The outcry for changes in the laws against corporate medicine is growing. If you let them touch your face, if something goes wrong, you wind up in a very bad place.
Thank God I found this site. I was seriously considering a lifestyle life after watching the late night infomercials. Looks so easy. They make this sounds so NOT invasive and with a quick recovery. Not after ready this. These people sound quite incompetent as well as not professional at all. I am 58 and am really starting to wrinkle and sag but I always worried "what if a facelift doesn't come out OK?" and it looks worse then when I started. I will just continue to look in the mirror at these wrinkles. Afterall I guess I eared them. Looks like chances are good that it wouldn't come out well with these people so I will just age gracefully and spend the money on something else. I don't like pain and throwing my money away. Thank you everyone for being so honest.
WOW!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS!! We just got the phone number for the Lifestyle Lift and were all gung-ho!! Until we read the comments and saw the "after horror photos", Both my mom and I were considering this procedure--BUT NOT NOW!!!!! No WAY!! Thank you all for being soooooooo honest, we wish you all of the best in recovery for the future!!
Regarding LifeStyle Lift: I went in for a consult. I was seen not by a Dr. but by a 30-something male "medical consultant" who assured me I would be an excellent candidate. When I asked when I would see the Dr. I was informed that I would meet him on the day of my surgery. Wrong answer. I've had 2 cosmetic procedures to date: upper and lower eyelids and breast reduction, plus three of my friends work for plastic surgeons, one as a surgical nurse, so I'm fairly informed. When I refused to consider the procedure until I spoke with the surgeon, I was told to wait for 10 minutes. After 25 I was informed he simply didn't have the time to see me, but if I signed up today, he could possibly meet with me before the surgery. Also, the advertised price is $5,000. I was quoted $6,200. (the cost of the facelift plus lipo, which I really didn't need) and that price was only good for 60 days. After that time period it would go up to $7,950.!! Only $1000. less than a full facelift, brow lift and chin implant done by an excellent surgeon in the SF Bay area. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It's a sausage factory, don't fall prey.
Hi, Could you tell me the name of the SF plastic surgeon you mentioned in your post? I'm looking for one. Thank you!!
Who is the doc in San fransico/ i would be interested.
I am so happy I decided to do some research on this Lifestyle Lift procedure. As I am writing this there are two advertisements I have cut out of publications in the Dallas area showing women who have had this done and lookin good. Horrors I am so glad that I have seen and read these postings I will be saving for a while longer for a board certified plastic surgeon,ya know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn't. I think these people prey on the women who need a little work,not financially able to go to a plastic surgeon(too costly)someone who is still working and can't afford the down time of a face lift or the expense. Why doesn't someone sue these folks are why are they still in business? Why doesn't the American Medical Association or someone get involved and shut these folks down and stop allowing them to torture and butcher these women,almost myself? I am appalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to all the women who have had the courage to admit to getting taken and for sharing their frightening,gruesome experiences I say Than you from the bottom of my heart because I was set to call for an appointment so I could look really lovely for Xmas Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Interested, I did do my homework as I am sure other women & men also attempted to do. 2 years ago, you could not find realself due to all the fake websites that were hosted by you know who. Everything that I read made LSL seem like a new and innovative procedure that only involved 2 small incisions on each side of your ear in the crease and if you were having the neck area done, one small incision under your chin. In fact at the website hosted by LSL at that time, it basically stated that you could return to work with minimum downtime, commercials showed women having the procedure done and going out to lunch with their significant other. Another thing, they never say surgery... that is one word they try to keep from saying. In so far as looking up the surgeon that did my face, I did look him up at the State Board, nothing on there bad about him at all. The training provided to LSL employees who greet you in white coats (which make you think they have medical training but are actually sales people) give you a false sense of well being. Other surgeons use general anesthesia for procedures and you don't hear women complaining about being stabbed repeatedly in the face with needles. My point being that the procedure itself seems to be flawed due to the fact that most patients complaints are basically the same. We were never told about how many times we would receive shots in the face and neck and the extent of the surgery was NEVER discussed. Going forward though, I have to agree with you that had I found this website first, I would never, ever had LSL touch me. I believe that with the information available now any person reading these posts should get at least 2 medical opinions and not believe everything that they are told, get a board certified facial plastic surgeon and talk to other people who have had the procedure that they are considering. The target marketing of LSL is for a specific age group of women and they market it well. A spin factory... the commercials have changed from when I had my LSL but still I don't believe that they give the consumer the information needed to make an informed decision. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Can you imagine having surgery, major surgery on your face with all the facial musculature and nerves and not having pain shots? I wonder how did you ladies think that out patient surgery was going to happen with out some form of pain medication? Its a common complaint but the only reason the surgery is so much cheaper is you are not in a surgical suite where an anesthesiologist is both of those things cost over 3k right there, thats why you are in an office suite having this done. I cant believe that people are allowing doctors to cut their faces open and not checking their credentials first, I can't believe that some people are letting someone they met when they were rolled into the room for the procedure. Its your face what were you thinking. My friend was back and work and was on TV a week later, she met with a surgeon and said no way would I let this guy touch me, met with the other surgeon who was a board certified plastic surgeon not someone who did a weekend seminar - and had great results. Its on the person who is getting this done to get the absolute best person they can, you need to research and meet with these people or any one who is going to be doing this type of procedure - do your homework!
