Fraxel Re:Pair NIGHTMARE! Hyperpigmentation, Severe Redness, Laser Track Marks! - California

I am hispanic with tan skin. I am one month post...

I am hispanic with tan skin. I am one month post fraxel repair and the treated area is still very red, with hyperpigmented spots (brown spots) and laser track marks. Please-in specific detail-tell me what to do for this!

This is not the "walk in the park" that I was told it would be! Should I begin Tri-luma? Renova? What is going to make my skin color and texture normal again? It's horrible, dark and bruised looking, and bumpy with laser track marks; it looks very wrinkled and discolored! No make-up can even begin to make me look even semi-normal, not even Jane Iredale! My life has completely stopped and I've been in hiding for 30 days now...please help me!

Please help me end this nightmare and get my normal life back.

I was contemplating this treatment for shallow acne scars, fine lines and a little sagging from weight loss. I am so thankful to you ladies for posting this information and preventing me from taking this risk! My deepest sympathy goes out to you as I was close to possibly being in your shoes. I hope that you all find a way to bring your skin back to normal. I am so sorry this happened to you. How can doctors be so carless with people's lives? That are sworn to do no harm. Don't they realize that appearance is EVERYTHING in this ridiculous society that we live in. We are all victims of this pressure to be prettier, and more perfect no matter what the cost.
I haven't found any help. It's still a nightmare... Try creams for the hyperpigmentation: Hydroquinone and/or Triluma. If you have texture issues, I don't know what to tell you. You may need another surgery to correct this (CO2 Laser, etc.,) and that is very risky. I'm STILL distruaght over this and still trying to find help. Best to you.
Has anyone tried the Cynosure laser for hyperpigmentation? My doctor wants to do a spot test to see if it'll correct the damage done by fraxel. However, I'm extremely scared and nervous of lasers now. I'm feeling like a guinea pig and don't want to be one. What treatments has anyone had to repair the fraxel damage and what are your results? Appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Thanks to Fraxel I now have skin that looks like an orange peel, scarring, lots of "fine lines" and holes from the laser and HYPOpigmentation. This is PERMANENT LASER DAMAGE! I had none of this BEFORE Fraxel!

So what's there to do??? Because the truth is, there's NOTHING out there that will ever restore my skin to what it was BEFORE Fraxel destroyed it. I can continue to take more risks, which more than likely will cause more harm and injury. I can continue to spend thousands on creams, treatments, skin care systems, etc. And all it does is drive me insane. NO CREAM CAN FIX THIS! Obagi, Vivite, Retin-A, etc. The best, most expensive and proven-effective treatments WILL NOT WORK!

Searching for inner peace and healing...
I am 8 months post Fraxel re:store. I am looking for the same for correcting my skin. I live in fear that I will develop problems like AWalk!!

What issues do you want to address?
Are there any treatments out there to help restore the skin to its normal texture, or close to it? What about ablative CO2 Laser? If any of you have had corrective procedures, treatments, medication, etc., please advise.

2 YEARS POST FRAXEL REPAIR: Because of Fraxel...

2 YEARS POST FRAXEL REPAIR:

Because of Fraxel Repair, I now have skin that looks like an orange peel, scarring caused by the laser, lots of "fine lines" and holes in my skin that resemble enlarged pores. My HYPERpigmentation has faded. However, I have spots of HYPOpigmentation (loss of pigment). ALL of this is PERMANENT LASER DAMAGE! I had NONE of these issues BEFORE Fraxel.

So what's there to do??? NOTHING! Because the truth is, there's NOTHING out there that will ever restore my skin to what it was BEFORE Fraxel destroyed it. I can continue to take more risks and have more laser surgery, but it will more than likely cause more harm and injury.

I can continue to spend thousands of dollars on creams, treatments, skin care systems, facials, etc. And all it will continue to do is drive me insane, while adding financial strain. NO CREAM CAN FIX THIS! NOT Obagi, Vivite, Retin-A, etc. NO LASER CAN FIX THIS! NOT Fractional, Erbium, YAG, CO2, WHATEVER, it doesn't matter. NO LASER CAN FIX THIS.

NO CHEMICAL PEEL WILL REPAIR THIS. NO FILLER. NO INJECTION. NO COMBINATION OF ANYTHING WILL FIX THIS. The best, most expensive and proven-effective treatments WILL NOT WORK! NOT EVEN WITH THE BEST PLASTIC SURGEON.

If any of you have any good sense about you, YOU WILL HEED THIS WARNING AND NEVER, EVER HAVE LASER SURGERY ON YOUR FACE. EVER!

You want to "fix" your face because of "this" or "that?" It's time to turn off the TV. Throw away the "fashion" magazines. IGNORE all things "celebrity." Be thankful for the beautiful and unique person you are and all you have to offer the world. MOVE AROUND. Stop analyzing yourself in the mirror. Smile and live!

Please hear my heart on this, You DON'T want to go down this path. It's an illusion. IT'S A LIE! It is meant to cause destruction in order for them to earn lots and lots of money!!!! These procedures ENSURE that you keep coming back for more by destroying your face and making you WORSE! PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!

Sorry to hear all these bad stories, and wished i knew before! I had a few acne mark on my cheeks and had a fraxel Eribum laser done for the first time. The 2hrs the areas were really red but after it went away leaving just brown marks as if they were burned. I am a light skin hispanic 27yr old was wondering if thats notmal.

I have the same problem as you. Can you contact me? ***.com?

What a nightmare for us all now... The only thing that has worked well for me is obagi skin care line. I used the enhance & condition and it helped correct some of the damage of fraxel. I'll never have my face back but obagi has helped more than anything else that I tried. It's been almost 4 years and I still live with the nightmare & always self-conscious about my face. Talk about regrets...