Embarrassed and Disappointed - I Fell for the Commercials

I fell for television commercials, magazine ads,...

I fell for television commercials, magazine ads, the one hour procedure, immediate improvement and the pre-procedure red carpet treatment.

I cannot see any noticeable improvement in my face. Several months after the procedure, I had a neck revision and six months following that procedure, I am stuck with what the physician describes as swelling that will eventualy go away. I believe at this point, I am stuck with a bad result, to put it mildly. If I had it to do over, I would have gone with a reputable plastic surgeon and not the "Lifestyle Lift" route.

The procedures (2) were painful and I don't know how you can see immediate improvement when you leave looking like a mummy. Following the procedure, you will never be allowed to come through the front door. You will arrive through a rear entrance to wait to see someone and wait along with the other unhappy clients.

I am ashamed, embarrassed and disappointed. What a waste of my money, time and energy.

I do not recommend this procedure for the majority of women. A smaller percentage may benefit.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

4 years later I still have open insisions from operations, not anything I expeceted. hope someone will contact me, J
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

My Dr was Fink, he tried to fix the problem, even said I was his most repeat visitor,I had very bad scaring and like I said I still have a open wound behind my ear to this day, I got the same tretment others mentioned, in and out the back door with others having problems.I will try to email in the pm.

Dr Fink is in southern California
Well if you haven't already, write to your states medical board and have others do the same.
I attempted to post something that appears to be lost. Aside from legal research regarding outstanding lawsuits against a physician or a company; take a witness who is willing to take notes and testify in court if necessary. Be careful about paying someone for this help or assistance.

If a doctor does not allow other people in the examining room who can act as a witness - run, do not walk away from this physician.

Also, I mentioned writing your own contract about what you expect as a result of a procedure like LSL. I would be very hesitant to use a doctor that got upset or became angry if I presented him with my own contract.

Take control of your life. Stop reacting to problems instead investigate and ask questions first. Remember, if a doctor doesn't like being held up to his own statements regarding the outcome -you may want to reconsider undergoing the procedure.

i been wanting to go for lfl for the last couple of years and went to many plastic surgeons in canada thinking they would do the procedure, but they were all against it. at the time i was going to go to the states to a dr in phoenix. i sent my photo and he said i would be a good candidate. now i'm sooooooo glad i read this site and will wait for a full face lift with a canadian reputable plastic surgeon. thank you, i learnt a lot

Stand-by. I will be sharing, when my time is right.
Take your time. When I had mine done, although my family knew, I was too embarrassed & felt too stupid to say how I was duped. It's been over 3 yrs for me& I just told my Mom before Christmas. I just felt so stupid!
This is a patient that I have tried to contact several times and she does not respond. If she had a revision just from her submental area, it means that the rest of her lift looks well. Obviously you will have more swelling around an area of revision than from the primary surgery just because of the scar tissue. I have an open door policy at my office, so I do not know why this patient does not come in. As you have seen I have many happy patients, but this one does not add up on her complaints and not wanting to respond to us. I just hope that I can help her also.
Who did you try to contact?
Alternatively, this may just be a patient fed up with Lifestyle Lift. It is entirely possible (based on the comments on this website) that many unhappy LSL patients want to run as far away as possible from a repeat experience.
You nailed it right on the head....
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Can any one explain what it is that the do? I've tried to find out on a number of sites, but it seems like a big secret. Is this done with "strings"?
When I had mine done in 06, they woun't tell me a thing unless a made an appointment. Upon going there, I was told it was a small incision in the folds of the ear, in which they take aninstrumeny=t&lift the musclt, tighten it w. a permanent suture& u can go to lucnh& back to work the next day. What I got was an incision thatstarted from near the temple down the fron of theear, under the ear, back of tjhe ear going up. Basically, thay diseccted my ear. #+ yrs later I am still in terrible pain, have nerve damage, on the left ear, he stretched my ear down7 swed it to my face. The day after whenI was told to clean the incision, I saw the huge incision& called, The DR never once called me back. When I returne to get my stitches removed, He said I need a revison. When I asked what that entailed (thought maybe he'd dislodge it from my face), he said it would be too risky, but he'dstretch my right ear down& sew it the way he did my rgt ear. I ran out of there. NOt once did the Dr call, corporate called w/ a bunch of mumbo jumbo& here I am ,still in pain, don't know what they did to me,because they don't keep surgical reports& many P.S are afraid to touch me. That's my experience/ Please get several opinions, call the APBS& check on your Dr& also your states medical licensing board to get an idea of if the DR has any complaints. Many PS, especially here will see you for free if you mention realself, or at least answer all questions you have.Some happy people, many unhappy we see here. Read up on what we've been thru. I hope this helps. No strings, just HUGE incisions, painful shots (many) and the smell of your burning skin. Good Luck& PS- They do NOT say anywhere what this procedure entails.Not that I have found& I looked. The women here all will tell you. Search "LifestyleLift& read..
Geez, what happened to my edit button? Sorry to all, my KeyBoard was accidentally drenched with orange juice. I didn't bother ck'g for typos.
Not only check on the APBS website, also check the ABFPRS website for board certification on Facial Plastic Surgery. These are 2 entities that board certify a physician for plastic surgery of the face.
No strings. The website , ads, brochures, etc do not tell you what they do.You may get told the truth on your consult. When I went, I was told a small incision, in which they pull the muscle up& put a couple of permanent sutures. What I got was an incision that starts about the area of the temple coming down the front of the ear, going backwards under the earlobe, up behind the ear, then an incision that goes slightly backwards.I had no clue! Check the Dr's credentials, the AMA, your state's medical licensing board, the American Plastic Surgery boards (MD& D.O. boards)the specialty the DR has, ENT, etc.I didn't know I could get info about a DR til well after my 1st yr. post op.PLEASE check the Dr. out, ask to talk to former patients, get 2nd& even 3rd opinions& check them out. There are Doctors here on Realself that may offer a free consult or low cost consult by mentioning Realself.com.They will answer any questions you have here, and you can make an appt here.If you have problems, please ask Sharon or Tom @ Realself.com & they will direct you.This is a bigger procedure than I was told & I have pain 3.5 yrs later.It is your face& I wish I had known you can check out a doctor.I easily would've paid more or waited to get a full facelift years down the line. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
I am happy that you had a good Dr. Believe it or not, it think it's awesome. But we weren't afforded that luxury& get slammed cause we tell our stories.We can't all be wrong!
please tell me if Dr Diaz did your surgery- I am scheduled to do a lifestyle lift next month and Im reading all this and almost ready to back out.I am 45 years old,
hI, Dr Diaz did my surgery and it turned out great. I am only about 6 weeks out but I am pleased to have my jawline back! I was off work for about 10 days and the first few nights were uncomfortable but not unbearable. Good luck! It was worth it for me, hope it is for you.
You are too young to have cosmetic surgery. I am 53 and I am just now "thinking" about it. My skin is wrinkle free b/c I have worn sunscreen for 30 years but I'm "starting" to see alittle sagging but not enough to worry about. I would wait if I were you.