Here is another link that you may like to read: http://www.antiagingcompared.com/lifestyle-lift -- this is just some of the hype that potential clients must overcome to get to the real facts of a LSL. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
I just had the LSL 3 days ago. I'm pretty nervous after reading the posts here...its still too early to tell the results. Right now I look like a cabbage patch kid. But I was given pain shots. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I wasn't as freaked out by the sound of snipping and stuff. Plus they give you a drug cocktail to calm anxieties. I had some fractional laser done on my forehead as well. There were many local shots given and the problem was that the shots numbed a small area so when they went over my forehead with the laser it was hit or miss over the numbed areas. So I had the pain of the shots and the pain of the laser. Mercifully it was pretty quick. I don't recall any pain during the lift and the neck surgery. They really downplayed the amount of pain I'd experience afterwards though. The first night was really rough after all the local anesthesia wore off. I felt a little nauseated and I was afraid to take any pain meds for fear of throwing up. With the sutures and swelling I couldn't even open my mouth very wide. By the second day I was able to take the meds and could sleep for long stretches of time and watch tv or amuse myself. The first night I could only sleep for short periods of time and could only think about how much pain I was in. I continued to swell up which I was told would happen. Most of the swelling occurs on the 2nd and 3rd day. Tonight I take off the bandages. My doctor seems good, and he gives more of the straight scoop than the sales people or even the nurse. My daughter ran into a patient who was getting a follow up appt. when she picked me up. The woman told her that the first few days I'll really regret having had the procedure but then I'll love it in the end. So apparently she was pretty happy with it.
I am scheduled to have this LSL procedure done this week but having second thoughts. I did meet with the dr & checked on his credentials. I am very concerned and sorta scared on these injections. I guess it is painful. They told me the pain would be for only about 4 min until they take effect. Is this true? I am also concerned about the scarring. I had surgery and have keloids, wonder if it could happen in front of my ears?
Interested1 that's not true. I am in no way recommending lifestyle lift in fact I'd disrecommend it. Just look at the reviews, the lawsuits, the court orders. That says it all. But having surgery under local by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and it be relative painless is very possible as I have been through it. Look at my before and after pictures and my review (just click on my profile) Robert
Oh my precious God. I am so glad I found this by accident tonight. I had just jotted the phone number down for Lifestyle Lift over the weekend. I had planned to make appt. for myself. I'm 65, but look 40. I just wanted to be tightened under the neck area. I have no wrinkles anywhere on my body, not even my face. I just have a short neckline. I hate my side profile, but I'm thinking I'll be loving it forever now. I pray for you ladies who have had such horrible experiences. I'm very sorry it happened to you. Thank you for your bravery in sharing with us. God bless you. Eve
Dang!!! I want to know what your beauty secrets are for staying so youthful looking?! If I can avoid wrinkles early on (I'm 46 year young)I can stop watching all the testimonials about LieStyle lift.!!! Thank you all for convincing me not to romance the thought any longer...Peace, Love. Nena0101
Hi Eve, I, too, was bugged with my neck (and jaw) area and saw the ads for Lifestyle Lift and stumbled onto this site. I thank GOD that I did. But what I did was find a fantastic surgeon~ a good book to read is "A smart woman's guide to plastic surgery". Anyway, if you decide not to have surgery, that's great- but if you want it, you can get it with fantastic results with the right information and Dr. I am ecstatic I did it! And I feel so horrible for all the women who have butchered by this awful company. Good luck with your choice ; ) Take care!