Fraxel for Serious Pigmentation and Uneven Skin Tone/texture - Do Your Research!

I am an over-50 female who has serious...

I am an over-50 female who has serious pigmentation, and uneven skin texture/tones. I had my 2nd fraxel (restore) and am really content with the process to date. I will probably get at least a 3rd fraxel, or even a 4th (depending on what my doctor says).

The most important things to know BEFORE you get your Fraxel:

1. Do your research as WHO is really going to perform your Fraxel. I did extensive research on the internet and consulted/ interviewed 3 doctors. I found that 2 out of the 3 doctors do not perform the treatment (Their aesthetician does). The doctor I went with is a dermatologist (24 years dermatology experience) and she does the actual treatment herself.

2. The laser treatment (I think, any laser treatment) "burns" the top layer of your skin off. It is not for the squeamish, and of course, each face reacts differently. I had some difficult side effects after my 1st treatment. That's why having a doctor who cares and knows what they are doing really, really helps.

3. Before, during and after these treatments, make a serious commitment to stay out of the sun. I actually bought a 4" brim visor hat!

4. Be patient with the process and your skin. Follow your doctor's before and after instructions extremely well.

I have tried every lightening/ brightening cream available and nothing has really helped. Now, after my 2nd fraxel, my skin looks quite wonderful: healthy, even, and clear.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

She is very experienced and caring.